Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 12:14:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkFlash developer needed, 1 level prototype, due Mon, $125
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flash developer needed, 1 level prototype, due Mon, $125  (Read 2204 times)
mikejkelley
Level 1

DreamCaster

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »

Hi, I've recently been given the rare opportunity to incorporate the game development company MJK Studios. The studio has the full backing of a major University and its associated technology business incubator.

I need someone to prototype a Flash game for me. I need it done Monday for a pitch. It's a top down zombie shooter (don't worry, it's satirical, in many ways mocking all the zombie games out there) with some new and exciting combo mechanics. You get $125 and special consideration when we decide who we hire for the retail version.

If you're interested, we'll get you an NDA and I'll give you the particulars!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:52:09 PM »

It's a top down zombie shooter (don't worry, it's satirical, in many ways mocking all the zombie games out there)
Already done, and I think the parody of the parody has already been done too.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:35:58 AM »

Already done, and I think the parody of the parody has already been done too.
Not a very appropriate place, Moi, unless you think that's important information for people who are interested in the offer Huh?

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:44:48 AM »

Are you the forum police?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Nix
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:06:31 AM »

Found anyone yet?
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:25:04 AM »

with some new and exciting combo mechanics.

You want us to do all the dirty work for you in an insanely low amount of time for low pay?

Yikes.

Even if it is a prototype, developing solid game mechanic concepts take lots of time.(from my personal experience.)

knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »

Yea unless you want some three-hour prototype(maybe you do) I suggest a longer time and higher pay.
gnat
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »

Yea unless you want some three-hour prototype(maybe you do) I suggest a longer time and higher pay.
This.

OP, this is a really bad business deal, even for a student.

Without even seeing a design document, you're looking at at least 30 hours of programming work for something simple by someone who knows what they are doing.

Here's some raw numbers to consider: For one good programmer on contract, you're looking at spending at least $40/hour. 30 * 40 = $1,200 for the prototype.

Of course, this is very rough without seeing a design document, but it should give you an idea of a minimum for something like this.

LAN Party List - The definitive LAN party list. Also Game Jams, etc.
GitHub
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 07:48:49 AM »

Yeah, and why are you in the videogame business if you are not interested in making videogames?

If I were cynical, I'd say that you got your answer right there...

(← new art twitter)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic