Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411552 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: spitcards

May 03, 2024, 08:30:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammer looking for a team
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer looking for a team  (Read 1585 times)
JulioRodrigues
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2013, 07:18:17 AM »

Hey,

I'm a Unity and flash developer (among other things) and I'm looking for a game project to work on. You can check my portfolio at http://juliobortolon.blogspot.com.br/2012/01/games.html
I also have a github (not much there, btw) https://github.com/juliomarcos

I've already worked with real time multiplayer games using TCP sockets, turn based games, platformers, and even a project for physiotherapy using Kinect https://www.facebook.com/Physiojoy

You can reach me at [email protected]
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »

If you're okay with working for free, you can help us out with To Watch a Bird.
Contact melikimeliki if you want to join the team.
If he will accept you, after you'll sign the NDA, I'll take you in as an intern-level developer until you prove yourself to be competent.
JulioRodrigues
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »

Ok, mail sent.

One thing, what you mean by free work?
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 09:12:29 AM »

what you mean by free work?
You're not going to get paid.
JulioRodrigues
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 09:14:41 AM »

But it's going to be a free game? Or there will be profit sharing after the game get's released?
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »

Please discuss this with melikimeliki.

Update: Julio just fell off the grid. We had him sign the NDA, gave him access to trello & bitbucket, and then suddenly he simply stopped contacting us. He told me to remove his read access from bitbucket without explanation.
Be wary if you plan to work with Julio. Gentleman
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:58:41 PM by soryy708 » Logged
melikimeliki
Level 0

Keeping it real since 1992.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »

I would like to add something to this topic. As soryy708 stated, after reading and signing the NDA to join the group project Julio read the information on our trello and bitbucket which is for group members' eyes only. He posted once on an discussion on the bitbucket three days ago and then randomly he left our trello and asked to be removed from access to the bitbucket. He did not state why even when asked. He is always offline on skype or "offline". I really do not know what to make of this. I don't want to accuse him of being a project jumper, but he didn't even try. Moreover he did not give a reason as to why he disappeared. I do not know if anyone offended him or he just didn't want to be a part of the team and project anymore. It is just peculiar. If anyone else has this issue with him, then be sure to add to this topic about your experience. I'm always open to honest discussion, but just jumping ship without saying a word, no explanation or anything is awkward for me and my team. Of course he was free to leave if he so chose to, which he obviously did. It would have been nice to know why though, in case of anything that I need to correct among members of my team or myself. If there is no reason and he just didn't want to work with us anymore he could have just said so. It seems like common courtesy to me.

Email: [email protected]
DA, aim, & Tumblr: melikimeliki
I must add you on aim first. Buddies only.

My project.
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 03:55:10 AM »

The reality is that if you ask people to work for free, you don't really get to complain when they quit, even if it's right away.  He made it clear he wasn't going to work on the project, so consider yourself lucky.  Many simply just don't get anything done.

You don't know his reasons for quitting, and there's no point in speculating.  Dragging his name through the mud just makes everyone look bad.  Write him off as lost and move on.
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 01:11:50 PM »

Plus: sign an NDA for a game? You want something from the coder, not the other way around. This reeks.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »

He doesn't want his assets cannibalized.
Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 04:45:34 PM »

That's still bullshit. You got usage rights on your own creations anyways, so you don't need to have someone sign it. And an NDA is only worth something if you can follow up with a lawsuit if it's broken.

So... nope, NDAs are still a sign of amateurish projects.

soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 11:02:43 PM »

Well, meliki did mention that it's his first project.
However, these guys also made me sign an NDA. Do they look amateurish to you?
Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 09:06:29 AM »

Yes.

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 09:24:07 AM »

Not going to sling mud here against anyone in particular, but a free collab is just that.
There's no reason for anyone to be "disappointed" or talk bad about OP on the internet - in his own thread of all things - because he dropped off.

I'd also like to vehemently echo the statement that NDAs are to be found in professional projects as well as complete amateur idea guy ventures. There is no correlation.

(← new art twitter)
Secretmapper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »

Seriously, I expected tigsource to be marginally better.

Fact of the matter is, if you're bitching like this, that means you ARE an amateur, period. And you did say that this was your first game project.

Just continue on ahead. You'll meet lots of people, with different personalities and all. Some might stick around for a while. Some may stick around without really doing anything. Also remember, people might (god forbid) get into accidents.

And Some might be the best guy you will ever know.

P.S. like miguelito said NDAs aren't a sign of anything. However, for this scale, and no pay, NDAs are a sign of low experience.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic