Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411566 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 06:15:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingfirst game: UFO on TAPE
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: first game: UFO on TAPE  (Read 1921 times)
Troshinsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »

Hello,

Actually I´m not a developer, I´m an illustrator and animator, but I´ve been really interested in the indie games scene for a couple of years now and computer games seem to me a very powerful and interesting tool for expression. I´m too lazy to learn programming so I´ve learnt some Multimedia Fusion 2 and I just finished my first game: "UFO on TAPE", which is an entry for this month´s experimental gameplay project´s challenge.

I´m really a beginner, so any kind of feedback, including negative, will be really apreciated.

The game is here:
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/other/ufo-on-tape/3323/

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:51:43 AM by Troshinsky » Logged

maxwell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:49:19 PM »

I like this, the graphics are really different and effective and the way that the difficulty increases as the game goes on was clever. It reminds me of this orisinal game http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g2/truth.htm, although it's better than that one was.

Troshinsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 07:34:31 AM »

Thanks!

That´s really funny! I didn´t know about that game, it´s really the same idea!

iffi
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:36:34 AM »

If you haven't noticed yet, this got featured on the Indiegames.com blog.
When I first saw this, I was immediately reminded of that Orisinal game. I haven't played this yet, but I'm downloading it and will give it a try soon.

Edit: Just played it, got 1:11 on my first try. This is a pretty fun game, especially nice for a first! I agree with maxwell that it's better than the Orisinal game. I especially liked the background sounds you used - it gives the game a very nice atmosphere when combined with the graphics.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:56:21 AM by iffi » Logged
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 11:15:51 AM »

Man, the little details make this game FANTASTIC!

The camera shaking 'cause you're filming by hand, the horribly out of focus foreground objects and the stripe of lens-flare from the sun.  The video static and battery dieing after you lose track of the UFO...

Freakin' awesome.

Out of four games my best is 1:42.

Hand Thumbs Up Left  Smiley  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Troshinsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 04:36:04 AM »

Wow!

Thanks guys! I wasen´t expecting that much, it´s pretty rewarding, especially being reviewed on IndieGames, that´s really a present for me.

I´m really happy you are enjoying it. My best is 2:18 so far.

feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 12:04:46 PM »

This game is all about the details.  I especially love the sound of the turn signal.  It's the first time i realized that this "video" was being filmed in a car.  It really helps put a story together.

i make chiptunes, uketunes, games and more!  feeblethemighty.com
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 03:15:24 AM »

Saw this on indiegames.com and thought it was a really gret idea. Fantastic work for your first game, looking forward to seeing more!

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 05:12:58 AM »

The game looks fantastic. You can really feel the artistic touch in it. The details make it so realistic and, as someone mentioned already, the increase in difficulty feels natural. Great work Smiley

edit: One thing I'll change is that now the UFO is getting closer in a discrete manner (or at least that's what it look like to me), I think it would look much better if it was continuously moving toward you.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:36:11 AM by Netsu » Logged

Troshinsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 08:51:13 AM »

Thanks!

Yes, I wanted it to get bigger smoothly, but as I said I´m not a programmer at all. I tried to make the game change it´s size but it bugged, the UFO started to blink and sometimes changed it´s size very fast. After trying a little bit it was easyer for me to just scale it manually and make the game change the graphic every "x" seconds.

I just wish I knew how to do that properly!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic