Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411642 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 05:54:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWhat am I worth?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What am I worth?  (Read 2535 times)
mscottweber
Level 1

Composer/Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 03:35:12 AM »

then why not just charge that and see if anyone is interested? if not, you can always lower the price later

That^

Who cares what other composers think about your music?  We aren't the ones who are going to hire you. 

Pick a number and see if it sticks. 

Its not just about what your music is worth, its what your services, and your reputation, and your brand, etc. are worth.  We can't tell you what that is worth.

MD9
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 09:27:05 AM »

then why not just charge that and see if anyone is interested? if not, you can always lower the price later

I suppose I will, I just wanted to get a feel for if this is reasonable. How would I know if I am not getting any bites because my rate is too high or because I am just not advertising in the right way?

Yeah I suppose the budget can affect things, but that was part of the question. I expect that the the more skill you have the bigger budget jobs you can get which equals more $/minute.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »

i think price is mostly reputation rather than skill. most non-musicians can't accurately judge whether a song is skillful or not, just whether they like it. but they can judge whether that musician is famous or not

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic