Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:08:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCritical Gameplay Exhibit: April 17th, 2009
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Critical Gameplay Exhibit: April 17th, 2009  (Read 1661 times)
CriticalGameplay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2009, 08:45:13 AM »

Critical Gameplay is a collection of strategically designed video games. Each game asks the question, what do common game mechanics teach us? Each of the games in the collection are designed to help reevaluate our perspective on gameplay experiences. Critical gameplay seeks to offer alternate perspectives on the way we play.

The Exhibition:
Several video games will be displayed for visitors to play on multiple stations. Each games evaluates a specific gameplay standard and actively works against it. The hope is the initiation of an intellectual dialogue about the opportunities in unexplored gameplay mechanics.

The exhibition will also include other video games and interactive works created by Lindsay Grace.

The exhibition is open to the public and will be held for one night on April 17th, 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
•   Location: 1100 West Cermak (enter at 2268 S. Carpenter / Gate A), Chicago, Illinois, USA
•   Time: 6:30pm - 10:00pm
•   Cost: Free (Open to the public)

Free beer, wine and refreshments will be served.

Please visit http://www.CriticalGameplay.com  for more information

For a video teaser, visit

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 06:09:04 AM by CriticalGameplay » Logged
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 01:15:23 PM »

Awesome...I've requested off work and will be there.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 02:44:07 PM »

I find it comical that you don't say what city or country the exhibition is being held at in the website itself. You might want to fix that.

Sounds like an interesting research and exercise. Wait looks like a game I'd enjoy playing. Charity was a bit terrible, due to the controls, and also not quite as intriguing as the rest of the games, by their description. I don't live in the US, so I can't attend the exhibition, but I'd love it if you made all the games available for download.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »

I deleted the duplicate post, but only for tidiness.  This sounds swell!  Hand Metal Right

Anyone have a couch in Chicago?

TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »

My couch is always available to TIGers.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic