Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 07:00:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTwo In The Pink - my first game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Two In The Pink - my first game  (Read 2134 times)
rathowreck
« on: December 15, 2010, 09:19:53 PM »

Just wanted to plug the release of my first game. Please enjoy!

Two In The Pink
Released December 15th, 2010

Test your platforming skills in this retro adventure inspired by VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy!
Find your lost love and collect the blues for extra challenge!
Featuring music by Spamtron!
Awesome!

Visit http://www.ahemwrrr.com to download!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »

64 megabytes? Think you can shrink that down a tad? file size plays a big role in whether I download things or not.

also introduce yourself in this thread: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.0

signing up and pimping your game without reading the rules is kind of lame.

edit: why the name? kinda childish but whatever.

sometimes I hit the moving pink blocks and they disappear and sometimes they kill me, what's up with that?
Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 03:45:34 AM »

Ultimately you're still downloading it, whether as a zip file or as temporary files stored by your browser. I don't play a huge volume of browser games but 64meg sounds huge for one. If you could find a way to reduce the size players could start sooner (and be less likely to get bored waiting for a long load and give up) or play through more smoothly, depending on the way Yoyogames works.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 06:44:19 AM »

Generally the name of a game gives the player a general idea of what to expect from the game.

This is totally false advertising.

=D
ink.inc
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 11:41:27 AM »

Well, the size can't be from the graphics, or the code, so I'm guessing the filesize is from sound? If that's the case, then just use the Sound Recorder accessory (if you're using Windows) to convert it.
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 04:52:56 AM »

I was hoping for something totally different, judging by the name Cool

also - my eeeyees, they buuurn Who, Me?

increpare
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 05:28:17 AM »

I'm on osx here, so can't play just now, but I will say of your webpage that dark blue text on a black background isn't very legible on my display here (especially smaller font sizes)
speeder
BANNED
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 05:41:55 AM »

Sorry to say but I won't even bother in downloading...

It is too big O.o My game with nice graphics, sound and 12 music tracks (I think they are 12... maybe are more), is 6mb.

increpare
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 05:45:00 AM »

17 meg isn't that big, guys...
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 06:54:32 AM »

Well, the size can't be from the graphics, or the code, so I'm guessing the filesize is from sound? If that's the case, then just use the Sound Recorder accessory (if you're using Windows) to convert it.
Why use Sound Recorder? All it'll do is spit out weird wma files. I would suggest using Audacity to spit out nice, lightweight ogg files. But that wouldn't be compatible with Game Maker...

Anyway, it seems as though the moving pink things are supposed to be like enemies (you can step on them) and the stationary pink things are like invulnerable obstacles. Unfortunately, because they look exactly the same, it's kind of hard to figure this out.

Also, the controls on the title screen could use more concise wording, and the chiptune music is kind of a mess. But once I got to the later levels, the platforming got pretty fun.

I'd say the biggest problem with this game is the potential for people to not understand it.
ink.inc
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »

I use Sound Recorder because... well, it's already on my PC. Admittedly, the sound quality you get when converting it is pretty shitty.

BUT Sound Recorder CAN export .wav files.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »

17 meg isn't that big, guys...
Mang, look at the screenshots. You could have better quality in spectrum games for 48 kilobytes(64 if you include the operating system).

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic