Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 11:56:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 315033 times)
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: May 28, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »

bots first, although it can be hard to win games with bots on your side too, since they plan shit amongst themselves and don't really wait for you. there's a mode that matches you up w/ real people vs bots, too, though.

easiest way to learn is to have a friend who knows how to play let you play with them.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Bandages
« Reply #2761 on: May 28, 2013, 07:05:43 PM »

Bots only teach you how to play with and against bots. If you need to learn the basics,  start with bot games,  but be aware that whenever you choose to go into matchmaking, it will be like a new game
Uykered
« Reply #2762 on: May 28, 2013, 07:16:39 PM »

If you can't get 4 other people, it'd be better to do co-op bot matchmaking. People that play in that mode are usually fairly new as well (and usually more experienced people play the harder difficulty of bots).
PowRTocH
« Reply #2763 on: May 29, 2013, 09:31:22 AM »

You don't need four other people to start playing. Do this:

easiest way to learn is to have a friend who knows how to play let you play with them.

...otherwise just dive in and have fun. Learn from your mistakes and other peoples' mistakes. Also don't take it too seriously.
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: May 29, 2013, 12:22:33 PM »

Thanks everyone. I guess I was just a little worried about ridicule from team mates and such for making mistakes. Learning a game in a totally new genre is much more harrowing than just a new game in a genre you are already comfortable with.

Off to die!

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: May 29, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »

People are generally pretty relaxed towards newbies in the co-op vs bots mode. I know that personally at least, when I see someone feed vs bots I just laugh and enjoy the increased challenge.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2766 on: May 29, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »

Thanks everyone. I guess I was just a little worried about ridicule from team mates and such for making mistakes. Learning a game in a totally new genre is much more harrowing than just a new game in a genre you are already comfortable with.

Off to die!

You do have to have a little bit of a thick skin, but generally if you explain yourself and communicate with your teammates they will be fairly forgiving. For example I had one guy who was calling me "fucking horrible" and all sorts of other shit, eventually I just called him out on his abuse, told him that maybe he should consider giving advice rather than just shouting expletives down the mic; he calmed down, apologised and gave plenty of tips. (it was my first time as Gyro, and my first time in mid lane, I lost the lane to bloodseeker Epileptic but I did learn a lot, including how bloodseeker's ult works)

So yeah, people are actually generally receptive and willing to teach - after all, they just want to play a good game of Dota.

unless they're russian

olücæbelel
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: May 29, 2013, 02:32:39 PM »

but I did learn a lot, including how bloodseeker's ult works)

to be fair, seeing someone new running around with bloodseeker's ult on them is one of the more frustrating things to see

*chorus of angry nerds shout "stop moving!" while nooblord runs in small circles until they die*

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
ink.inc
« Reply #2768 on: May 29, 2013, 02:36:24 PM »

unless they're russian

capitaleest peeg
CVaseTYb!!
« Reply #2769 on: May 30, 2013, 05:15:26 AM »

http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.78

lezz go
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: May 30, 2013, 05:22:27 AM »

Praise the Sun IceFrog!

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2771 on: May 30, 2013, 06:23:35 AM »

those are some really good changes, finally!

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2772 on: May 30, 2013, 06:28:39 AM »

Wait, are these new changes?

EDIT: They are. Why is Icefrog still working on the original? Oh well. Great guy.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
CVaseTYb!!
« Reply #2773 on: May 30, 2013, 06:33:41 AM »

Wait, are these new changes?

EDIT: They are. Why is Icefrog still working on the original? Oh well. Great guy.
youre from china and you ask us why wc3 dota is still updated?
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: May 30, 2013, 07:10:50 AM »

Necrolyte's ulti disabling buyback is without a doubt my favorite part of the patch. It fits in with his lore and gameplay style really well and gives him something that no other hero does or has ever done.

Bandages
« Reply #2775 on: May 30, 2013, 07:51:54 AM »

Kinda confused why they made disruptors nuke take 6 seconds, since glimpse is 4 seconds and now you can't use his nuke to time it anymore

AAs scepter upgrade is WHACK
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:17:24 AM by Castle » Logged
PowRTocH
« Reply #2776 on: May 30, 2013, 12:23:50 PM »

Wait, so how does this work? Icefrog works on the original and the changes happen in Dota 2 too? Idgi.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: May 30, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »

dum

the original's / dota 2's mechanics are exactly the same

so if he changes the original, it's equivalent to changing dota 2

Uykered
« Reply #2778 on: May 30, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »

So many fantastic changes, does anyone know how long it takes usually for these sort of changes to transfer from Dota 1 to Dota 2?
Bandages
« Reply #2779 on: May 30, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »

Probably next week, or they'll wait for 6.78b
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic