Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 05:18:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSARCIA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: SARCIA  (Read 10454 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2011, 05:05:46 AM »

It'll be boring for some ppl but you can't overcome this without changing core things that are the most important here and that make a great experience from this game.
Some ppl, like me, will just enjoy the slow paced epicness (that voice-acting!!!) and some will turn it off and go play some BF3 or the newest CoD.

Please, don't change it Smiley

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2012, 11:22:53 PM »

Long time no see Guys!

So hey, thanks a lot for the comments! And like you said AntY. I realized that the game cannot be for everybody. I'm gonna make it the more "user-friendly" possible in the sense that I want anybody to be able to play it. But I will not focus on puting ultra quick action where it is not what I want. Like I heard in the Sword & Sworcery's Post-post mortem talk at IndieCade 2011. I prefer that the game is liked by 100% of the people that like this kind of experience than 10% of the whole world that kinda like it but not really because there is always something you won't like. I'm gonna focus on the experience I want to feel and hope that there is other people like me haha.

So it's been a long time, I did not have the opportunity to work as hard as I wanted during these holidays but I'm resuming to daily work now. Here is a list of some changes to the game. And a new gameplay video is in the making! Should arrive during the week-end I think.

Sinon en vrac:
-New visual and sound for the "Dash" movement
-New visual effect for the "Words" that you sing
-Some corrections on the main character's appearance.
-16:9 resolution instead of the 2:35:1 (Panavision). I found out that the Panavision format restricted a bit too much the vertical sight in my taste. So now I think that the settings are a lot more "impressive and immersive"
-New visual for the rain.
-New GUI more subtle and clean I hope.
-And more to see in the gameplay trailer incoming.

Some screen to help you wait!

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 11:36:31 PM »

Looking amazing! In all honesty, I think posting those screens just made waiting harder for me..
Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »

Hey guys! Only to let you know that I am not dead. I got some little freelance contracts so Sarcia's dev has been slowed down a little but work continues anyway I'm currently working environments right now and that's a big piece. Just to let you know how much work it is here is one of the 5 big maps that will be possible to visit in the first episode. 3/5 of those are finished and the fourth is on its way down to completion!

Click to see the map!

Dakota.s
Level 0

Future Game Developer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2012, 10:42:32 PM »

Wow, this game looks absolutely beautiful.

Games are supposed to be art, and not simply a way to make money.
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »

First time I've seen this. Crazy I want my jaw back please.

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 11:37:44 AM »

First time I've seen this. Crazy I want my jaw back please.
Sirogi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »

After playing "Journey" I find a lot of similarities here.. I guess it's just a coincidence..
orihaus
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2012, 04:06:24 AM »

This looks brilliant! Nurykabe's soundtrack is sounding great as well.

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2012, 04:28:41 AM »

Hey guys! It's been a while haha. Yet the game still continues its development yes yes. If you've visited the official website in the last few months you may have seen some news since the release of episode 0, if not I suggest you do a little visit so you know where the game is now!

Yet, as in the last few months I've been relatively silent about the game, now I wish to be more communicative with you people, so here is the start of the official Devlog of the game. Each day I work on the game I'll do a little post to you so you know what happened in the development, I will sometimes add extra sections like the ''Features'' section which explain some aspect of the game or the ''Monday Screenshots'' 

So here it goes!(In fact I posted this yesterday night on the website so I will post another one tonight)

Day 1
-Added the 8 colors of 11 "Visages" to the game (putting the total number of different masks within the game to 87 yay!)
-Worked on the first Visage Shrine map.
-Worked on the HUD icons (Not quite sure about them yet, I would prefer to find a way not to have any HUDs while exploring in fact)

Features
The Unique Journey System (UJS)
We begin with a big feature I’ve been working on for a few months now.

This feature is one of the main feature of the game if not the main in fact. The goal of it is that every time you will start a new game in Sarcia, your journey will be radically different from the last. This is done by using one of my favorite mechanic in game design...the Randomness!
So yeah, the goal of Sarcia is not to be so much of a Rogue-like game for there are no battles in the game, but yes there is some similarities in their design. The real goal of this system is to give a unique journey into an original world to every player.
So what are exactly the random factors? Well here is a quick list of some ideas that I have and some that are already in the game.

-The Birthplace of your Character within the world
In the final game there will be many "Starting area")

-The Appearance of your Character
Your character's sprite is affected by his equipment even if those are mostly esthetic, It will be possible to obtain them by crafting or by finding secret treasure chest, of course each time you will open a chest, a random loot of a given type will be given to you.

These are the possible equipment slots:
- Voice (The musical instrument letting you talk),
- Visage (The Mask of your character),
- Tool (The tool of the craft you have decided to master)
- Clothes
- Accessories.

-Some of the other Travelers you may encounter during your adventure
Their appearance and story may be picked from a "Databank of Possibilities"

-’’Sarcia Doors’’
These doors are placed at numerous places within the world, when opened, they are leading to a random other "Sarcia Door" in the world.

-Random story events.
A bit like the other Travelers you may meet, some random event may occur in some places.

Of course some “Story Events”, people and places will be scripted from A to Z but the goal of the system is of course to get more and more unique experiences for you.

Well it’s that for now, as usual sorry for my bad english and I will surely explain more about the UJS in later posts.

Monday Screenshot!

orihaus
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2012, 04:48:35 AM »

Can we expect episode 1 to arrive this year? Gomez

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2012, 05:01:29 AM »

Yes you do :D. Also, if you read some of the posts on the website, you will see that the notion of ''Episodes'' are becoming something more close to the ''Patch'' notion and the economic model will be more close to Minecraft also. So when you buy the game, you will receive every future ''episode'' or ''patch'' free. Every patch adding more content and possibilities to the world.

The base price of the game going with the quantity of content for the current version until it reach its maximum price (which will probably be something like 10-15$ max for the final release and 2-3$ for the first one).

Note that with this change in the ''Update Structure'' all of those who participated to the Rockethub campaign will receive the ''Base game'' and it's future updates free as a thank you for the wait and their undying support.

Update!
Day 2 :
-Game Design time : Thoughts about how to properly and seamlessly introduce the player to every aspect of the game through a little journey.
-Work on the final intro cutscene
- Rework the designs of the menus
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:11:54 PM by Kaelar » Logged

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2012, 07:35:55 PM »

Hey Guys! I could not really work on the game today but I did some reflexion about the game and I shared it on my website, you will find the link down below!

So yeah,

Day 3
-Game Design Thoughts : Semi-automatic written reflexion about the new and final introduction of the game.

Devlog - Day 3

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »

Hey Guys! Sorry for not giving the updates of late, the last few days were busy at work and the nights were busy going to many very good music shows cause it is the Summer Festival here in Quebec City. But now I just got one more show to go next saturday (Roger Waters doing The Wall woohooo!!!), so back to work, ‘til that!

So yeah the last few days weren’t as productive as I would have wanted (Except for today (Day 7)) but here I go.

Day 4
-Reorganize things in the Trello Board

Day 5
-Touching up some environments
-Sketching up some maps for the intro

Day 6
-Designing the Sprites needed for the intro

Day 7
-Cleaning up the 2 first tutorial maps
-Creating the first tutorial sprites
-Scripting the first tutorial map (Almost finished, VFX, SFX and blabla)

So here comes the....

Screenshot Monday

This is a Work in Progress

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »

Hey guys! From now on, I'll update this topic once a week I think, so you'll get all that has been posted on the official website during the week!, it will probably be the mondays.

Screenshot Monday (well Wednesday for you I guess haha)

Day 8
- Worked on the two first Tutorial maps
- Worked my design ideas for the Tutorial, I now totally know where I am going with this.

Day 9
-Work on the Game Design Document (GDD) to organize my ideas and for Yann (The Composer of the game) to know where we going.

Day 10
-Work on the GDD
-Contacted Yann for a new song for the intro.
-Work on the intro maps.

Day 11
-Work on the first tutorial map.

Day 12
-Work on some ideas for some areas of the game

Day 13
-Nothing (Roger Waters : The Wall show!!! Wooh!)

Day 14
-Work on the first 2 tutorial maps (Almost finished)

Day 15
-Finished the 2 first tutorial maps
-Polished the timing of the intro so far
-Finished the scripting of the first tutorial map
-Worked on the scripting of the second tutorial map

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »

Absolutely stunning.  This is easily one of my most anticipated games of the year.
Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »

Wow the imagination here is awesome.

alemke
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2012, 12:04:40 PM »

You mentioned in the first post that it would be an episodic game. Will  each episode be sold separately or is it like a subscription?

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2012, 12:12:53 PM »

Thanks guys!

Like I said a few posts ago, I decided to changed the concept a bit over the last few months.
Yes you do :D. Also, if you read some of the posts on the website, you will see that the notion of ''Episodes'' are becoming something more close to the ''Patch'' notion and the economic model will be more close to Minecraft also. So when you buy the game, you will receive every future ''episode'' or ''patch'' free. Every patch adding more content and possibilities to the world.

The base price of the game going with the quantity of content for the current version until it reach its maximum price (which will probably be something like 10-15$ max for the final release and 2-3$ for the first one).

Note that with this change in the ''Update Structure'' all of those who participated to the Rockethub campaign will receive the ''Base game'' and it's future updates free as a thank you for the wait and their undying support.

KeinZantezuken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2014, 11:01:35 PM »

Anyone has a demo version saved? Original FTP died ages ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic