Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 09:11:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralIGF Thread 2013
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30
Print
Author Topic: IGF Thread 2013  (Read 62137 times)
iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2012, 01:09:16 AM »

Submitted my current project, '6180 the moon'.
Here is a trailer movie.

May the force be with all you guys!

Turtle Cream / Creative Director
Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2012, 07:33:11 PM »

This may be of interest to people in this thread--what the IGF judging backend looks like (intro video for judges):

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »

Wow, that is a HUGE improvement. Great job Matthew!

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »

I didn't see the check mark for if you're friends with the organizers and should therefore win automatically; do you send that client out automatically or do they have to get it from you along with an urging to enter and not worry about how it looks to everyone else
Dragonmaw
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2012, 08:37:40 PM »

When are judges getting their logins?
Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2012, 08:54:43 PM »

When are judges getting their logins?

Hopefully by the end of the week!  There are build checkers in there now verifying everything, they're almost done.  I'm not deeply involved in the organizational end of things, so don't hold me to that...

Matthew Wegner
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2012, 10:54:43 PM »

Looks really good. I'm already impressed by the submission form. I can hardly wait to upload a fresh build in a day or two. How can I find out a day in advance of when the official entrants will be announced?

st33d
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2012, 01:07:43 AM »

Err, so every time I ask what the hell is happening with iOS entries I still don't get a straight answer.

I mentioned to the iOS devs that apparently the ipas get resigned and they both went, I don't see how that's possible. I mean it's fine if we just upload ipas and somehow it magically works, but neither of our people who should know what the hell's that about know what the hell it's about.

We also haven't uploaded anything because it told us not to upload anything. So, do we get told to upload something? Do we have to compile it in a special way? Is the fact that our devs don't get how this is supposed to work just a matter of me explaining the non-existent explanation I've been given badly or is this going to be a bigger issue related to the fact that our company hasn't released anything on iOS yet?

I'm feeling like there's an FAQ that should exist for this that doesn't.
Uykered
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2012, 03:00:32 AM »

Just send us an email!
Chris Pavia
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2012, 05:55:02 AM »

Err, so every time I ask what the hell is happening with iOS entries I still don't get a straight answer.

I mentioned to the iOS devs that apparently the ipas get resigned and they both went, I don't see how that's possible. I mean it's fine if we just upload ipas and somehow it magically works, but neither of our people who should know what the hell's that about know what the hell it's about.

We also haven't uploaded anything because it told us not to upload anything. So, do we get told to upload something? Do we have to compile it in a special way? Is the fact that our devs don't get how this is supposed to work just a matter of me explaining the non-existent explanation I've been given badly or is this going to be a bigger issue related to the fact that our company hasn't released anything on iOS yet?

Check your entry and make sure your email address is correct, or check your spam folders. Emails to iOS devs detailing how to upload your build were sent out on the 18th.

If you don't have the email, all you need to do is upload the ipa as I mentioned a couple pages back. There's nothing special that needs to be done. Your game is restricted to Sandbox mode, however.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:04:03 AM by Chris Pavia » Logged
st33d
« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2012, 06:04:18 AM »

Apparently we've received nothing. Going to get the boss to double check.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2012, 06:30:47 AM »

It could be that on your entry you either didn't add a new (empty) build and set it to iOS, or you did and it defaulted back to something else other than iOS before you saved (I noticed this happening to me while I was working on my entry). Either way it shouldn't stop you from uploading your build now.

You can probably ping Matt if you want the email sent to you, but uploading the ipa is pretty straight forward.
st33d
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2012, 07:01:24 AM »

The page told us not to do anything. So we didn't. Now it says to upload an ipa. Which I guess our people can do, but still - no email went in the junk. An email was never sent.
Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2012, 08:05:35 AM »

The page told us not to do anything. So we didn't. Now it says to upload an ipa. Which I guess our people can do, but still - no email went in the junk. An email was never sent.

I can look into your entry -- [email protected] .  I'd be curious to know what broke down in the email communication tool.

You can still upload a build, and you should right away if you haven't already (the text about "instructions coming soon" was replaced about two weeks ago with the live system).  Just select iOS IPA as the type, upload an IPA signed with whatever normal adhoc provisioning profile you use during development.  We re-sign the IPA with our provisioning profile.  There is a "Disable Re-sign" option somewhere in IPA building, and you of course need to leave that off.

This is what the flow looks like from a judging point of view:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3HvtwPW6s

On the technical front, Apple provides tools for manipulating signatures.  Look into /usr/bin/codesign:

DESCRIPTION
     The codesign command is used to create, check, and display code signa-
     tures, as well as inquire into the dynamic status of signed code in the
     system.

IPAs are just zip files; it's easy to rip them open, swap out the mobileprovision file, then resign it with your credentials and re-zip.  See https://gist.github.com/2878446 and other scripts like it.  We then make re-signed IPAs available to authenticated judges over-the-air via iOS4+ manifests, and get UDIDs directly off devices with .mobileprovision files (TestFlight does the same).

There's only one step for an entrant:  Upload an IPA.  The help text above that build type links to a TestFlight article on how to build one, which is the same kind of IPA we need.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 08:11:09 AM by Matthew » Logged

Matthew Wegner
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
Chris Pavia
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2012, 08:12:16 AM »

I can look into your entry -- [email protected] .  I'd be curious to know what broke down in the email communication tool.

Judging from his last post it looks like the issue may have been that he didn't have a build entry with the iOS IPA type set, so the system had no way to know he was submitting an iOS game. Which is understandable, submitting a build without a build attached is kind of counter-intuitive.
Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2012, 08:19:19 AM »

Judging from his last post it looks like the issue may have been that he didn't have a build entry with the iOS IPA type set, so the system had no way to know he was submitting an iOS game. Which is understandable, submitting a build without a build attached is kind of counter-intuitive.

Potentially!  Although I think the filter for the email was anyone with any of the iOS types set in their platforms (regardless of build types--part of the goal of the email was to tell people using app store codes that they didn't have to)...

Matthew Wegner
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
Chris Pavia
« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »

Thanks for getting all this set up Matthew!
M
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »

Is there a complete list of entrants to look at instead of only being able to look at 30 at a time?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: October 23, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »

you may also want to fix the sidebar; currently there's no 2013 part for the sidebar

http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entries2013.php

anyway, there seem to be 22 more games this year than last year (589 vs 567) so my expectation that it might be less this year than last year seems off (although the increase wasn't as high as the usual increase)

going to go through the list now and learn about new games. this is really the best / most useful part of the igf for me (the full game list)

Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »

Is there a complete list of entrants to look at instead of only being able to look at 30 at a time?

There are some 3rd-party lists that should be live quite soon.

The JSON feed is here, if anyone wants to create their own, put together YouTube playlists, etc: http://submit.igf.com/json

Matthew Wegner
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic