Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411551 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: spitcards

May 03, 2024, 08:14:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMusic Fall(BETA)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Music Fall(BETA)  (Read 1056 times)
geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2010, 05:49:37 AM »

Hey,

So I made another topic for my game since I've added quite a bit of...stuff to it since then.

The premise:
You're a simple catcherthing on wheels, trying to catch balls that fall in sync to the music. All simple and easy, right? The main challenge lasts in the last song--if War Twat were to compose music, this would be that song. This will be the song you'll be sending your replays of to friends, as they laugh at your AWFUL, AWFUL SKILLS.

Features:
-Five different songs to play to
-Achievements!
-Easy to pick up, hard to master.
-An awesome replay system. You can share a link to your friends that will share a replay of what you did during that song!*

*In order to keep the link down to a paste-able size, it will only show when and where you HIT something--not your actual movements. Also, this pseudo-replay system isn't in yet--the replay links are very large at the moment, since it actually DOES record your movements. I will implement the new system soon.

Go play it Here!

That art style is NOT final. Here's a preview of the upcoming art style:

I need feedback!
Pepwuper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:19:32 AM »

I like the concept and the "feel" - which I think is very important in music games. You want the player to feel like they are playing the music, and this game did that for me. I wish there are more things you can do besides moving left and right, maybe some sort of power-ups or additional goals to achieve.

great work!

geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:28:41 AM »

Thanks. Here's an image of the new art style:

Note that the notes only collide with the center catcher, so it's not easier, if anything it's harder.
Toeofdoom
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 06:16:19 AM »

Seems like a decent start and it's a solid game but it doesn't really seem to do anything new. What would've been really nice is if the gameplay changed for different types of music. Specifically when it got to the bass heavy part in the first song, it would've been great if say, the "notes" turned into "cluster bombs" (each big one sprays a bunch of small ones to catch or something). Or maybe bass could shake your screen if you manage to hit it. Touches like that would make it pretty cool. I also like the new art style based on the screenshots, have to see how that looks in game. Smiley

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 10:56:08 AM »

Hi there! That's quite a nice music game you have there Smiley

Criticism:
- Like Toeofdoom said, it doesn't really add something new.
- I'm not sure if you can really beat Chaoz Airflow. Can you? It seems to be a wild rush-with-the-mouse-left-and-right.
- I'm not sure if a replay feature is that exciting. I mean, playing the game is fun because you are the one steering this catcherthingy, but I don't think I would enjoy watching someone else playing it.

Good things:
+ It has a low entry barrier. Didn't need the tutorial.
+ I like the music very much! I'm listening to the tracks on Newgrounds right now Smiley
+ The synching is well done.
+ It has a nice feel to it. And the upcoming glow effects will add a lot to it, I guess. (By the way, if you don't mind a technical question, how will you do them? I'm very bad at visual effects.)

All in all, it was fun playing. Thanks!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic