Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 07:35:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Game Maker 8 : collision with free-floating objects
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game Maker 8 : collision with free-floating objects  (Read 1376 times)
Ataraxic
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:59:29 AM »

Game in question: http://www.box.net/shared/9datujeqf0

Hi everyone. Trying to make a game here where you have the ability to change the flow of gravity. You move with the Arrow Keys, jump with Space, and alter the flow gravity using ASDW accordingly.

I wasn't sure which file would have the code snippets in it, so I just uploaded the Game Maker file above. Essentially I want the Gray Box to have all the same properties as the playable Blue Box, except without the Arrow Keys or Spacebar. Unfortunately, when the two boxes collide however it creates chaos. Either you or the box will reappear at far-ends of the area or freeze in mid air and do all sorts of stuff.

Anyhoo, I tried my best to get the physics working properly but to no avail, this I ask for your help.

Note: this is my first time using Game Maker so I apologize if my code is sloppy.
antymattar
Level 5

Has earned the contemporary *Banned* medal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:01:42 AM »

Thats a tricky one. The collisions might need to be relative and the boxes will most usually get stuck because they both rely on the possibility that they might both be static objects and that they just get cough. I would not suggest gm for phisics because gm and phisics mix but only after you leave it out for a year  Epileptic

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic