Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 04:21:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMoon Laser Duo (Fast Compo Project)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Moon Laser Duo (Fast Compo Project)  (Read 1151 times)
ratrogue
Level 0

Bits & Bytes ... Attack!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »

"Moon Laser Duo" is a (very) small game I did for the so called "overnight contest" at the Devmania 2010 (a hobby game developer event), which took place 2nd and 3rd October in Mainz, Germany. The task was to create a game over the night (hence the name); the theme was "moonshine".

I created "Moon Laser Duo", in which you and your partner control two little astronauts who have a laser inbetween them. The closer the astronauts are together, the more effective is the laser. If they are too far apart, the laser vanishes. The goal is to destroy as many aliens with it as possible, as they otherwise would kill you.
The game is controlled via WASD and cursor keys on a split screen.

The graphics were mostly done by Björn Grunewald. The music is "Moon Patrol (v3 Edit)" by Doron Deutsch. The rest, mainly concept and C# scripting, was done by me, Friedrich Hanisch.

You can watch a video  

. The contest version is downloadable here.

I plan to debug and improve it a little bit and then make a page on my website.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:35:29 AM by overhead » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »

Like so many other people have said in threads past, please introduce yourself in the Obligatory Introduce Yourself thread if you're serious about joining this community. We don't take kindly to game spammers around here.

That having been said, welcome to TIGS.

Gentleman
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 12:06:03 AM »

The core idea looks fun, the graphics is nice, I hope it can be the base for a game in the future! Compliments!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic