Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 06:15:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRed Rogue
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 69
Print
Author Topic: Red Rogue  (Read 238412 times)
st33d
« Reply #1220 on: October 06, 2012, 02:03:20 AM »

There's only one save. You will however get a different save if you're visiting www.redrogue.net as opposed to redrogue.net. Flash puts the save file in a place based on the url it perceives the swf to be at. This would also have an effect on a downloadable version if you moved the exe to a different place on your machine.

I'd like to get the editor to be able to save and load the state out to a file but I've mixed json with xml in the save data and the xml is unfortunately invisible to the json parser. Ideally I should drop xml, but all current saves are stored in xml and I would have to reinvent how the data is stored. With xml I can bolt on extra properties to objects, the syntax is a bit different for json.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 06, 2012, 08:42:34 PM »

Eh it's only effecting me and it's not that much of a big deal anyway.
st33d
« Reply #1222 on: October 07, 2012, 05:07:06 AM »

uploaded a build with a fix for the husband event activating without the minion present
added multiplayer jump option
added torches to the dungeons zone
st33d
« Reply #1223 on: October 09, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »

Update 450

quest menu now updates when yendor is picked up
there is now an epilogue when you complete the game (one of three randomly generated depending on what you did with yendor)
fixed a bug where chests would not spawn, making it impossible to 100% a level
fixed camera panning down during quickening

We have now entered "bug fixing and polish", my to-do list is bugs and nothing else.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 09, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »

found something odd, you can't pick up the cog at the end of the game.

oh well Shrug
edit: On my second play through I found this nice easteregg on level 5 

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:58:05 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
st33d
« Reply #1225 on: October 09, 2012, 11:51:24 PM »

You cannot pick up the god Rng.

That second thing looks like a bug. Unless you were wearing invisible armour and it glitched out the gif recorder.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 10, 2012, 12:36:11 AM »

That second thing looks like a bug. Unless you were wearing invisible armour and it glitched out the gif recorder.
Actually I think he died.
Nom'd by something.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:55 AM »

Actually I think he died.
Nom'd by something.

st33d
« Reply #1228 on: October 10, 2012, 10:07:11 AM »

Ah, some of the chuck.dfwk.ru comments are gold:

Translated: "The new release, now seems to be walking through. Strange inscription in the comments: Death is now trading at Yendor, do not take it to the next world, if you can not jump. Cock in my ass if I do not try to do it."

Shout out to those guys for spotting the game-breaker with Death, Yendor and no minion. If he hasn't already reset his game then it actually does a constant check now during the event to see if the minion is alive and cancels the event if he isn't.
st33d
« Reply #1229 on: October 10, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »

Uploaded a fix for the protection rune bug. Basically protection reflected missiles were totally broken. Also characters will now get bored of chasing someone who is no longer in sight - this solves characters spazzing out because they can't reach an enemy, but it may cause some other issues. Let me know if it does.

Going to try to come up with some graphical status effects for protection and thorns - not really fair that the game doesn't telegraph either.
Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: October 11, 2012, 12:41:00 AM »

Last build had kinda strange AI bug. I could get a horde of cactuars to surround Forchan, and somehow, they just got stuck there against a wall staring at it. After that I could just backstab them one by one. Not sure if that's not possible since you've tweaked AI this build.

st33d
« Reply #1231 on: October 11, 2012, 12:46:10 AM »

There's an option to render the inner workings of the AI in the editor. It shows you who monsters are chasing and what paths they're trying to use. If it happens again and you could take a screenshot I'd be very grateful.

I don't think the time-out on chasing a target would prevent the situation you described. It seems like there must have been a bigger problem. Thanks for letting me know.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 11, 2012, 01:07:32 AM »

Is it, uh, intentional that you can fire your weapon while sleeping?

st33d
« Reply #1233 on: October 11, 2012, 01:14:50 AM »

Nope. Thanks for letting me know - I'll set it to wake you up.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 11, 2012, 01:50:59 AM »

So is @'s name pronounced "At" or "Astricks", or something foreign like "Arobase" or "Arroba", or perhaps something odd like "Asperand" or "Ampersat"?
(Holy crap Chrome knows none of those words)

Also, this seems a little oddly worded. (Found it as a wall rune)
"I'm good with a throwing knife me"

st33d
« Reply #1235 on: October 11, 2012, 02:04:45 AM »

At.

The back-story is that for his success in the Dungeons of Doom he was named after a rune which inferred the ability to be, "in the right place at the right time."
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 11, 2012, 02:17:31 AM »

Nope. Thanks for letting me know - I'll set it to wake you up.
darn I thought you left it intentionally, right around the time I shown you the moving Tent glitch. Thought the idea of Red firing shots out before falling asleep seem like a character trait the player would find out. It doesn't really effect gameplay that much since you can only fire in one direction and the pitch darkness will make it hard to see where your firing any way.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 11, 2012, 06:45:20 AM »

So is @'s name pronounced "At" or "Astricks", or something foreign like "Arobase" or "Arroba", or perhaps something odd like "Asperand" or "Ampersat"?
(Holy crap Chrome knows none of those words)

Arobase is French, arroba is Spanish, and asperand/ampersat are neologisms. Add French/Spanish/UrbanDictionary languages to your browser's dictionary settings.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 11, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »

I should be able to do more than pick up the god Rng...

I wonder what version 451 is... Oh and you can kill rats with a well aim shot. Though this just another neat trick to do in the game than horrible bug that needs to be remove or people will give it a bad review.
st33d
« Reply #1239 on: October 11, 2012, 11:50:50 PM »

Nice.

I think I managed to block an arrow by throwing a knife the other night. I think that's perfectly acceptable though. Right?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 69
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic