Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:17:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGDynamite Prison Armageddon *Complete*
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Dynamite Prison Armageddon *Complete*  (Read 14619 times)
thewreck
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:55 PM »

*** Story ***
Purple Goblins have imprisoned you! They hide in cakes to avoid being seen, and if you try to get too close, they will try to block you with dynamite!!! Good thing their dynamite summoning fatigues them so you can walk up to them and show them a lesson or two!

With dynamite all around you, you need that cigar in your mouth to keep calm, unfortunate for you however, because as soon as you come in contact with the dynamite, you will lit it and blow it up!

Title:

Its been dubbed one of the most frustrating games ever... Will you think so too? Or will you master this evil game!!

Complete Game available for download:
http://www.thewreck.se/oxeye/spike/dynamiteprisonarmageddon.zip
(Contains 16 levels)
(Evil Prison Guards in Cakes)
(Clear connection between dynamite and cakes)
(Cigar Smoking)
(A Proper Ending)
(Higher Difficulty)
(Cool hip hop feel)

Controls:
Gamepad or arrowkeys.

If you play the game again later, you can press s to skip a level you have already beaten before.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:16:43 AM by thewreck » Logged

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 11:34:48 PM »

This sounds interesting. I'm gonna give it a spin right now.

EDIT: Slow download is sloooooow! Not gonna get this if it's gonna take 40 minutes.

rhys_vdw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:59:19 PM »

The levels are all so ridiculously easy! Usually I can walk nearly a straight line to the cake, with a few minor deviations. And in the levels with invincibility tokens you can always win immediately after getting it. I think you should redesign the levels a bit, maybe chuck a few more types of hazards/barriers in as well.

thewreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 04:13:08 AM »

heh, thanks for the feedback! I tested the levels on a drunk friend and he had alot of trouble with them =P.. but i guess that does not make for such a good user tester... Upping the difficulty! Btw, how far did you get?

thewreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 04:52:17 AM »

Updated it with tweaks to some levels, cigar smoking, cool hop hop feel, a proper ending and removed some invuls and changed it so that its alot less obvious to win.

thewreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 04:15:41 AM »

updated with new demo, should be clearer what is happening now.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 09:50:05 AM »

I liked it, but there's a bug preventing me from playing the third level. Just when I've beaten the second, it exits fullscreen mode, and the game says it has to be closed...
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 10:17:13 AM »

Hey, this is great! I got up to level 11. Very nice gameplay! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 06:52:53 AM by Akhel » Logged
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »

I liked it, but there's a bug preventing me from playing the third level. Just when I've beaten the second, it exits fullscreen mode, and the game says it has to be closed...

It prevents me from playing the second level but same thing.
Anyways, from what I've played, I can't really understand what's happening, I'm a person who needs to get to a cake inhabited by this gremlin like creature that shoots lightning that produces dinamite. Besides being hilarious it's quite strange. :D

Kinten
Gentleman Scholar
Level 3

You be suspicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 02:48:44 PM »

The last screen needs something else besides "press any key" to continue! I keep skipping it. I know I can watch it again by skipping each passed level, but that's not a "glasklar" solution!

thewreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 11:15:53 AM »

fixed it for ya kinten!

Anyway, i state this game as complete now, at least for this time =)

Download in first post.

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 02:09:35 PM »

Hm, I'm completely stumped on the level where you start on the jump pad and you can go left to land on a left teleporter which is right next to a up teleporter.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »

:D

Not sure how it happened. I guess the timer ran out right when I hit the last... cake... thing.

It was very spooky. Both the victory and the defeat BGMs were playing at the same time. Shocked
Zaphos
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 07:24:10 PM »

I ended up stuck on the same level as xerus, but this is pretty sweet!  Should add a screenshot of the game (not just the title screen), so that people have some idea what they're going to be playing, though ...
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »

This is Pencerkoff.  I play game 3 times and the game keeps crashing.  It happens at the end of either level 1 or 2 about the time the black screen moves to the top of the window.  It not much to go on, but maybe you can fix?  But it is good game, I play enjoy.

-PENCERKOFF 

thewreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 07:07:16 AM »

for those that the game is crashing for, try downloading it again now.. try disablin

try pressing ctrl+s also, to disable sound..

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 07:32:48 AM »

Doesn't help. It still crashes Sad
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 07:48:21 AM »

Crashes after the first level every time.

But the first level is pretty interesting.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »

Not bad, from the artistic asset I was expecting a shit game but there is a fair amount of level design in there.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »

Hey, really interesting game, although the difficulty seemed a little random towards the end.

I had the opposite problem as the rest of the people, it seems, as I couldn't find any way to quit and had to resort to the task manager. How is it supposed to work?

Hm, I'm completely stumped on the level where you start on the jump pad and you can go left to land on a left teleporter which is right next to a up teleporter.

Here's a hint if anyone else gets stuck on level 11;
The cakes are always completely safe to stand on as no dynamite can be created on them
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 12:30:21 PM by Saint » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic