Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411659 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 01:22:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosvideo game music ten bucks a pop
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: video game music ten bucks a pop  (Read 375 times)
tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:53:18 AM »

heyo i'm tanner bananer & i make music. i'm tryna not have to work at a grocery store and i think doing this and also working on my own games would be a cool way to do that.

here's my a playlist of the kinda sounding music i make soundcloud: songs

and here's a game with my music in it: game

willing to bargain for large purchases, take half upfront, etc.

hit my email if ur interested and thanks to ya!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:30:38 AM by tanner bananer » Logged

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:12:36 AM »

If you really want to get out of the grocery store you might want to charge a bit more than 'ten bucks a pop' for your music, lol. Just some friendly advice from a professional! It is a common mistake by newcomers to the music industry to undervalue their work or even give it away for free in order to get experience but it just ends up hurting everyone in the industry. It has become a trend for musicians and you don't see this in any other craft. If you want experience just make the music. You don't need an excuse to make a portfolio. I thought the same as you but until I really focused on the music, making music everyday and building my own portfolio I did not have success. Same happens in hiphop all the time, I see so many producers giving away beats and they don't become successful or get much in return for it. It's kind of like dressing for the job you want, you have to respect it like the business it is. We need to value ourselves or there will be no industry left for you to flee the grocery store too  Wink

This is advice that was given to me years ago and it has been very helpful. Only telling you this because you wish to do this as a career. As a hobbyist I don't see any harm in doing music for free but if you are serious as making this your career, it is something to consider. Good luck to you and your music  Beer!
tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:17:19 AM »

This is advice that was given to me years ago and it has been very helpful. Only telling you this because you wish to do this as a career. As a hobbyist I don't see any harm in doing music for free but if you are serious as making this your career, it is something to consider. Good luck to you and your music  Beer!

games is the career plan music is the hobby, sorry for the under cutting just marketing as an unprofessional rather than a career musician like yourself.

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 11:25:19 AM »

Ah so you are gamedev then! I see, that's cool I was just trying to give you some helpful advice
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic