Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411712 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 04:49:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Nikujin [DONE]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Nikujin [DONE]  (Read 90243 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: August 31, 2009, 11:04:09 AM »

What. No he doesn't?

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: August 31, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »

Err... graphics quality?
I knew I would mess up that joke some how.
godsavant
« Reply #302 on: August 31, 2009, 12:08:11 PM »

It's not done yet. Facepalm
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: August 31, 2009, 02:08:18 PM »

NICE, Clemens! Hand Metal Right

The best part of Nikujin. Smiley

Thanks, man. I try to get some stuff done for IB before I have to get back to work. Let's see how far I can get.. Wink

I like the draft. However, after Nikujin stabs the target's head, he jumps back into the air instead of landing back on the ground.

Well that's what he does, doesn't he? If the player doesn't add a combo the animation shows pretty much what the move will look like.

If the sprite is changed to the jumping one anyway after leaping off the enemies shoulder, I could skip rest of the animation.
Still, I might just keep it for showing off and re-using frame parts for other animations. Wink

And make sure it looks painful when he pulls the sword back out.

Hehe, I was tempted to add a jerking movement when pulling out the sword (freudian high-five!), but maybe too brutal for IB?

Also: running animation - I'll iterate it once the speed is fixed and we see if the animation looks right in-game.

And witching hour already..  Tired

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: August 31, 2009, 02:38:50 PM »

I mean, after Nikujin stabs the target, he really jumps back into the air- it's not just a little hop.

You might be right about the brutality thing. Just do what you think works best. I trust your judgment.

Re: Running Animation: I think I'll end up increasing Nikujin's speed from 8 pixels/step to 10 pixels/step. The current draft looks really good at 4 steps/frame.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: August 31, 2009, 02:47:04 PM »

That was the joke.
BoydTheMilkman
Level 0

My milk is delicious

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 31, 2009, 04:22:23 PM »

That was the joke.
It wasn't very funny.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: August 31, 2009, 05:12:18 PM »

It wasn't very funny.
I knew I would mess up that joke some how.

I realize it wasn't funny. Would have been better if I got it right the first time.
I just edited it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 31, 2009, 11:34:07 PM »

Head stab is looking really great! I'll be glad to see it animated so that my friends will finally stop referring to it as 'the wang attack'.

Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 31, 2009, 11:35:57 PM »

Head stab is looking really great! I'll be glad to see it animated so that my friends will finally stop referring to it as 'the wang attack'.
Hahaha I'm going to call it that from now on.
godsavant
« Reply #310 on: August 31, 2009, 11:40:41 PM »

Our colloquial term amongst friends is the 'golden wang', as per the placeholder graphic's color.
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: September 01, 2009, 01:58:42 AM »

I spent too much time on fiddling around with the motion, so I got blind for the errors it has. Further edits are welcomed.

Clemens Scott
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: September 01, 2009, 07:12:47 AM »

Looks good to me.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 01, 2009, 07:56:17 AM »

to me too. Welcome back!
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: September 02, 2009, 04:43:31 AM »

Well, allright, here we go then:

Below I put all the frames above each other so it actually can be used ingame. The positioning might need some tweaking, but I hope it's fine for the most parts:

Clemens Scott
Kingel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: September 02, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »

I think it lacks anticipation, which makes it look a bit as if he's suddenly launched into the air by some external force.

I edited the first part of the animation to make him crouch more before he jumps. I also changed the movement of the sword to make it seem more fluid. I drew the different positions of the tip of the sword as points in one of the frames, and then I drew lines between them. That'll also show points that can't fit in the curve and need to be moved (and I moved the sword without giving the arms much thought, so it probably doesn't make much sense now). Since there aren't enough frames here to get a smooth curve, the missing parts can be added as motion blur.

I hope the method makes sense, at least. Smiley

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2009, 01:01:58 PM »

Sweet, thanks for the feedback and the edit! This is what I hoped for - it does look a lot smoother now.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Clemens Scott
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2009, 01:49:36 PM »

I put it in, and for the most part it looks good, but it looks really bizarre when he pulls the sword back out. It looks like he's being almost gentle when he removes the sword, when that's the most powerful part of the attack (and the part with all the knockback.

He should be ripping the sword out!

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: September 03, 2009, 10:33:51 AM »

I'll edit the headstab animation smetime, for now, here's a proper walking animaion:

Clemens Scott
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 03, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »

I think it would look really good if he were leaning quite far forward into the run, like the original sprite (and like the typical ninja). Perhaps with more exaggerated arm and leg movements.

I've edited it, but didn't spend too much time, so it needs a fair bit of touching up.
I also didn't bother with the sword movements on his back (but it seems to be backwards in your animation anyway, Rogister).

I think this run is more like the in-game running animation and seems more powerful. Opinions?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic