Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 06:29:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEnvironmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Environmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]  (Read 207376 times)
Cathay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: September 10, 2013, 05:54:41 AM »

Absolutely awesome music for the trailer.
Gear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 10, 2013, 06:27:59 AM »

After considering different possibilities for the longest time, I've decided that the game will most probably be completely free. This decision was affected a lot by seeing how much stress is included in commercially releasing a game.

EDIT: oh, and also: 73%!

Free, but with a donate button, right? Because come on.

Or sell the soundtrack later on.
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 10, 2013, 07:46:57 AM »

But could you not perhaps find someone to assist you with the businessy parts instead?

That sounds like a good advice to me; perhaps a member of this community is willing to help you with the creepy business stuff?

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: September 10, 2013, 08:14:41 AM »

donationware is the future. you are a good man hempulion

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
coah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 10, 2013, 09:05:40 AM »

I think its a bit of a shame that your not going to be selling it. It could have done very well.
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: September 10, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »

This game does look great and I'm sure everyone here would love to support you for your hard work. Business stuff does not have to be too bad. I've worked with the people at the Humble Store and they make it quite easy to release a game. However, one thing you cannot escape is that when people pay money for a game they expect support for bug fixes and the like.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 10, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »

Yeah , go for it , I'm sure such a game would be a hit in the market , just hire someone to help you in the business stuff and|or try and find a publisher
Polyphonic Entity
Level 0

Melting Brains With Sound Waves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2013, 08:02:15 PM »

I will not play this if it will be free.  Angry

Seriously tho, this looks like a little gem. I'm sure there are people who are willing to help you with a commercial release.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #608 on: October 01, 2013, 04:35:36 PM »

Even if I get someone to handle the marketing, there'll still be plenty of really annoying/stressful stuff, such as setting up a company, handling payments, answering to player criticism/refund requests, reporting everything I earn so that I can be taxed accordingly etc. Not to mention that I know from experience that Multimedia Fusion 2 games tend not to work for some people due to reasons unfathomable. Publishing a game commercially while simultaneously knowing that there'll be a certain amount of customers who I can't help at all would feel somewhat wrong to me, too.  Shrug

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement and compliments, guys! It's cool to know there'll be players for the game once it's done. I'll probably get the current area done sometime soon, only ~3 rooms to go!

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 01, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »

Even if I get someone to handle the marketing, there'll still be plenty of really annoying/stressful stuff, such as setting up a company, handling payments, answering to player criticism/refund requests, reporting everything I earn so that I can be taxed accordingly etc. Not to mention that I know from experience that Multimedia Fusion 2 games tend not to work for some people due to reasons unfathomable. Publishing a game commercially while simultaneously knowing that there'll be a certain amount of customers who I can't help at all would feel somewhat wrong to me, too.  Shrug

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement and compliments, guys! It's cool to know there'll be players for the game once it's done. I'll probably get the current area done sometime soon, only ~3 rooms to go!

SELL IT YOU BUCKAROO , DON'T THINK ABOUT IT ... JUST DO IT , IT'S NOT FUN WHEN I CAN'T SHOOT MUNEEY ON MY SCREEN ...
phi6
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #610 on: October 01, 2013, 09:16:58 PM »

One of the most anticipated games on TIGSource, in my opinion!

TinyKeep is now on Steam!
@phi6
Conker534
« Reply #611 on: October 02, 2013, 07:59:05 AM »

Thats to bad that you don't want to sell it, but I also agree, setting up everything seems like a lot of bleh.
IronWill
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #612 on: October 02, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »

I'm really excited about this game.  I played the demo you released a long time ago, and had a lot of fun.  I would totally pay money for this game, though I understand your reasons for not selling it.

TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: October 02, 2013, 01:53:51 PM »

Not to mention that I know from experience that Multimedia Fusion 2 games tend not to work for some people due to reasons unfathomable. Publishing a game commercially while simultaneously knowing that there'll be a certain amount of customers who I can't help at all would feel somewhat wrong to me, too.  Shrug

You could always make a couple bucks with some merch or a soundtrack after release.

I'd buy the shit out of some posters or box art for this game.

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 02, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »

Not to mention that I know from experience that Multimedia Fusion 2 games tend not to work for some people due to reasons unfathomable. Publishing a game commercially while simultaneously knowing that there'll be a certain amount of customers who I can't help at all would feel somewhat wrong to me, too.  Shrug

You could always make a couple bucks with some merch or a soundtrack after release.

I'd buy the shit out of some posters or box art for this game.

That's a great idea, I think. Even if it's not going to make you rich, you should give us fanbois some way to throw cash at you...  Hand Money Left
rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: October 02, 2013, 02:49:06 PM »

You certainly have a fan here! Inspiring!

phi6
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: October 02, 2013, 08:21:22 PM »

Or - release for free and accept donations via PayPal. I'll donate!

TinyKeep is now on Steam!
@phi6
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: October 03, 2013, 01:20:09 AM »

This.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
coah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 03, 2013, 08:18:08 AM »

This.

There's a donate button on his site if you want to do that.
antoniodamala
« Reply #619 on: October 03, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »

This.

Indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic