Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 05:09:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905390 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4260 on: October 21, 2013, 04:09:18 AM »

the world ends with you fucking owns. so many neat ideas in it. why can't squeenix mak more gams like that instead of 20 lame final fantasy spinoffs? (rhetorical question)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4261 on: October 21, 2013, 04:35:10 AM »

Today I tried out Strike Suit Zero.
The physics feel really nice and fluid. Just flying and shooting etc. feels good.
The graphics are also very tight.
So far tho, the combat has been pretty slow and dry, hoping it gets a bit more difficult and interesting

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4262 on: October 21, 2013, 10:24:31 AM »

I picked up Wonderful 101 for the WiiU. The theme song during the first level won me over really fast.

The game is excellent, seriously, even with minor issues. One of the reasons to get a Wii U.

P.S. Anyone play Steambot Chronicles recently? I picked it up for the PS2 just because it was a really cool game, and it remains cool, haha.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4263 on: October 21, 2013, 06:36:38 PM »

the world ends with you fucking owns. so many neat ideas in it. why can't squeenix mak more gams like that instead of 20 lame final fantasy spinoffs? (rhetorical question)

Still one of my favourite games, fun, good style, ideas, writing and music. Also has that squeenix handheld tradition of an obscenely large endgame that they don't advertise at all.

Started playing The World Ends With You.  Enjoying the game so far.  The two-screen combat system is a bit hard to get the hang of, though.

If you can't wrap your head around the battle system, try only paying attention to the screen with the light puck on it (green circle). Or just glance to the top screen long enough to register which path to take and mash like mad.
Level up your partner's ATK/DEF though cause dodging with them is a massive pain til later.

OT - I just finished the Batman: Punching The Mentally Ill. Waiting for my new graphics card to arrive so I can play Batman: Strained Premise

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: October 21, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »

Diablo 2. With summoning/bone necromancer. With /players 8.

ohh god why i keep coming back for this game. Waaagh!

Kekskiller
« Reply #4265 on: October 21, 2013, 08:05:58 PM »

Because you didn't physically destroy your game (I did - felt good). If you're using the Blizzard downloaders though... oh dear.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4266 on: October 22, 2013, 03:02:57 AM »

What a coincidence, I just recently used that to re-download Warcraft 3.  With the latest patch, it doesn't look half bad for a game from 2002.  Super low poly models, though.  Still a fun game.
Leon Fook
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: October 22, 2013, 05:16:09 AM »

why u destroy good gam...

Refuse to play Diablo 3 because i can't afford always-on. I have an unstable internet that will most likely stop me from playing.

Is it still always-on? Undecided

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4268 on: October 22, 2013, 05:39:56 AM »

I think so, yeah.  I don't know if they can ever make it run offline because the way the game is designed, the servers run the enemy routines.  Similar to how MMOs are designed.
Kekskiller
« Reply #4269 on: October 22, 2013, 05:40:27 AM »

Because D2 is a drug to me. I wasted fucking 8 years or so with mostly constant, sometimes casual playing. I used to play D2 as compensation for bad marks to get even worse marks. I played until my fingers and my wrists began to burn only to repeat it again the next day without doing anything in months but playing, playing, playing. I knew every fucking farmspot, runewords, damage formulas and drop chances for so many items. I wasted a shitload of opportunities only to play it again and again and again. It didn't even make fun anymore, it was a fucking addiction making me break my health, my mind and my motivation.

That's why I destroyed. I made choice to against addictive games designed to trap players with ridiculous drop chances and 100% monotonous gameplay. Since then I've never touched any other diablo-like game and I feel better now.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: October 22, 2013, 06:19:35 AM »

I think so, yeah.  I don't know if they can ever make it run offline because the way the game is designed, the servers run the enemy routines.  Similar to how MMOs are designed.
Yeah. It's impossible to run Diablo 3 locally, that's why they have not released any console version of the game.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4271 on: October 22, 2013, 06:35:35 AM »

So you think they're going to port the console version .. back to PCs?  Durr...?
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: October 22, 2013, 07:20:24 AM »

So you think they're going to port the console version .. back to PCs?  Durr...?
Doubtful. I'm just saying that the "we designed it this way and it's impossible to change it!" argument against offline play in Diablo 3 was a convenient lie from Blizzard at the time. Personally, I think they should have just been honest and said that it is an attempt to fight against piracy.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
antoniodamala
« Reply #4273 on: October 22, 2013, 07:31:05 AM »

Why can't I play diablo 3 on the pc with a controller? Why, seriously why? Why is it still always-on? Why do people still buy Blizzard games? Why?

Because D2 is a drug to me. I wasted fucking 8 years or so with mostly constant, sometimes casual playing. I used to play D2 as compensation for bad marks to get even worse marks. I played until my fingers and my wrists began to burn only to repeat it again the next day without doing anything in months but playing, playing, playing. I knew every fucking farmspot, runewords, damage formulas and drop chances for so many items. I wasted a shitload of opportunities only to play it again and again and again. It didn't even make fun anymore, it was a fucking addiction making me break my health, my mind and my motivation.

That's why I destroyed. I made choice to against addictive games designed to trap players with ridiculous drop chances and 100% monotonous gameplay. Since then I've never touched any other diablo-like game and I feel better now.

You did the right thing.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:44:51 AM by antoniodamala » Logged
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4274 on: October 22, 2013, 07:45:38 AM »

I always thought Diablo 2 was a sinister conspiracy between Blizzard and Logitech to sell more mice .. >_>

Seriously though, I could see the gameplay was basically an addictive grind so I just never played it.  Felt like I made the right choice reading posts like Kekskiller ..
Leon Fook
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4275 on: October 22, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »

yeah, it's a grind, it's addicting. though I never played another diablo-like that will make me addict to it. Played Torchlight for some time, but never want to get back to it anymore.

I never farm for item/grind for level in the game, as i though those process of getting strong weapon/high level will make the game less challenging. And i'm not aiming to be the strongest. And i'm not aiming for PVP.

But then i gotta agree with you. Satan probably ordered Blizzard to make that game.

Kekskiller
« Reply #4276 on: October 22, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »

I was grinding for gear to survive in hell difficulty where gear grinding and/or good teamwork is simply necessary for effectively all builds. Playing a sorceress only attacking with frozen orb and charged bolt (+ teleport for movement) requires a shitload of mana at all levels and if you don't have luck with grinding you'll need to trade which again requires you to find items you can trade in for the gear you need. The online component made it only worse to me but even in singleplayer I had my fair share of grinding. I think it doesn't matter which mode you actually play cause addicitive is addictive. Fuck, I even remember my complete gear and the socketing I usually used.

I had a good study friend with whom I started playing in earlier bachelor semesters and he did it even more extreme. When I decided to not play online anymore I gave him my key for muling and since then I've been unable to play online anyway. The last thing I did was playing Median XL. It's way more interesting, the drops are phenominally better and they introduced so many new mechanics that it seemed like a totally new game to me. Luckily enough I was already at my bachelor thesis which had #1 priority. I'm sure if I wouldn't have broken my discs without this in my head. Good to have your reality anchor when playing games.

Shit, I sound like an ex-alcoholic. This is how michael from GTA IV must feel.

tl;dr I'm playing Terraria with friends right now. The game's getting boring fast if you manage to find all basic gear and exploration is imho not worth it after hardmode. Even the newest patch couldn't fully motivate me beyond hardmode if it weren't for my friends. I just get all the things I need and wait for them to acquire their stuff. Simple stuff you can do on a weekend.
Kekskiller
« Reply #4277 on: October 22, 2013, 11:04:24 AM »

But then i gotta agree with you. Satan probably ordered Blizzard to make that game.

I'm not sure whether they are always fully aware of this. They most probably 100% aware of this when making World of Warcraft since the game is made to take huge amounts of time to progress. D2 classic was pretty much like an inspired realtime roguelike with boring levels but you didn't have those uber uniques dropping at all difficulties. The game's usual setup ended after normal and in Nightmare/Hell you had only randomized items so whatever you found it was probably the best you could get and there wasn't much that much possibility to grind on higher levels.

The game was still sort of addictive back but since they actively adjusted the expansion pack it became an eternal trap for some. I don't think they designed the original D2 to be like this. It's a process of understanding how to trap players more and more until they jump on the pay-for-win/pay-for-time train.

I'm gonna stop posting on this topic right now. It's like a fucking waterfall I can't stop and it makes me sick at the same time. I'm better off coding some cool shit.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: October 22, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »

The game was still sort of addictive back but since they actively adjusted the expansion pack it became an eternal trap for some. I don't think they designed the original D2 to be like this. It's a process of understanding how to trap players more and more until they jump on the pay-for-win/pay-for-time train.
basically i think vanilla d2 wasn't designed to be addictive, then blizz realized what their game could be and decided to capitalize on it with lord of destruction. kinda wish there were diablo clones ripping of d1 and vanilla d2 rather than LoD because i still happen to think diablo is a very nice co-op game.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: October 22, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »

basically i think vanilla d2 wasn't designed to be addictive, then blizz realized what their game could be and decided to capitalize on it with lord of destruction. kinda wish there were diablo clones ripping of d1 and vanilla d2 rather than LoD because i still happen to think diablo is a very nice co-op game.

what changed with lod? i never played vanilla d2

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic