Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411634 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 02:08:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall"AOOFAD/Au Sable" Now Done!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: "AOOFAD/Au Sable" Now Done!  (Read 179219 times)
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2009, 04:36:35 PM »

The lack of multimonitor support kills it for me.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Fuzz
« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »

The game was just brilliant. A couple of times the game slowed down a lot, but it didn't seem to matter. The little vignettes really flowed together to create a vivid picture of... something. I don't know what that something was, although I could see the references to the Au Sable myth. You've definitely become a better game designer in the period between the releases of AOOFAD and Au Sable, but I wouldn't say that one is better than the other. The two games complement each other, sort of like the flip sides of a coin. AOOFAD is distinctly masculine, while Au Sable seems to evoke a feminine feel. The difference between the two weapons was really effective, going from a gun that the player can't easily control to an extremely powerful machine gun. The one little problem I noticed was in the section where one of the red eyes was protected by a serpentine creature. It was far too difficult to access the eye. Otherwise, the difficulty was perfect.

It was a strange little surprise to find myself in the credits. For what, I'm not sure.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2009, 05:00:24 PM »

The lack of multimonitor support kills it for me.

eh?

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »

I have three monitors, when I move the mouse left and click to fire, MSN messenger gets focus, when I move the mouse right and click to fire, Firefox gets focus.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2009, 08:50:17 PM »

hmm.. F4 will fullscreen/window the game, but I'm afraid I don't know enough programming yet to tell the mouse to stay "captured" in the game window Sad  I'm sorry Eric
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2009, 09:21:39 PM »

Oh shit, sounds like it's time to boot into Windows.

P.S. the link to AOOFAD in the first post is brokenish. It's a "mailto:" link for some reason.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »

hmm.. F4 will fullscreen/window the game, but I'm afraid I don't know enough programming yet to tell the mouse to stay "captured" in the game window Sad  I'm sorry Eric

I don't know exactly what you are creating this in, but most high level stuff such as flash, multimedia fusion etc have extras that can do stuff like setting the mouse position. Have you tried searching for it, simple functions like that are most often free to download! Then all you have to do is to check if the mouse is outside the window, if is, move it in again.

Also, awsome work on au sable! The last bossfight was epic dammit!
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2009, 11:34:40 PM »

Im using Gm 6.1  I ran across a "cursor capture" tutorial a bit ago, but the lingo is a bit hard for me to figure out how to fit into what I already have working.

Oh, FYI: There are 2 ways to end it

also, an Art Book and nice CD package with Bonus goodies+ AOOFAD is coming for interested individuals
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2009, 12:35:22 AM »

Im using Gm 6.1  I ran across a "cursor capture" tutorial a bit ago, but the lingo is a bit hard for me to figure out how to fit into what I already have working.
There's a display_mouse_set(x,y) function...

Gonna have to try this game when I get home Smiley
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2009, 05:50:07 AM »

Great game again. I liked AOOFAD's bleak environment more but I guess that is just personal preference. The shooting with the shotgun was kinda annoying. As long as you have the fast firing gun as in AOOFAD you don't have a problem to see where the gun ist pointing but with the slow firing rate of the shotgun it was really hard to remember where it was pointing or where the mouse cursor would be. A rectangle at the cursors position would be nice.
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2009, 05:51:53 AM »

I did enjoy it for the time I played it though! I got to the chase scene.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
ViciousReiven
Level 0

Schadenfreude

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2009, 08:31:59 AM »

noting something someone else said, the shotgun is purposely without a reticule right, but does the other weapon(s) have one?
Oh and thanks for getting it to run on Vista ^_^

deathtotheweird
« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2009, 08:43:02 AM »

noting something someone else said, the shotgun is purposely without a reticule right, but does the other weapon(s) have one?
Oh and thanks for getting it to run on Vista ^_^

nope they dont.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: October 27, 2009, 12:52:38 PM »

psst, the spolier tips in the readme have a clue for people struggling w/ aiming.   Evil
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 27, 2009, 01:09:44 PM »

psst, the spolier tips in the readme have a clue for people struggling w/ aiming.   Evil
Aah, good to know it was on purpose.  Tongue
TheDustin
« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2009, 04:39:58 PM »

I have to ask, have you played the Japanese-only PS1 title LSD? I found some segments (I won't spoil them) reminiscent of it's darker elements. At least that's the vibes I picked up from my first ten minutes of playing and whatnot. I'm just about to dive into it foh realz and I can't wait.

And that music? It's like drone doom band Earth made a chiptune album. It conveys the same sense of foreboding and enveloping...you get the idea. Good stuff!  Beer!
Fuzz
« Reply #276 on: October 27, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »

also, an Art Book and nice CD package with Bonus goodies+ AOOFAD is coming for interested individuals
how's this coming along?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 27, 2009, 06:46:20 PM »

Nice stuff you got here. Feels a bit more powerful than AOOFAD, and more enjoyable. And creepy. Grin

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: October 27, 2009, 08:03:46 PM »

how's this coming along?

The book's coming along well.  I'm digging through all my sketches, concepts, and un-used sprites to make something that's cool to look through.  Maybe include some kind of interesting clue/riddle in it.

The special CD package is going to be put up in a couple weeks.  I'm going to try fixing some stuff here and there in the game, upload a patched version to address as many problems as I'm able to solve.  That'll be the version that ends up on the disc.

At the moment I'm starting something small, new, and cute.  Just experimenting.
ViciousReiven
Level 0

Schadenfreude

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2009, 07:27:57 AM »

I have to ask, have you played the Japanese-only PS1 title LSD? I found some segments (I won't spoil them) reminiscent of it's darker elements. At least that's the vibes I picked up from my first ten minutes of playing and whatnot. I'm just about to dive into it foh realz and I can't wait.

And that music? It's like drone doom band Earth made a chiptune album. It conveys the same sense of foreboding and enveloping...you get the idea. Good stuff!  Beer!

If you or anyone else wishes to see a lot of the wonders of LSD allow me to point you to this playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MikeNnemonic#g/c/C27A11B97FF7EE1F
Mike has pretty much the most info available on the game including the 2 soundtracks, a special book, and a labled map (by moi).

anyway I'll look up the thing to help with aim...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic