Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411831 Posts in 69417 Topics- by 58463 Members - Latest Member: majigames

May 31, 2024, 04:48:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSweet Dreams!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Sweet Dreams!  (Read 3611 times)
Powergloved Andy
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:09:26 AM »

I just woke up awhile ago and while I was resting my weary head in bed, I had a dream about the C64 Impossible Mission game, complete with  Impossible Mission chiptune. It was by far one of the coolest dreams I've had in awhile.  :D

I'm assuming that most people here have dreams about video games from time to time! So tell me, what's your most favorite dream you've had including a video game? Cheers  Beer!
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 02:41:31 AM »

My favourite game dream was kind of confusing and hard to explain... it was like Assassin's Creed but you couldn't die, and that was part of the gameplay.

The other games I've dreamed about most are Rayman 2 and Indiana Jones, both of which I played when I was very young.

Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 02:45:54 AM »

I had a dream about Resident Evil 2 once.  Running around Raccoon City, fighting zombies, etc.  But it was like...Super Mario Bros. 3.  Combine those two.

Zombie goombas, piranha plants...

Yeah I don't know.   Undecided

I have tons of dreams about games, this being one of the weirder ones.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 03:19:52 AM »

After I started playing Dwarf Fortress, I would see ASCII faces moving about.

While I was awake.

WTF

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 06:16:44 AM »

When I was younger I used to dream that videogames had some sort of taste (that you felt in your tongue as you played it), but most of them tasted horrible, like those plastic tubes with horrible smell.

I have also dreamed that the largest mall in this city was infested with re 1 zombies, but they were god damned fast, and could kick your arse in seconds.

Most of my dreams aren't game-related alas. Sad

EvilASh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 06:50:22 AM »

After seeing "Hellraiser: Inferno" I had a dream where Pinhead was chasing me in a point n' click mist clone where I could have a 360 horizontal scrolling view and movement was executed by fading static pictures. In the end I guess I wasn't clicking fast enough and he got to me. Then I woke up.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 08:48:25 AM »

Dwarf Fortress is weird. It really is like the matrix. Once you pierce the veil, you can see... everything. And it's beautiful Tears of Joy!
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 10:19:28 AM »

While I was awake.

WTF

Tetris does that to me.  Only with Tetris blocks, not ASCII.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 11:07:56 AM »

When I was like... 8 or so, I had two dreams with Doom II, each one repeated two or three time. In one Iwas attacked with some kind of plasma vortex, and in the other I was in god mode, about to BGF a mob or imps, but when I turn they are a wall, and crush, even though I was in god mode.

Dwarf Fortress is weird. It really is like the matrix. Once you pierce the veil, you can see... everything. And it's beautiful Tears of Joy!

Just yesterday I started a seaside fortress, with the waves, the rocky beach with cliffs... and it's beatiful. Who needs an actual beach, when you can see this?

Renton
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »

I once had a dream where Boromir (Sean Bean one), Shaft (Sam Jackson one) and I were hanging out. Same dream involved a Strider and God (who surprisingly looked like Peter Molyneux) and some SotC-like segments.
Cagey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 04:38:17 PM »

While I was awake.

WTF

Man I am the same. Then I would see what block was coming next and would try and set it up for a tetris, and soon enough I was playing tetris in my mind WTF

Gnarf
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »

Space Giraffe does wonderful things do fragile minds Smiley
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 05:35:08 PM »

Man I am the same. Then I would see what block was coming next and would try and set it up for a tetris, and soon enough I was playing tetris in my mind WTF
goodness gracious, that makes three of us!
I once dreamt I knew how to code and was an awesome artist, and I was on display in a museum making the greatest game ever. Finally, I finished it and it was put on display on a huge flatscreen TV in the museum, and just as I was about to play it completed for the first time, it crashed, and I woke up.

When I was wee, I had this recurring nightmare about being chased by pac-man ghosts through the windows 3d maze screensaver. It was terrifying. Last time I had that dream, I escaped the maze and exited the building into a field of rolling green hills and blue skies.

More recently, I dreamt that I went into a haunted house with some friends of mine and we ended up in Resident Evil 4. We were kids when we entered, but quickly grew up and got body armor and lots of guns in one of those dream-type tangents. Our mission was to escape the house (which turned into a factory the further we went) by making it to a helipad at the center of the complex. My friends all died off one by one until it was just me and this other guy and my brother. The other guy ran off and got eaten by zombies when we made it to the helipad, and the helicopter crashed and landed on my brother. So it was just me, and I had to find another way out. After a little more exploring I found a door, opened it up, and entered a huge room with a giant dragon on the other side, and ghosts and zombies running all around. There was a chest nearby. I opened it and held its contents above my head: A Bazooka! The bazooka floated above my hands for a moment while I decided what to do with it. In case it's not evident, I was Link, now. Another helicopter was flying overhead (I don't know where the ceiling of the room went) waiting to lift me to safety. But I knew what I had to do first. I took my automatic pistol and gunned down a few zombies, sliced through the ghostly apparitions with my mighty Master Sword, until I had a clear shot at the Dragon. I aimed the bazooka and let 'er rip. Fshhoooow...BrRaAkKkKkOwWwW!!!! The chopper sent down a ladder which I grabbed onto just in the nick of time, as the haunted house/factory collapsed all around me. The dream ended with a shot of me, as Link, with a bazooka in one hand, holding a rope ladder, being choplifted out of there, surrounded by zombies and ghosts being engulfed in flames from the explosion, and the disembodied head of the dragon roaring in pain. There were some monsters from Doom in there too.

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 05:36:24 PM »

When Metroid Prime first came out, I played it for an entire Saturday.

That night I dreamt of it, though I don't remember many details.  When my alarm clock started ringing, it was the low health warning in my dream though :D

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »

Last year me and my cousin finished Soul Calibur 3 about ten or fifteen times (not sure) in two days.

ALL of my dreams were about Soul Calibur 3 for the next week or so. IT WAS HORRIBLE.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 05:39:28 PM »

:D

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 05:41:48 PM »

I can't wait to see Smithy's post.

the helicopter crashed
A Bazooka!
the haunted house/factory collapsed
Sounds Resident Evil, alright.
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 12:16:27 AM »

I've had several dreams of Counter-Strike, Battlefield 2 and Team Fortress 2.

My dreams can sometimes be very strange, but oddly, those are the only games I've seen dreams of. Perhaps because they're first-person shooters, it's easier to imagine yourself in it...
diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 12:24:13 AM »

My dreams are usually influenced by video games and oddly, the art of M.C. Escher. Impossible geometry, completely surrealistic and often having zombies everywhere. :D

I also had a reoccurring nightmare about being chased by a Doom pinky demon down a hall.

The weirdest dream that I can remember involved running around in my old elementary school, being chased by zombies and talking to a tribe of World of Warcraft orcs, in an old Team Fortress (Quake 1, yo) map with cliffs, and ending with a nuclear explosion, moments before the zombies bashed through the bathroom door.

Dreams are awesome.
Tobasco Panda
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 01:29:08 PM »

After playing the import version of DDR waaaay back before it came out in the states for about 4 hours straight I had dreams for weeks about it. They would start out with arrows falling then become an impossible stream of arrows pretty quickly. I actually woke up in a cold sweat from one of those!

Jet Set Radio also saturated my vision for a while so when driving down the freeway or walking along the street I kept looking at things and thinking "hm... I bet I could totally GRIND that... then jump over to there... spray that thing. The end of that powerline is going to be a problem, maybe I can hop off and ride the curb for a while..."

I think the WEIRDEST dreams though, are not of games themselves, but dreams of LEVEL EDITORS!!! I remember having dreams of working in just about every level editor I've ever worked with.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic