Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411664 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 05:46:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Unfinished Swan
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Unfinished Swan  (Read 4225 times)
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 08:56:49 AM »

What I like about this concept is how it gets my imagination going. Wrote about it on my site. For those who can't be bothered to click a link lemme just quote myself:
“It’s the weird colour scheme that freaks me. Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls, which are labeled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up black to let you know you’ve done it.” - Zaphod Beeblebrox
I wonder if we’ll be seeing invisible white-on-white or black-on-black people and animals that react to getting splattered… or that don’t. What if you’re invisible and the world around you can’t see you or your ink, but you can’t see them either until you ink them? I’m reminded of the play Harvey by Mary Chase where in the final line could be taken that while Elwood can see Harvey, the 6 foot tall white rabbit, when no one else can that maybe Harvey can see humans that the other Pooka’s (mythical creatures for which Harvey is one) can’t. Here’s another idea, what if this were an echolocation sort of thing so that you could pulse outward and have all surfaces a fixed difference from the point of the pulse light up. It sparks the imagination.
I agree that in it's current form it's a little to uninteresting, but if they saddled it with a cool concept the mechanic could really tell a story.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic