Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsHow to get laid [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: How to get laid [FINISHED]  (Read 34282 times)
undertech
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2009, 02:24:47 AM »

Hey guys, I found this supercool site that has tons of replays! It's - oh you guys, just find it yourselves.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2009, 04:38:36 AM »

Evilish, use this; it's a complete map of the game world. Not detailed enough in  a couple of places, tho.
Ugh, just looking at that map makes me groan. What is it with developers who think their game is 'next-gen' because it has 10 billion square miles of gameworld and nothing interesting in any of it?

Evilish
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2009, 05:34:30 AM »

Getting a bit bored with it already, whens next patch come out? any new content?
Dataflashsabot
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2009, 05:59:51 AM »

I tried this:

1. Got the keys, went outside.
2. Went to the gun store to get some guns.
2. Can't be arsed with all the 'getting a license' minigames, so I just stab the storekeeper with the keys and take a pistol.
4. Went outside, shot up a few people. Got the police on my back, tried to escape but I got caught.

Now I'm in the jail, not sure if it's scripted at this point or not... anyone know if it's avoidable? The escaping bit seems a bit dull and all too easy to get killed in (which reminds me, needs a quicksave).

It's not so bad... but it needs streamlined, needs an easy mode or somesuch, a bit of polishing... might be pretty good, keep working at it Smiley

EDIT: Also yeah, I hate it when alt-tab is disabled. It's never necessary, please fix it.
Evilish
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2009, 07:02:32 AM »

In your prison there should be a skull, check underneath the timber flooring and you'll be able to find an escape hole already dug out. Enjoy
Dataflashsabot
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2009, 07:12:49 AM »

ahh... thanks. Leads to the sewers... nice optic effects!

btw, should I hold on to the keys or are they useless now? stupid strict inventory limits Angry
undertech
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2009, 07:55:49 AM »

Anyone up for some speedruns? I'm trying to break 3 minutes 56 seconds.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2009, 11:51:30 PM »

Anyone up for some speedruns? I'm trying to break 3 minutes 56 seconds.
Shit, that's fast. I still haven't beaten it at all. Are you using some kind of glitch or exploit to speed things up?

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2009, 01:11:23 AM »

I think he's using his hand.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
undertech
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2009, 01:44:59 AM »

Not MY hand!

Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:51:16 AM by undertech » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2009, 09:10:34 PM »

moi dreams with the touch of a woman.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »

I don't buy such a fast speedrun with just your hands.  You're *obviously* Tool-Assisted.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2009, 09:15:09 PM »

I think Aquin just won

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2009, 10:14:13 AM »

This game made me cry.

Thanks!  Coffee

Captain_404
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »

Ok, this is just ridiculous.

I reached the final objective (or at least, so I assume, I've never played a game like this before...) and - I think due to the female AI scripts - the game started lagging and eventually crashed. But it was still playing somehow? I don't even know.

So, I figured I could just exploit your female AI's if I figured out how they were programmed. Big mistake. I had my character try to start a conversation with one, which is when the game crashed. It started lagging a ton and my character became essentially unresponsive for the next few seconds. When the game crashed it threw up an error message (which I tried to screenshot, but it didn't save for some reason) and then started running again at normal speed. I think it just aborted some of my character's scripts. For example, he could no longer communicate at all, and his motor skills were spastic at best.

My guess is that when you enter into conversation it screws up some variable which throws certain functions of your character into an infinite loop. I did try it again after I rebooted my system, and the conversation actually lasted a bit longer before it crashed again, but it still crashed.

I really hope you can fix this, as it's the only thing I could find holding back what has the making of a truly great game!
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »

I used to be able to beat this game until I started playing it on California Mode.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2009, 04:33:16 AM »

Ok, this is just ridiculous.

I reached the final objective (or at least, so I assume, I've never played a game like this before...) and - I think due to the female AI scripts - the game started lagging and eventually crashed. But it was still playing somehow? I don't even know.

So, I figured I could just exploit your female AI's if I figured out how they were programmed. Big mistake. I had my character try to start a conversation with one, which is when the game crashed. It started lagging a ton and my character became essentially unresponsive for the next few seconds. When the game crashed it threw up an error message (which I tried to screenshot, but it didn't save for some reason) and then started running again at normal speed. I think it just aborted some of my character's scripts. For example, he could no longer communicate at all, and his motor skills were spastic at best.

My guess is that when you enter into conversation it screws up some variable which throws certain functions of your character into an infinite loop. I did try it again after I rebooted my system, and the conversation actually lasted a bit longer before it crashed again, but it still crashed.

I really hope you can fix this, as it's the only thing I could find holding back what has the making of a truly great game!

Sad to say but this is not a glitch, it's actually a feature. I don't mind a bit of challenge in my games but sometimes it seems like jwaap is just fucking with us on this one.

michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2009, 08:49:09 PM »

you guys are so silly

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
The-Imp
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2009, 09:41:59 PM »

Too much green and brown, and the bloom filter is generic, the sun seems to bright. I'm sick and tired of modern first person shooters, wheres the oomph?

5.1734027/13
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic