Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 06:02:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7305393 times)
DoomCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27300 on: July 14, 2014, 11:34:29 PM »

This is nice man, love the mockup too. Kinda wish the knee went a bit higher, his legs look a bit stiff right now.

Thanks Damian, glad you like it. You're correct, it is a bit stiff right now. I think the animation needs to be a little more dramatic all round.

Just some fast PS cut,paste,rotate fixes to show some improvement potential Smiley

Thanks, NNWW. Really appreciate the quick fix. I'll need to get it into a graphics editor later to take a closer look at what you did, but it does add a little more life to the current animation. Cheers.

DoomCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27301 on: July 15, 2014, 12:08:12 AM »

Running kitty, 8 frames. It feels really good to finally finish something, even if it's small 24x24 animation. It's still far behind from things you post here, but I'll do my best to catch up one day!

This is great work, zath, especially since you're new to animation. I love the character design.

I recommend you look a little more at reference for the cat's animations, though, as I think it will help you figure out how they move more naturally and make your work appear a little more smooth.

I did a very quick edit (I hope you don't mind) to demonstrate what I mean. It's based on this image I found online - https://fractad.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cat.jpg

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #27302 on: July 15, 2014, 01:36:41 AM »

Wasn't sure where to post this. I find ascii similar to minimalistic pixel art so this thread seemed to have the right folk. Looking for real feedback.

There are a few things different in each version of the following scene
A. The player's Hatchet
B. Bird on the tree branch (suppose to be a vulture)
C. Evil Tree's eyes
D. Evil Tree's mouth

Thanks in advance.

zath
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27303 on: July 15, 2014, 02:19:40 AM »

I did a very quick edit (I hope you don't mind) to demonstrate what I mean. It's based on this image I found online - https://fractad.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cat.jpg

This is great, thanks for the feedback! Of course I don't mind. I'm going to compare your edit with mine and see how to improve myself in the future. Yours looks really smooth and you haven't used second color for second pair of paws. I've tried it myself, but without much success. Thanks again!

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #27304 on: July 15, 2014, 02:28:25 AM »

Reminds me of old Lemmings.

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #27305 on: July 15, 2014, 02:36:50 AM »

The style is awesome and the vehicle perspectives combined with all the different layers makes the scene epic. Not a fan of the layer of dust in the background behind fence, unless there's some story/ambiance I don't know about but when things are in motion the sensation could be different.

DoomCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27306 on: July 15, 2014, 04:25:51 AM »

The style is awesome and the vehicle perspectives combined with all the different layers makes the scene epic. Not a fan of the layer of dust in the background behind fence, unless there's some story/ambiance I don't know about but when things are in motion the sensation could be different.

Thanks, StandardCombo. You're right about the dust in the BG. As the screenshot has moved on it has become increasingly more redundant looking. I'll have to make a call on it soon enough, but it shouldn't be a problem to drop it if it's not working out. Here is the more advanced version of the scene.

Oleg Klishin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27307 on: July 15, 2014, 07:16:53 AM »

I'm in love with FUEL. It is a very hardcore though minimalistic 7 day roguelike with side view by Ido Yehieli. So I couldn't resist but make a graphics overhaul. I suck at palettes, so I went with Dawnbringer's 32c:

This is original screenshot (art by Tom Whetnall):

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:22:31 AM by Phoenix849 » Logged

Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #27308 on: July 15, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »

I'm in love with FUEL. It is a very hardcore though minimalistic 7 day roguelike with side view by Ido Yehieli. So I couldn't resist but make a graphics overhaul. I suck at palettes, so I went with Dawnbringer's 32c:

Damn good game, I just wish the health didn't run out so quickly or at least extra coins could be carried over. There is rarely enough health to find the exit.

I think the reskin looks good however the icon for gun in the hud is the first thing that seems less readable. The red eyes for the flying dude are great and crystals look tasty!

marquet
Level 0

Time to make a game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27309 on: July 15, 2014, 02:27:51 PM »

I'm making a template

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:12:03 PM by marquet » Logged

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27310 on: July 15, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »

^ That's pretty cool. I think it could be a bit better if the black line between his feet and legs weren't there, but overall, it's pretty solid.

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #27311 on: July 15, 2014, 11:51:49 PM »

A couple of new ones.

Oleg Klishin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27312 on: July 15, 2014, 11:59:58 PM »

Damn good game, I just wish the health didn't run out so quickly or at least extra coins could be carried over. There is rarely enough health to find the exit.

I think the reskin looks good however the icon for gun in the hud is the first thing that seems less readable. The red eyes for the flying dude are great and crystals look tasty!
Sure it is! I couldn't beat more than 3 levels myself I think. Maybe I'll do a 7 day Fuel-like some day Smiley

Thanks for the crit though. You are right about the gun. It just didn't get as much outline as other two icons.

Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27313 on: July 16, 2014, 01:27:42 AM »

@standardcombo: sweet ASCII animations, dude!
DoomCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27314 on: July 16, 2014, 03:24:24 AM »

Hi folks, here is an updated version of my character's run cycle. I've taken all the feedback into account and added some other minor flourishes. Let me know what you guys think.

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27315 on: July 16, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »

@standardcombo
Dude, the slave master rocks Grin

Kingel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27316 on: July 16, 2014, 07:57:07 AM »

I really like the mockup for this and the overall style. There's something about this run cycle that makes it look more as if he's running backwards, though. I think it's mainly because his legs are quite stiff. If you look at this series of Muybridge photos, you can compare the frames you have with the closest equivalent in the photo series. That should make it a little easier to see where you can improve it. Also, I would modify the lighter part of his hair so it also moves and looks more connected to the moving, darker parts.

I've decided I need more animation practice, so here are some sprites.

Run cycle and ghost form of the same character. I'm going to make her feet less flexible so they give a better impression of hooves. Also need to recolor it a bit and make the far hand and foot more visible.

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #27317 on: July 16, 2014, 09:36:12 AM »

IMO the stiff legs give him personality, like he's prouncing through the level. A cool temper, upbeat and some femininity. Not sure if that's the intention but its the vibe i got.

Ellian
Level 0

Procrastinator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27318 on: July 16, 2014, 01:12:54 PM »

Work in progress, now with 101% more ugly double resolution.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:27:56 PM by Ellian » Logged

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27319 on: July 16, 2014, 01:28:18 PM »

That font is one of the best pixel fonts I have ever seen, so beautiful!
Pages: 1 ... 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic