Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 05:53:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The happy programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 279
Print
Author Topic: The happy programmer room  (Read 679678 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: October 09, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »

Sounds dangerous. Hope you use battery power only when you do that!
@Skomakar oh god laptop and bath sounds like a recipe for tears one way or the other, haha

The usual reaction! Worry not. I always put it on a chair or stool that's at an altitude considerably lower than the rim of the tub (and as of I recently I usually don't even fill the tub more than halfway).

I finally learned how to use Box2D. Whee, bounding boxes!  Gomez
Box2D is awesome!

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3621 on: October 09, 2013, 11:34:08 PM »

I am thoroughly disappointed that this isn't the situation

(sorry for how grey the skin colours are, in retrospect)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:06:54 PM by Geti » Logged

Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3622 on: October 10, 2013, 02:25:20 AM »

Productive AND bubbly! Epic win!
Kekskiller
« Reply #3623 on: October 10, 2013, 03:35:23 AM »

Quick, someone hack-edit the original post to feature this amazing piece of art.
Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3624 on: October 10, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »

I changed a fixed-length T[N] into a variable size Buffer<T> in one of my gameplay components, and without changing anything else (*) I was to run the game, have it rebuild the assets, and it worked.

Will

(*) except that the change uncovered a couple of arcane bugs in the asset builder which took a while to fix, but still!
Kekskiller
« Reply #3625 on: October 15, 2013, 06:52:29 AM »

Decided to finally begin writing a C++ wrapper for my C toolkit. There are somethings I just don't want to have for occasional use but I also don't want to drop the C base. Makes me happy somehow. Don't know why but I guess it's a good trade-off to continue having as C as a limited environment govern the library's base features but C++ for random, quick and study-related work. I'm a bit vintage at heart, I know.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3626 on: October 26, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »

The more I delve into new opengl stuff the more I "get" why all those graphics presentations use words like "exciting" and "flexible". Gives me the nerdiest cheer I've had for a while Well, hello there!

Brainswitch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3627 on: October 27, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »

Recently realized that Unity's built in networkings NetworkViews and their IDs suck (even more so than I originally thought), so I rewrote the networking part of my game to only use a single NetworkView per player (and one for the server). Abracadabra and the bugs magically disappeared.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3628 on: November 07, 2013, 03:28:08 AM »

Finally sat down to figure out GIMP's Script-Fu. Powerful stuff, and it's really sped up my art-making process.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: November 07, 2013, 04:12:59 AM »

Really starting to get AngelScript properly integrated into my system now, while also reïmagining the component system thanks to new knowledge and perspectives gained recently. Quite excited.

Kekskiller
« Reply #3630 on: November 12, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »

Fixed my raspberry pi, added mime-typed html docs and a basic link collection as default page. Now I just need to type http://raspberrypi/ and click my way through from any place in the network Wizard

Also need to get into basic web tech so I can trigger services and doc generation remotely. Oh boy that'd be sooo cool without buildservers and shit.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3631 on: November 12, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

So I added preliminary utf8 support to KAG and it "just worked" for most of the input users have been able to throw at it (ie the stuff that fits into utf16 and that irrlicht handles properly).

Coffee

George Michaels
Level 0

I like big butts and I can not lie

View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: December 05, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »

I just implemented resolution-independence with OpenGL using black bars and scaling ala movies on your TV, as well as framerate independence through fixed logic timestep and interpolated rendering (render timestep is capped to monitor refresh rate), plus I've maintained platform independence so far

:D

Yeah, that.
MrProgrammer
« Reply #3633 on: December 14, 2013, 02:24:41 PM »

Sloped tiles!!!! Holly crap, were they hard to implement!

Saishy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3634 on: December 14, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »

I feel you man! Also finished mine.

TinyBird Games  We make tiny games!
DC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: December 22, 2013, 06:52:17 PM »

Finally got my 3D sliding collision detection working. Had to convert this algorithm to Python (I suck at linear algebra), but it's so worth it to not have my stuff randomly phase through walls and jitter like crazy because I used Panda3D's built-in collision system.
RandyGaul
Level 1

~~~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3636 on: December 22, 2013, 09:57:20 PM »

Holy crap that's a really nice implementation. Gets me all excited to do this stuff too.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3637 on: December 23, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »

For one of my previous games, I implemented the ability to record the player's inputs and play them back later to re-simulate the play session. It was pretty cool, and I wanted it in my current project, so I turned it into a reusable library. Got it integrated into the new one now, and it worked perfectly first try. I'm automatically saving all play sessions to disk in a way that won't be disrupted by a crash, with the idea that this would be an amazing feature to have for debugging... If I find a bug or a crash, I'll always have a replay that can reproduce the problem. Very pleased with it!

Brainswitch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3638 on: January 03, 2014, 06:39:39 PM »

For one of my previous games, I implemented the ability to record the player's inputs and play them back later to re-simulate the play session. It was pretty cool, and I wanted it in my current project, so I turned it into a reusable library. Got it integrated into the new one now, and it worked perfectly first try. I'm automatically saving all play sessions to disk in a way that won't be disrupted by a crash, with the idea that this would be an amazing feature to have for debugging... If I find a bug or a crash, I'll always have a replay that can reproduce the problem. Very pleased with it!

It is not only useful for debugging but also gameplay testing. You can use it to find out 'weak' spots of gameplay (like are far too many players stuck for far too long in a room, do everyone take the route without the awesome event you spent so much time on etc).

OniWorld
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3639 on: January 05, 2014, 10:02:39 AM »

Release it!

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 279
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic