Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411587 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 09:21:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPokemon GO
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Pokemon GO  (Read 12811 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2016, 03:53:38 AM »

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2016, 07:47:34 AM »

dorks vs dorks

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2016, 09:30:28 AM »

nile rodgers is not a dork!!!
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »

it launched in Russia and its a shitshow as expected
You can get 2 years and 200000 rubles fine(less than 4 cents) for catching pokemons in christian temples, cemeteries, subway, goverment building, military bases etc. One guy received a botlle of kosher vine for going into sinagogue though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 09:41:13 AM by Cobralad » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2016, 09:33:53 AM »

I can only imagine the panic at nintendo HQ right now
"omg we didn't do anything! it's raining money! maybe we should realign accordingly! wait we broke a new record AGAIN? the week isn't even over!"
hint to you nintendo: it's a wink send to you by investor to go mobile (though it might be a lightning in a bottle).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2016, 11:22:08 AM »

Nintendo is way too obsessed with keeping their hardware ecosystem intact tbh. They could own the mobile games market if they made a serious effort.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:32:02 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2016, 11:42:05 AM »

nintendo is in such an interesting spot. they do innovative hardware for sure, but its no question that at this point their most obvious value is in how well-developed and long running their IPs are, and they know it. people buy the new consoles specifically for zelda, pokemon, metroid, etc. the overhead for console development and production has got to be thousands of times what it would cost to just make mobile games using those IPs and much less "profitable", but focusing on mobile games would effectively eliminate them from their role in shaping the console tech, which would be a serious loss not just for the company but for gaming.

there is no way they wont be changing strategies after the insane success of pokemon go, but they'll have to find a clever way of leveraging those tentpole IPs without compromising the draw of those IPs for onboarding players to their next gen console. its a weird situation where they are swimming in money right now, but some bad moves could be pretty catastrophic for their future plans.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2016, 12:13:05 PM »

to be honest, if a glitchy ingress pokemon reskin can make those kinds of waves, imagine what e.g. a casual mario game designed from the ground up for mobile with nintendo's immaculate craftsmanship could do.

not to mention their many casual IPs
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2016, 12:54:51 PM »

They're releasing mobile titles for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing later this year, too. I don't know about the Fire Emblem one, but I'm sure Animal Crossing'll be a hit
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2016, 01:02:37 PM »

animal crossing is a great fit, yes
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2016, 01:10:08 PM »

Nintendo don't make a decision in a business sense most of the time, however if you go from the art driven perspective, it makes a lot of sense, they don't do thing that aren't meaningful to them ... but they defend themselves saying they are making art ... well none of the interview corroborate that!

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2016, 11:18:24 PM »

Theres all sorts of moral panics about "zombifying game that is like drug".
Orthodox priest calls players "retards". Fucking gentiles acting like they are top shit.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2016, 11:43:21 PM »

adults playing Pokemon umm maybe try a REAL hobby like mocking your peers for daring to glean even a moment of joy from this wretched life

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2016, 05:17:54 AM »

Nintendo is way too obsessed with keeping their hardware ecosystem intact tbh. They could own the mobile games market if they made a serious effort.

If it does not mean less support for Console then I dont really mind that personally but it might be good for the company even if I dislike it. Mobile games are easy make but they require shit tons of money for marketing and the game needs to have decent idea.
voidSkipper
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2016, 05:21:59 AM »

adults playing Pokemon umm maybe try a REAL hobby like mocking your peers for daring to glean even a moment of joy from this wretched life

Oh man. I couldn't believe the old farts on the iRacing forums taking the piss out of Pokemon GO players. All this time I thought the "it's not a game, it's a SIM" mantra was tongue in cheek, but they really think that spending $10,000 on playing pretend race cars is somehow better than catching Pokemon on the way to the bus stop.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2016, 07:15:23 AM »

i like how pokemon go seems to be counteracting the usual anti-mobile circlejerk among "core gamers" a little. what's funny about this is it has most of the shitty f2p mechanics that people who hate mobile games cite as a reason why theyre bad.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2016, 07:52:12 AM »

According to a report from research company Slice Intelligence, Pokemon Go's in-game purchases made up 47 percent of total of the entire mobile gaming market in a single day, on July 10.
Epileptic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzjLRgStQ1o?

Nintendo is doomed

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2016, 08:10:13 AM »

According to a report from research company Slice Intelligence, Pokemon Go's in-game purchases made up 47 percent of total of the entire mobile gaming market in a single day, on July 10.
Epileptic

Nintendo is doomed

Doomed? They just made a ton of cash.

This happened for what Silbereisen calls the "counteracting anti-mobile".. it's "because Pokemon". People have fond memories and the idea of catching pokemon in the wild is novel. But if Pokemon on Gameboy never existed I doubt Pokemon Go would be nearly as popular.

It's not much of a "game" the way I see it anyways. It's more of a fill-the-collection and run into people. It's very different from what we're used to.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2016, 08:12:33 AM »

Blink It's a meme  Blink

Big Laff

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2016, 08:46:41 AM »

Epileptic

:D You dont need new console when you can own everything with just one game.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic