Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411682 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 04:07:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWings of Armada (feedback request)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Wings of Armada (feedback request)  (Read 5606 times)
berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2009, 12:52:08 AM »

Hi guys! Here is the game we've been working since we released Armada Tanks. This game uses same engine, part of the art assests and is built with similar visual style and gameplay in mind so it's kinda spin-off, however it is fundamentally different. In general it's nowhere near lighthearted shmup Armada Tanks was, while sharing same gameplay fundamentals - we've tried to add more complexity in it. There is a big map for each level with various missions, some of them are optional, a lot of destructible scenery to break. There is also a lot of secrets and areas that can be unlocked once you obtain some key element on later level, therefore the game has quite some replay value if you decide to do more than following obligatory missions.

The core gameplay of Wings of Armada is similar to Armada Tanks - you shot and you shoot a lot! You control helicopter that has massive upgrade potential - various weapons and gadgets, but for some side missions you can control other vehicles like different tank modifications.

This game is quite reminiscent to the Strike series that was so popular in 16-bit era (Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike) except Wings of Armada is casualized reincarnation with all those tedious fuel and ammo stuff being thrown out.

Here is a few screenshots attached:

EDIT - videos:
Wings of Armada video #1
Wings of Armada video #2
Wings of Armada video #3
Wings of Armada video #4

So what do you think about this litte game, guys? Would Jungle Strike reincarnation in a way we reincarnated Battle City with Armada Tanks is something you might be interested in giving a shot?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:47:53 AM by berserker » Logged

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:17 AM »

We have a separate feedback forum for that kind of stuff. Hopefully, a mod will move it there.
berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 02:14:01 AM »

Yeah, please move it to appropriate section if it is in the wrong one.

Curseman
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:55:49 AM »

The visuals in those screenshots look fantastic!
kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:49:59 AM »

Looks fantastic, and Jungle Strike was an awesome game, if you can work the same magic with it I can't wait!

Kev

berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »

Well, we had Strike series as inspiration material but as you can see from the videos we turned it into a bit more shooter side without all those resource management (limited fuel and ammo etc), but intead turned up action side quite a bit with 5 different weapon types with 5 weapons in each type, number of other upgrades, etc.

berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 12:30:52 AM »

Another video posted that shows some green scenery bits:
http://www.enkord.com/forum/blog.php?b=54

lulzapricot
Level 0

om nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 10:38:46 AM »

Looks like a lot of fun, and I really dig the graphical style.
Pkeod∞
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »

I like it too, but maybe it could use something like fog of war?
berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 11:14:17 PM »

Why would you need a fog of war there? Helicopter is always in the center of the screen and you control it all the time. Scrolls shown in the video are scripted which shows you structures you need to fly over and destroy, you cannot scroll screen on your own without flying there.

Jolli
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 12:40:44 AM »

this game looks sweet
i like the 1st video  Smiley
godsavant
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 08:40:40 PM »

This is great! I was always annoyed by the fuel/ammo stuff in the original Strike games, this looks much more streamlined.
berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 06:06:49 AM »

Thanks eva-jolli and godsavant, we are trying hard to make this game fun and comprehensive Smiley

PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 06:26:51 AM »

MMM! Love it! Everything about this looks great.

The toonshaded (ugh, what a terrible term) graphics are perfect (remind me a little of captain skyhawk) and make the game really inviting. The particle effects look awesome, too.

The object models are great because they use mostly simple shapes. They do a great job of conveying what they are.

I love that you can destroy walls, and a top-down free-roaming shooter is a fantastic idea. I remember a game, I think called Area 57 or something, which was very very fun. People make so many shooters that are uni scrolling, I don't see what the obstacle for a free scrolling shooter is!

My $0.02: keep going, don't change a thing =)
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 02:16:49 PM »

everything in these screens and videos looks mega freaking amazing Shocked really nice graphics, smooth and fluid gameplay.. whoa. i really dig "low" detail objects Smiley gg so far.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 10:20:44 PM »

This is looking great so far!  I'm definitely interested to see this develop.

berserker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 11:59:59 PM »

Wings of Armada video #3
- posted on Enkord website which shows new flamer weapon and volcanic scenery bits.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:32:15 AM by berserker » Logged

davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 08:45:03 AM »

might wanna check your links, other than that - amazing!

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 03:00:46 PM »

This game look beautiful, somewhat reminiscent of the n64 3d.  Hand Metal Left Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right
Any chance we'll get a beta soon?

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 01:30:34 AM »

the graphics style seems a bit inconsistent, some stuff has black outline, some not (like trees and walls), still the game seems fun, i'll give it a try

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic