Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411597 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 10:39:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS CRAZY RUMOURS
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS CRAZY RUMOURS  (Read 5695 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »

No way they would buy out Valve.  I don't think Valve would let them.

On a side note, if Valve does get out, I'll see all of you in my underground anti-Apocalypse bunker.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »

Valve already said it was false.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »

pretty soon, google is going to have all new features, like:

Google Surveillance!  Be able to see your friends at all times.

Google Thinking!  Helpful, fun electrodes hooked up to your scalp track your thoughts, which immediately become viewable by anyone on this great new Google social network!  (If you're using Google Surveillance, too, which you are, then your thoughts appear above your head in a cute little thought bubble!)  Don't worry about nasty old intellectual property anymore!  Google will take care of it for you!

Google Houses!  Google will give everyone a house of their very own!  Also, these houses come pre-equipped with Google Surveillance and a wireless version of Google Thinking, so people can see you and what you're thinking at all times!  Fun!!!

Google Television!  Google will broadcast on the television now!  Everything you need to know and nothing more.

Google Books (Beta)!  Google will publish all the books you'd ever want!  All the books, period, actually!  This way, you can stay informed on fun new things to do with Google without the annoyance of thinking!  (Note:  this program incorporates a brand new social network we're calling Google Inferno!  See how many books you can burn!  Can you get the High Score?!?!?!)

Google Happy Laser!  Google is sending a satellite into space that will be able to project an image of a smiley face onto Earth, using laser technology!  Also, this cool laser will be able to burn through things like buildings!  And people!  Fun!!!

Jobs at Google!  Google is now accepting jobs!  Would you like to work long hours with virtually no pay?  Yes.  But at Google Jobs, you won't have to!!  You won't even need to worry about pay!  We'll pay you in Google Points, which you can exchange for all new Google Products!  You will still need to work long hours though.  But!  Do you wanna do fun stuff at your job, like.. putting bearings onto axles, and (the perennial favorite) filling out super paperwork?!  I know you do!!  So sign up today!  Sign up.  Do it now.  Go.

Wink

google doesn't seem draconian at all, now.  i hope they stay within reason and fairly nice as a company, which they have seemed to do so far and i applaud them for it.  i just hope the above never happens.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 08:47:24 PM »

Yes, 'tis but a rumor, nothing more.

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 09:26:47 PM »

google propaganda

:D
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 11:06:12 PM »

Google is scarily "too clean".
And what the hell is up with this "Do no evil?" What about GoogleUpdate.exe that RAN ON STARTUP on my machine after I installed Lively? I had to msconfig it outta there. That's evil and Google is evil precisely because everyone thinks they are good. Their clean, cool webpage reflects this as well. Oh, sure, it's all conveniance until google starts censoring your website. And then your identity..

(p.s. anyone read about the rumours that the CIA backed a data-mining corp to create facebook? And Derek Yu is actually a giant panda?)

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 01:25:44 AM »

It's not true. I... don't have the link anymore but it was some MTV multiplayer thing, they asked a Valve representative and they said it's false.
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 02:12:11 AM »

It's not true. I... don't have the link anymore but it was some MTV multiplayer thing, they asked a Valve representative and they said it's false.

yeah, kotaku asked one of the valve guys who killed the rumour. http://kotaku.com/5051164/valve-kills-google-buy+out-rumor

i bet it was nice for their stock though
Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 03:57:04 AM »

I personally don't hold much stock in such rumours - I wonder how the two companies stack up together financially, indeed.
[...]

If you judge by the 2007 revenue given on Wikipedia, Valve (70 million US$) is a mere bacteria compared to Google (16.593 billion US$). Even compared to EA (4 billion US$) it is quite small.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Corporation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts

I may be wrong but Valve seems to be mostly focused on the US market. It's much less of a global player than EA or even Google.

As for the validity of the rumor ... we'll never know until Valve will have been bought by anyone. It's not as if a marketing manager was a trustworthy source. If it helps during negotiations, he'll insist that Santa is real and the Tooth Fairy is coming for dinner Wink
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 12:00:57 PM »

And Derek Yu is actually a giant panda?

i thought everyone knew this already.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic