Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 02:09:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 906584 times)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7600 on: October 29, 2015, 08:13:36 PM »

yeah drox operative owns

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: October 29, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »

I view Soldak the same way that I view Arcen in that what they're doing with genres is something that other developers who are better at graphics should've caught onto by now.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: October 30, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »

it still a mystery how he cant hire at least some splash art artists
also did anyone played Zombacite?
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: October 30, 2015, 01:55:17 AM »

Naw, it has zombies and I am so off zombies.

I said that Arcen aren't good at graphics but The Last Federation looks alright. It also sounds like it's doing the same thing that Drox is only turn based. How about that, aye.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: October 30, 2015, 02:54:05 AM »

I tried Last Federation but I was put off by the interface. Should probably give it another chance sometime.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7605 on: October 30, 2015, 03:36:27 AM »

I'm not.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: October 30, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »

there were some things that annoyed me about drox operative (namely the drox guild handing out impossible quests that you have to solve or lose the game), so i switched to another soldak game, din's curse. that one is pretty neat too.

i'm thinking of getting zombasite because i keep reading good things about it. apparently it's pretty much all of soldak's previous games rolled into one. it's also definitely their least visually terrible looking gam. zombie theme is meh but so is generic fantasy and space opera.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 11:18:16 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: October 30, 2015, 11:00:44 AM »

There was an update to Armello a couple days ago, if anyone would like to know. They did pacing improvements (basically adjusted animation length across the board), added five more cards (they're all great items, most of them are expensive to play), two more amulets (increase chance of spirit stones; increase AP when respawning) and did some fixes to the netcode.

But the most interesting part of the update is you can now choose some House Rules when you host the game. You can decide how much Body the king will have, you can give each hero extra Body points (if you want an easier game), you can give King's Guards an armor item, and you can increase the Fight stat of Banes. There is a lot more control when deciding what type of game you want to have.

I'm in a Skype group that plays this game all the time. Armello has become a big favorite when it comes to multiplayer among my friends.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: October 30, 2015, 01:27:42 PM »

Armello looks really cool.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: October 30, 2015, 05:18:39 PM »

thing that just happened in din's curse: random vendor started a fight with another npc in town, lost and went renegade. he is now a boss on level 9 of the dungeon. it's also great how boss monsters can gather armies to attack the town or build machines that make dungeons more difficult if they become too powerful. yep, soldak games are great.

the obvious question is tho: why does elder scrolls still not do anything interesting with the "radiant AI" crap when a low budget janky indie game like this can pull off the same thing pretty much perfectly? the bind moggles.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: October 30, 2015, 05:19:52 PM »

oh also i just bought soma. probably gonna play that now.

edit: just started with soma. im afraid probably already know what "the deal" with it is tho, opening with a philip k dick quote and the protagonist getting a brain scan and all that.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:42:52 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7611 on: October 30, 2015, 06:02:01 PM »

Since I want to make a game in the same vein as Secret of Mana, I decided it was time to play the English translation of Secret of Mana 2.

Only a little over an hour in and am impressed with all the details. This might just be the most impressive game on the SNES graphically speaking. Looks like it belongs on PS1! You get to choose between 6 characters, 1 you start with and 2 you ally yourself with. This will make replaying the game interesting. Decided to start with the Thief and currently have the Sorceress and Amazon as my allies.

Nothing too complicated...yet. Can't swing my sword or prepare my charge attack unless I'm in the middle of combat. Plus I can't run at all when an enemy is close. In SoM you could, not here though. And it seems that instead of a charge you have some other attack based on hitting enemies. I just discovered this, it might be different for other characters. TESTING IS REQUIRED!

I'm intrigued to say the least.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: October 30, 2015, 06:23:46 PM »

oh also i just bought soma. probably gonna play that now.

edit: just started with soma. im afraid probably already know what "the deal" with it is tho, opening with a philip k dick quote and the protagonist getting a brain scan and all that.

BTW frictional endorse fnaf in an interview about must play horror game

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: October 30, 2015, 06:27:00 PM »

i am actually only playing soma because someone told me it isn't really horror. and also because it looks like the bioshock setting except that it looks more like a real place and less like art deco fantasy theme park.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: October 30, 2015, 06:28:30 PM »

I'm not pressuring you into fnaf, just saying it's legit from all point of view, it general and not directed at you, you already nope out of this, and even sterling noped lol.

BTW I heard soma's theme are well handled I hope I have your opinion about it!

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: October 30, 2015, 06:33:46 PM »

I've watched Markiplier's whole lets play of SOMA and it is indeed a game worth playing. It's not really a horror game, it just a game that happens to have themes of lingering psychological horror. The actual gameplay is very much just walking around.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7616 on: October 30, 2015, 08:56:51 PM »

SOMA is totally horror, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Not as purely scary as Amnesia, sure, but it's still pretty scary.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: October 31, 2015, 01:57:02 AM »

Since I want to make a game in the same vein as Secret of Mana, I decided it was time to play the English translation of Secret of Mana 2.

Only a little over an hour in and am impressed with all the details. This might just be the most impressive game on the SNES graphically speaking. Looks like it belongs on PS1! You get to choose between 6 characters, 1 you start with and 2 you ally yourself with. This will make replaying the game interesting. Decided to start with the Thief and currently have the Sorceress and Amazon as my allies.

Nothing too complicated...yet. Can't swing my sword or prepare my charge attack unless I'm in the middle of combat. Plus I can't run at all when an enemy is close. In SoM you could, not here though. And it seems that instead of a charge you have some other attack based on hitting enemies. I just discovered this, it might be different for other characters. TESTING IS REQUIRED!

I'm intrigued to say the least.
As far as i remember, charge atacks are gone and now you have some weird systems where your hits fill the gauge so combat is some messy garbage now. Also prepare to get rect cos you didnt chose the healer girl.
LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7618 on: October 31, 2015, 03:24:50 AM »

Yeah I've played more and the charge attacks have been scrapped for a different thing. I only feel comfortable playing as the thief since he does two attacks at once and that meter fills up real fast when he does it. That way I can unleash a good chunk of damage in a short amount of time. Otherwise, combat ain't that interesting compared to the first game where you could set your party members up with different weapons.

The menus are very weird. I wasn't too huge on SoM but the sequels is worse because it's slow and doesn't make a lot of sense when the first game already functioned well enough. Buying/Selling isn't to great. I did recently found that if I hit L/R that I can switch between what I buy for different characters...but they don't auto sell what I have equipped, so I have to buy everything, go unequip/equip, then go back to sell. Yuck. Also didn't know I could use spells for quite a while since I didn't understand the new layout.

I do like the Level up a stat deal when you gain a level and am interested in what the classes your characters evolve into. Though I had to look up what all the stats did sense they were not clear at all.

The only part I had a rough time with was the VERY beginning (because I didn't know it was a fight I had to win + I had 2 HP at the end and couldn't heal so... everything one shots me.) and the bridge segment where I had to fight two robots. That fight would have been VERY easy had I known how to access the spells.

Also...oh boy. Apparently the person I assumed would have the healing spells...doesn't have them. Oh well, I'll just deal with it. So far, games okay. Prequel is better imo.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: October 31, 2015, 03:34:02 AM »

SOMA is totally horror, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Not as purely scary as Amnesia, sure, but it's still pretty scary.

im playing it and so far it doesn't seem very scary to me. seems more like a narrative adventure game that just uses some "horror" tropes. sure it's tense and creepy sometimes but it doesn't seem like the game is purposefully trying to scare you at every turn. i'm liking it a lot tho, great atmosphere and setting, and good writing. too early to say anything about themes. i think i already know what the twist is lol.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic