Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411607 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 10:01:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 783659 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3360 on: June 02, 2014, 07:44:59 AM »

^ shut up forever

there isn't going to be an entire game redesign, dawg. sorry you lost 8 bucks or whatever but this kind of stuff isnt constructive. knock it off.

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3361 on: June 02, 2014, 09:23:05 AM »

@DrDerekDoctors
I'm right there with you! Plus smashy walls, hidden stairs, etc.

@premonster
Rabbit is right, we aren't going to gut Delver and start from scratch. We will certainly make adjustments and tweaks. If you could articulate a point about the issue you have with the current game loop, I'd like to hear your feedback.

CYON4D
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: June 02, 2014, 09:35:38 AM »

It is amazing to see how the project was gradually improved to reach its current stage.
I wish I could try a demo or something before considering the purchase. Do you have any sort of demo version?

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3363 on: June 02, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »

Hurrah! Despite loving this project, it's always seemed a pity that you couldn't make an old-school Underwurldey or Eye Of The Beholdery kinda' experience with it. Smiley Just needs generic "key"/"lock" items and written notes and it's party time!

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
AlphaPlus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: June 02, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »

We're still around. Here's a little preview of new art + tech.

minecraft clone.

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3365 on: June 02, 2014, 11:30:02 AM »

Love the elevator, it helps add height differences! Smiley
What is the minecart going to be used for? :D

Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3366 on: June 03, 2014, 12:31:20 AM »

Hurrah! Despite loving this project, it's always seemed a pity that you couldn't make an old-school Underwurldey or Eye Of The Beholdery kinda' experience with it. Smiley Just needs generic "key"/"lock" items and written notes and it's party time!
I second that. The message/puzzle/key/door game subloop is always a bliss. However I suppose it can be quite hard to implement in a procedurally generated environment. Hope you'll manage/want to go that way.

But with things like what you teased, Delver's (near?) future is quite appealing !  Hand Money Right
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3367 on: June 03, 2014, 03:22:25 AM »

Well, you can also design whole levels for it, cancher? If I were to make a campaign for said game, I'd prolly explicitly design the whole shebang.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
{VeTeR}
Level 0

The Dark Matter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3368 on: June 03, 2014, 04:33:05 AM »

Looks nice, i've bought it Smiley

Good thing will be to show where the 'buttons' are. Im playing on archos gamepad and it will be useful for keymapping.

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3369 on: June 04, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »

I second that. The message/puzzle/key/door game subloop is always a bliss. However I suppose it can be quite hard to implement in a procedurally generated environment. Hope you'll manage/want to go that way.

But with things like what you teased, Delver's (near?) future is quite appealing !  Hand Money Right

It's not impossible in a generated environment, but it's certainly more difficult. In our system we could embed puzzles and stuff in smaller parts of our levels, just not things that span the whole of a generated level.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3370 on: June 04, 2014, 09:46:30 AM »

Lately I've been working on things to let us make more interesting dungeons. So far this includes stuff like a live editor game preview, triggered entity spawners (eg: traps shooting arrows), and moving entities like the elevator in Joshua's gif.

On the game side we upgraded the traps, Joshua's trying out a new cave theme, and I've been trying out a procedural note system to place bits of backstory into the dungeons.

Procedurally placed story stuff:

Live game preview mode in the editor:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:18:32 AM by Interrupt » Logged
PeteHuf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3371 on: June 04, 2014, 10:41:46 AM »

The generated story stuff looks cool, if a bit mad-libs. Will notes left around reference each other? Was there a note earlier about eating boots?

Biodrome Devlog! Competitive exploration in procedural platformer adventure worlds.
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3372 on: June 04, 2014, 10:49:40 AM »

Lately I've been working on things to let us make more interesting dungeons. So far this includes stuff like a live editor game preview, triggered entity spawners (eg: traps shooting arrows), and moving entities like the elevator in Joshua's gif.

On the game side we upgraded the traps, Joshua's trying out a new cave theme, and I've been trying out a procedural note system to place bits of backstory into the dungeons.

Procedurally placed story stuff:

Paged...

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3373 on: June 04, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »

The generated story stuff looks cool, if a bit mad-libs. Will notes left around reference each other? Was there a note earlier about eating boots?

All of the notes will be predefined but doled out to the player in no particular order. Each should hopefully contain just enough information on their own to be interesting, as well as contributing towards the bigger story about what's going on.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3374 on: June 04, 2014, 03:40:04 PM »

In editor game preview mode?  Hand Thumbs Up Right

AlphaPlus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3375 on: June 05, 2014, 07:37:10 AM »

All of the notes will be predefined but doled out to the player in no particular order. Each should hopefully contain just enough information on their own to be interesting, as well as contributing towards the bigger story about what's going on.

Story is good. Tongue

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
ArsenioDev
Level 0

Pic Y u no change?

View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: June 05, 2014, 09:30:35 AM »

N THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D im feeling the major hype for this now! :D

Whats this do? *presses button* oops.....there goes the rockets.....
Pokepokemans5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: June 07, 2014, 03:45:53 AM »

Will it be possible to change the stats/items in this mode?

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3378 on: June 16, 2014, 08:19:47 AM »

Fun stuff is incoming...

michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3379 on: June 16, 2014, 08:43:15 AM »

That looks amazing, I look forward to it!!

Could you.. maybe.. please look into PS3/4 controller support? (android)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 02:28:14 PM by Shimmergloom » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic