Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:47:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNo Time To Stop (Jun 30 - Video running on Android Tablet)(Arcade / Platformer)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: No Time To Stop (Jun 30 - Video running on Android Tablet)(Arcade / Platformer)  (Read 10379 times)
devi ever
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 12:56:33 PM »

Love the art style and where you are going with it!  Any chance of a video with thew new style?

Sorry if it's already been asked, but are you going to do a running animation?

Also, any chance for a "lo fi" version without all the glow and lighting?  As cool as the new direction is, I also really enjoyed the flat look.  Gomez
matriax
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »

Love the art style and where you are going with it!  Any chance of a video with thew new style?

Sorry if it's already been asked, but are you going to do a running animation?

Also, any chance for a "lo fi" version without all the glow and lighting?  As cool as the new direction is, I also really enjoyed the flat look.  Gomez

I'm working on it now, but still needs a day or two.

The running animation is not planned at the moment.

The game only will have one style and actually will be with all the lights but with minos glow than the last image.

------------------------

After 2 days working hard i have practically done the first screen with the last gfx but still needs something to add:

Alarm animation 
Gun item animation
Particles effects
More light effects

I hope finish all this weekend and show a great video the next monday but well i ca'n promise nothing at the moment.

It's time to work!

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 12:19:25 AM »

I think the last image is getting a little bit too blurred. Personally I prefer the original combined with a little bit of the lighting of the second. But this is probably just one of those things where everyone prefers something different.
matriax
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »

I think the last image is getting a little bit too blurred. Personally I prefer the original combined with a little bit of the lighting of the second. But this is probably just one of those things where everyone prefers something different.

Yes, i'm working on a gamestyle with minus blur/colorfull like the last but a bit more deep/shadows than the second one to get the style desired.

-----------------

The gun:

In the game will appear at 40x24 approx. Also i have a green key card animation done.

Now i'm trying to create an "Alarm Effect" for the game. I hope will be something created in Particle Ilusion Tongue , time to check it Wink
matriax
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 07:37:45 AM »

Still working on the first screen, i hope get all finished this week  Roll Eyes

First screen progress:
Items: key and gun with animations... OK
Alarm Effect(with animation)... Ok
Animated Smoke... Ok
Elevators... 80%
Light/Shadows scene... 60%
Shadows/Glow on Objects/chars... 50%
Interface Gfx... 20%
Sounds... 0%
Shoot effect/particles... 0%

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »

I can't wait to see this in action. Any animated GIFs coming our way soon?  Smiley

matriax
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 12:27:42 AM »

I can't wait to see this in action. Any animated GIFs coming our way soon?  Smiley

BAM! Actual Gameplay Video(Activate the sound!) : https://vine.co/v/blBpaO7lttO Cheesy

And this is the heart animation: https://vine.co/v/bLU35r2r6WU

Also animated cutscenes like Another World or FlashBack coming!  Cool

The first screen still need some details like shadow in the deactivated elevator, some lamp moving with intermitent light, some fly near the lamp and better light/shadows but well now you can have an idea of how will looks the game.

Now the idea is finish the rest of the first screen details, add the first panel control puzzle, some hidden doors and create a gameplay video with the first screen solution showing all or practically all the features of the game.

And now it's time to work! i hope all you like it!  Wink
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:32:31 AM by matriax » Logged
Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 06:13:38 AM »

The screenshots are awesome.
The game in action is awesome^20.

Sad minecraft didnt copyright squares
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 09:38:29 AM »

Ha, I should ask for content more often. You delievered ASAP. Yea, the graphics look great in motion. I can't wait to see more Vines.

matriax
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »

Ha, I should ask for content more often. You delievered ASAP. Yea, the graphics look great in motion. I can't wait to see more Vines.

Well, the video was recorded yesterday and planned to publish today  Roll Eyes

More Vines and youtube videos coming Wink
matriax
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 10:51:53 PM »

Now game uploaded to Greenlight

Comment, vote,etc... Wink
Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 01:59:11 AM »

You should record the gameplay footage with Fraps or something.

Sad minecraft didnt copyright squares
matriax
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 10:54:34 PM »

You should record the gameplay footage with Fraps or something.

Yes, I know in the next videos Wink

---------

Anybody have problems to log in IndieDB with twitter? I can't enter with my account :S . After give the authorization stops and not go again to indieDB and i can't update with news and nothing. (Reset PC, erased cookies,etc.... and the same)

---------

Now working in the control panels for elevators activation!
matriax
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 12:50:40 AM »

Pixel art version of Control Panels:

Click to enlarge

I suppose the next week i will have the full color version with gradients, glow, lights,etc....

In this control panels the idea is add some puzzles or tricky activation methods. Obviously the actual is very simple and will be used for the first one Wink .
matriax
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 03:04:13 AM »

Small gif:

5mb and the quality is prfff. What programs are you using for post gif animations? I'm using "total video converter".
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 03:24:27 AM »

Licecap is what everyone seems to be using.
matriax
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 10:48:46 AM »

Licecap is what everyone seems to be using.

And where i can download it? I searched in google in various sites and appear "livecap" but no link or nothing to download :S
matriax
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 11:10:20 PM »

The control panel in HD. Maybe needs some edits but basically will be this:

Click to see the full version

Now working again in the code. Will be great if i can finish today the first gameplay screen to show a complete gameplay at high quality the next monday. I Hope not appear any complex bug Tongue
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 11:39:43 PM by matriax » Logged
matriax
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 09:38:47 AM »

Added a little more sounds and the first control panel activation to the game.

Now i need to solve some bug fixes and finish the rest of the first screen gameplay and if all works correctly the next monday i will show you a video with high quality and more duration solving the actual level.

Time to work!
matriax
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 12:17:56 AM »

I not believe i wil have all working to show a video today, maybe in the next days.

Also i go to add some "stars" or something like that as "secrets" like in Mario 64. And if you get 99 when finish the game receive a surprise or unlock some feature.

And i'm thinking to add the cutscenes like "Another World" and "FlashBack" before show the gameplay of the first screen.

First, time to complete and add all in the first screen  Hand Joystick Apoplectic  Hand Any Key
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:25:23 AM by matriax » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic