Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 04:39:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHoly Shit Guys Armored Core Devs Presidential Mecha
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Holy Shit Guys Armored Core Devs Presidential Mecha  (Read 2967 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2009, 09:07:18 PM »

This is so awesome it deserves it's own thread (instead of the "funny shit" one).

So it turns out that the makers of the Armored Core games made this game back in 2004 where you play as the President of the United States...IN A MECHA!!!  He goes on a mecha fighting spree fighting the army of the Vice President!  I'm Canadian and I still think this is fucking awesome!!!

http://www.offworld.com/2009/01/change-i-can-believe-in-the-pr.html
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:11:56 PM »

Haha, I read about this a while ago! Yeah, it is awesome!

AWESOME TVTROPE ARTICLE ON IT
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:15:44 PM »

It's pointless, Mister President! - Nothing is pointless! And the reason is: Because I'm the president of the great United States of America! YAAAAH!

Rip and tear! Droop

Seriously, that doesn't even look like an "awesome" game, but actually a pretty fun one, too Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:29:04 PM »

It's pointless, Mister President! - Nothing is pointless! And the reason is: Because I'm the president of the great United States of America! YAAAAH!

Rip and tear! Droop

Seriously, that doesn't even look like an "awesome" game, but actually a pretty fun one, too Smiley
Wait, did you mean: Seriously, that doesn't even look just like an "awesome" game, but actually a pretty fun one, too Smiley
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 12:30:25 AM »

Bit big for a sig, no? Nevermind, I'll just ABP it  Gentleman

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 04:50:06 AM »

There should be a Bush mod, where you fly into Iraq and destroy shit.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 05:29:38 AM »

Wait, did you mean: Seriously, that doesn't even look just like an "awesome" game, but actually a pretty fun one, too Smiley
Why, of course! As "awesome" no more needs to imply that something is "good" in a serious way, I ment to say that this game seems to be both to some extent! Surely, I didn't mean to say those two couldn't coexist.

There should be a Bush mod, where you fly into Iraq and destroy shit.
Ironman - W-Edition? Huh?

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 01:46:23 PM »

I'm Canadian and I still think this is fucking awesome!!!
Actually I realized you'd probably like more that your not American. Seeing how this will definitely play on American stereotypes.

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 02:15:46 AM »

I'm Canadian and I still think this is fucking awesome!!!
Actually I realized you'd probably like more that your not American. Seeing how this will definitely play on American stereotypes.
Yeah, I guess.  But at the same time there isn't any Patriotism either.  We don't even really have that for ourselves in Canada, and I don't see that as such a bad thing, actually.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 06:50:58 PM »

These people just made politics so much more interesting.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 08:41:57 PM »

What the hell is a Mecha? is that the female version of a mech?

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 10:53:02 PM »

Mecha is a Japanese mech, since people who like mecha hate mechwarrior but like japanese mechs they made up mecha to differentiate the shiny steel mecha from the gritty iron mech who are a lot better than mecha usually but people are dumb and don't know that mechs are better than mechas.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 12:58:45 AM »

Where's cyborg palin?
 Big Laff

Yea...I'm not american  Durr...?

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 04:55:20 AM »

Mecha is a Japanese mech, since people who like mecha hate mechwarrior but like japanese mechs they made up mecha to differentiate the shiny steel mecha from the gritty iron mech who are a lot better than mecha usually but people are dumb and don't know that mechs are better than mechas.
You and your "mechs". If it's a giant robot, it's awesome by default.
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 09:10:06 AM »

Man that was by far the coolest trailer I have ever seen ever.

RIIIICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 09:14:35 AM »

This is a man in the right mind! Mechwarrior is the shit! To bad Fasa is dead.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 10:41:10 AM »

Say what? Will your first bit is true, that last part sounds like prejudices. Japan was the first to bring mecha/mechs. The west just made it more realistic. I personally don't prefer one over the other.

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 01:06:54 AM »

A couple notable differences between Mechs and Mecha would be that "Mecha" can be referred to as a genre, and that "Mecha" mechs are traditionally more humanoid looking that just plain old mechs.  Just compare the mech designs in Armored Core and Mech Warrior to see what I'm talking about.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic