Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 01:21:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Main Characters
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 64
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Main Characters  (Read 288908 times)
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 26, 2010, 04:31:44 PM »

nope, it still a beta and god, that wasn't my intention. to be honest i downloaded like 50 games from pixel prospector yesterday but this was the only one that caught my atention. just watch the video

. even if the game still a beta Mina has a lot of moves and if the game gets finished someday she really deserve a place on IB. and if the game's never finished she deserves a place anyway xD

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1041 on: June 26, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »

nope, it still a beta and god, that wasn't my intention. to be honest i downloaded like 50 games from pixel prospector yesterday but this was the only one that caught my atention. just watch the video

. even if the game still a beta Mina has a lot of moves and if the game gets finished someday she really deserve a place on IB. and if the game's never finished she deserves a place anyway xD
It might have caught your attention, but that doesn't mean it has caught EVERYBODY's attention. We want games that we absolutely KNOW are popular among the MANY people in the Indie crowd. Otherwise, there will be characters that people are not familiar with in the game.

So, to sum it up, it's how well known it is over how well made it is (the same reason Sexy Hiker is in).
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1042 on: June 26, 2010, 05:50:37 PM »

Well, it's got to be both reasonably well-known and reasonably good. Sexy Hiking is still a good game, if you approach it with the right mind-set.

It's a moot point, though, because unfinished games won't be included in IB. Until a game is finished, there's no way of knowing how exactly it will play, and what the most iconic parts will be.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 26, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »

My Word! oh i see. i would do another suggestion but i feel like i already did a lot today -.-

ink.inc
« Reply #1044 on: June 26, 2010, 10:31:22 PM »

(plus she's wearing some clothes)

Operative word being some. That's an awful lot of jubblies for such a small sprite.  Shocked
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 27, 2010, 08:33:57 AM »

(plus she's wearing some clothes)

Operative word being some. That's an awful lot of jubblies for such a small sprite.  Shocked
the firts thing was a joke but i didn't get what you sayed. i'm good at english but i'm not from USA or UK so the word "Jubblies" is not on my head dictionary and the useless google translator doesn't know how to translate it :/

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 27, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »

jubblies: mammory glands.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 27, 2010, 03:57:38 PM »

oh sure.god there's plenty other words for that definition like bewbs, breasts and ti.... nevermind. but well, based on the original artwork i think she's supposed to be hot. i know what you're thinkin: "RILO'S HOT AND SHE DOESN'T HAS BIG *insert word here*!!" but com'on. i guess the creator likes girls with... nevermind. but lets forget about her for now and lets talk about other cool character that has potential: Main character from "Streambolt Desero" ( http://www.mediafire.com/?milzy4zzjo5 and a video

). i'll suggest a movelist later i gotta go dinner ^^U

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 27, 2010, 04:11:18 PM »

Frikman, the thing is, a lot of the games you suggest are very obscure or not finished. For a game to be worthy of main character status, and often even support status, it needs to be KNOWN in the indie community. Most characters you suggest are either in-development or not recognizable enough.

It would also help a lot if you typed with appropriate punctuation, like this. The way you type now makes it extremely difficult to treat you seriously.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 27, 2010, 05:11:54 PM »

im tellin' ya, im latino hombre! just kiding xD (not really. i'm really a latin). the point is i didn't knew "Streambolt Desero" wasn't well-know enough. I played the game yesterday and i tough the main character had potential for being a character on this game (sword + machinegun/rockets/lasers + giant energy balls + jetpack + dashes + weird blue fire jumps = awesomeness) but i guess there's no chance for him :/

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: June 29, 2010, 06:41:06 PM »

I think we should add the girl from Momodora as a character, provided that the game becomes known in indie circles. She has a good variety of weapons she can use (three as of now, and I expect that number to rise), and also she's the second video game character I know to use a leaf as a weapon.
Apoz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 30, 2010, 04:19:03 AM »

It's the same problem, we've got to wait for the game to be released before deciding anything.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 30, 2010, 07:23:58 AM »

Well yeah. I've been having to rewrite that statement several times so that it didn't seem like I was referring to IB as the game that is finished and known in indie circles.

When Momodora is finished, and if Momodora becomes known in indie circles, then I think the girl should be in Indie Brawl.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 08, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »

I think Derek Yu should be an unlockable character. Or at least the final boss in ADVENTURE mode.

I think we should add the girl from Momodora as a character, provided that the game becomes known in indie circles. She has a good variety of weapons she can use (three as of now, and I expect that number to rise), and also she's the second video game character I know to use a leaf as a weapon.
Also, this.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:45:47 PM by Javet » Logged

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 08, 2010, 05:31:16 PM »

That's kind of an odd idea, he should be a stage.

EDIT:now i want a pokefloats like stage but with various developers in different "poses"(ill let you think about that word yourselves)

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 08, 2010, 05:48:13 PM »

I think I remember a naked picture of Derek holding a laptop in front of his junk. There's an idea.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1056 on: July 08, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »

How disturbing.

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 08, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »

I think I remember a naked picture of Derek holding a laptop in front of his junk. There's an idea.

that's actually what originally came to mind for me

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 09, 2010, 08:20:04 AM »

but a chibi Derek Yu being the announcer was a cool idea. having him in all places will look.... weird  Screamy I'm not voting againts this idea (I think it'll be funny) but too much Derek Yu... I dunno :/

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:54 AM »

you can never, NEVER have too much Derek Yu

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 64
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic