Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:00:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingEngrish ; "A fucked up adventure game"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Engrish ; "A fucked up adventure game"  (Read 1954 times)
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2008, 07:50:53 PM »

Now that I am no longer manbaby..
(as of writing edit: i'm having a flashback of posting this before. but i think i closed the window. sorry if this double-post, but i did search for the thread).
This isn't my game, rather it is the game of a friend of mine who due to life circumstances is unable to present it.
So it's up to me. This was made ages ago.. but it's timeless humour stands.

SCREENSHOTS: http://engrishproductions.com/gameinfo.htm
DOWNLOAD:    http://engrishproductions.com/Engrish%20Episode%201.exe

I find it hilarious, myself. Check it out! Controls are arrow key and Space, which interacts with the tile "north" of you. Have fun killing your neighbors for sofas..

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 12:07:52 AM »

So you never really cared about us at all, and were just posting to avoid the stigma of the 'Feedback Manbaby'? You heartless cretin!

Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 03:08:09 PM »

I do care Sad
I originally e-mailed Derek with this game about 5 months ago, but he ignored me.
Then I read TIGSAUCE Introduction Rules. Embarrassed. and infiltrated---joined the community. Look at my post count man! I'm legit! Ahh!  Wink
Oh, and here's reason 1 to play Engrish:

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 09:43:06 AM »

.... WTF

anyway, i got to the part where the robot-headed boy ate the wizard and then they went to the safe of the adventurer to get supplies. just as fred said he was going to catch supplies, the game closed. i assume this was meant to happen.

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 05:27:06 PM »

Yeah I'm pretty sure I got up to that point last night then it just closed. was pretty disappointing, for some reason I wanted to know how it ended o.o

Oh and I didn't get any of those full-screen cutscene images you have in your posts... all the conversations were over a static gameplay scene.

Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »

Shocked. I just tried it out, and I got the static-ness too.. *confused*. I would have sworn a new version was not uploaded in the past 6 months and that the last version up there had the cutscenes and a fully working game.. I downloaded it about 6 months ago from the site and it worked fine. My apologies. I just wanted to share the game with Tigsource but I didn't think to check it because in my memory it worked fine  Cry.
My friend found a wi-fi spot near his coast guard base.. I'll let him know about this and ask about a working exe Tired

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic