Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411672 Posts in 69398 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 05:09:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS AQUARIA 1.11 FOR $20!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS AQUARIA 1.11 FOR $20!!!  (Read 6647 times)
Etaoin Shirdlu
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:01:02 PM »

So planning to buy this once I'm done with finals.

http://www.bit-blot.com/?p=180
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:50:09 AM »

Widescreen is excellent.

Microwave
BANNED
Level 0

i'll stir fry you in my wok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:13:39 AM »

Oh good, now it's a waste of slightly less money
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »

Why do I get the impression you did not enjoy Aquaria? I'm only ten and a half hours in, so I can't really pass judgement yet, but so far I have not felt that my money was wasted.
Microwave
BANNED
Level 0

i'll stir fry you in my wok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:43:10 PM »

Why do I get the impression you did not enjoy Aquaria? I'm only ten and a half hours in, so I can't really pass judgement yet, but so far I have not felt that my money was wasted.
Oooh only ten and a half hours of swimming around doing nothing challenging. But it's so pretty and you're EXPLORING, right?
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:58:49 PM »

Oooh only ten and a half hours of swimming around doing nothing challenging. But it's so pretty and you're EXPLORING, right?
Why did you buy it then? The demo shows pretty well that it's a relatively slow-paced game.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 01:00:21 PM »

No one here has the right to pass judgment on what other people like. You could say "I didn't enjoy it myself", or something similar, which would get the point across without you sounding like an obnoxious troll.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 01:11:02 PM »

Hello, Skofo.

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »

The Mac version is still $30 Sad

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 01:27:58 PM »

MicroWave: Err...I'm quite the gamer, and I managed to die a few times. I got the solar power, and now am exploring the dark caves. I play it while drinking my morning coffee, my other hand on the mouse Smiley. One of my favorite moments so far, was getting the costume at the top of the waterfalls; it's the kind of secret I enjoy finding in the game, it reminded me of Dreamcast Ecco's sky tubes sequence.I feel bad killing peaceful sea creatures though, even if they drop their sweet meat.  Best 30$ I ever spent(yes, I bought it the first day, when the bit-blot site went down, it was awesome).
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »

AAAwwwww... Everybody, let's hug Microwave with all our love  Kiss

*hugs Microwave

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 05:09:23 PM »

Why did you buy it then? The demo shows pretty well that it's a relatively slow-paced game.

Actually, the pacing changes as the game progresses. That's one of the interesting things about the game, especially for people who assume its either just laid back swimming around all the time or action all the time.

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »

AAAwwwww... Everybody, let's hug Microwave with all our love  Kiss

*hugs Microwave

DONT DO IT!

He'll irradiate you!

Darn, it's too late. *slowly back away from Guert as he turns all green and muscly*

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 02:38:32 AM »

tweet tweet @j_younger
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 03:00:35 AM »

Actually, the pacing changes as the game progresses. That's one of the interesting things about the game, especially for people who assume its either just laid back swimming around all the time or action all the time.
Sure. But it still apllies that he had the demo to check if the game fits his tastes. And it features the slowest moment of the game, so his complains about Aquaria being too laid back mean he either didn't played the demo, or bought the game even while he knew what he's getting.
It's okay to dislike a game. But it's hard ro blame it for "wasting your money" when you are given simple opportunity to test if what you get is what you want.

Anyway, is the $20 price a timed promotion or permanent thing?

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 03:16:44 PM »

Personally, I am playing through Aquaria again now that I can enjoy it on my new widescreen monitor! I also, I emailed Alec for a download link when the patch went up, got up to get a cup of coffee, and by the time I returned I had received an email back.

Alec, are you spying on me through a series of cleverly placed cameras or are you just magical?

Formerly "I Like Cake."
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 04:15:51 PM »

As Hideous said, it's good to see our old pal Skofo around these parts once more

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »

Steam, bitches.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 10:32:05 PM »

Woooooord.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »

As Hideous said, it's good to see our old pal Skofo around these parts once more
Uhh, guys, hey, guys, can I kindly ask ye to shaddup and stop harassing those who are quite possibly trolls!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic