Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 01:26:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMass Effect 3
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 29868 times)
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »

Was the Renegade option, "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women"?

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2012, 11:34:42 AM »

I'm more confused about how Cerberus became a bunch of dicks and everyone left it between ME2 and ME3... it should be better explained.
really? you must have been asleep, the game explained this.

spoilers about cerberus, probably don't read unless you've beaten it,
it was explained in those logs in the cerberus base near the end of the game. they were always a bunch of dicks but hid it from shepherd. surrounded him with familiar faces so he would cooperate, stuff like that.

cerberus's more extreme recent actions were explained because the Illusive Man became indoctrinated, he salvaged that incomplete human reaper from the collector base and kept it in the cerberus building. so it was able to influence him like sovereign did saren.

also I'm pretty sure shepherd knew cerberus was only a necessary evil in me2. but it's been awhile since I played that game so I don't remember much.
AshfordPride
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2012, 03:14:49 PM »

squeakyReaper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2012, 03:25:42 PM »

I think the kid was supposed to represent that we'll never be able to save everyone. And by "think" and I mean "had shoved down my throats constantly." I think it'd be more "powerful" if they just showed us him at the very beginning, seeing him blow up, then never bothering with it again.

I know the kid is somewhat important later, and we'd forget about him if the game didn't poke us with him every now and then. Still, I'd feel "worse" if they showed me the deaths of people I cared about. Especially ones that I directly caused/failed to prevent the deaths of.
JoGribbs
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »

I don't like when the protagonist 'reacts for' the player full stop.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »

masseffectneverforget.png

That right there is fucking gold.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »

http://arkis.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-3-Alternate-Endings-SPOILERS-289902125

this guy obviously isn't a professional writer, but I really like this alternate ending.
squeakyReaper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »

Best fan-made ending I've seen can be summed up pretty easily. They said all the reapers were on earth at the end, aye? Well, why not just blow up that one mass relay? I mean, problem dealt with. Sure you lose earth, but you don't lose every other colony/contact with other civilizations/technology/free will/etc.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2012, 09:28:11 PM »

Finished it...

WHAT THE FUCK?

Oh well... OK, now I get the whole Cerberus thing. It's a fun game, but definitely not as good as ME2, it's shorter, more linear and most of the characters that I liked from ME2 appear just for fanservice. James and EDI could've been better used.

Most interesting thing is how the game is affected by the first two, I feel like playing all over again making different decisions just to see how it affects ME3. Specially, killing  Wrex, Kaiden, Mordin and the Rachni Queen, which played a big part in my game...

deathtotheweird
« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2012, 09:38:25 PM »

I played without my saves, because I didn't have them.

Only until after I beat ME3 did I find this:

http://masseffect2saves.com

so, doing a second play-through now.
PaleFox
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:25 AM »

Most interesting thing is how the game is affected by the first two, I feel like playing all over again making different decisions just to see how it affects ME3. Specially, killing  Wrex, Kaiden, Mordin and the Rachni Queen, which played a big part in my game...

except for the kaiden/ashley thing, almost nothing is different. clones or brothers of dead characters will fulfill the same spots. it's lame.
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2012, 02:56:40 AM »

Crysis-Cloak is not Holography.

Citation needed.
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »

Check the requirements.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2012, 06:33:17 PM »

Watched the other endings on Youtube and... damn Bioware, that's so lazy.

JoGribbs
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »

I didn't really understand the ending but I didn't think it was like... horrifically bad. It's not 'human reaper' bad anywho. Is it just that it ends abruptly or...?

EDIT: Ok seriously there is a petition on the internet over this but I don't understand the problem. Is it cos there were only two ending choices? Is it cos the game just ends without telling you what all your decisions lead to etc. ?

EDITEDIT: reading up on it I see the problems...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:51:35 AM by Joseph Gribbin » Logged
AshfordPride
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2012, 01:51:40 PM »

I was gunning it through the entire ME series.  Just beat ME1, went onto ME2.  Hoooooly shit, it's like night and day.  I went from having like fifteen skills to level up fifteen times to having four things to level up four times. 
Dragonmaw
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »

They traded RPG complexity (more skills, equipment, etc) for shooter complexity (cover, headshots, etc) between ME and ME2. I like the increased action of ME2 but I miss the RPG choices in ME1
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2012, 04:54:10 PM »

I didn't really understand the ending but I didn't think it was like... horrifically bad. It's not 'human reaper' bad anywho. Is it just that it ends abruptly or...?

EDIT: Ok seriously there is a petition on the internet over this but I don't understand the problem. Is it cos there were only two ending choices? Is it cos the game just ends without telling you what all your decisions lead to etc. ?

EDITEDIT: reading up on it I see the problems...

I didn't hate the ending as much as other people seem to, but:

-It's a shame the story apparently boils down to a Gurren Lagann ripoff with the same exact three ending choices as Deus Ex 1.

-The abruptness/not actually telling you anything ness of the actual ending videos makes them kinda pointless. I don't mind short/cryptic endings, but the cutscene I got was completely interchangeable with at least one of the others. I was confused for a minute and thought I'd picked the wrong one by mistake.

-The various "fuck you"/low-effort solutions to things fans actually care about (like the Tali thing, claiming for months they "had a plan" and knew how important it was, and what we got was a stock photo and five minutes in photoshop) aren't goodwill generators, and don't incline the audience towards giving you the benefit of the doubt. So when I see an ending I'm wondering whether this is what they really meant to do or whether someone just didn't give a fuck.
JimmyJ
Level 1

Hi!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »

I actually preferred ME1's combat over 2's. The dumb tacked on ammo system meant I couldn't go through the whole game sniping like I did in 1.  Hand Thumbs Down Right
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »

FWIW, I liked sniper rifles better in ME2 and specially 3.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic