Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 02:15:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat does your handle mean?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: What does your handle mean?  (Read 16930 times)
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 09:17:42 AM »

My girlfriend, who worked in a pet store at the time, told me that fish were by far the most vicious, foul tempered, animal she had to deal with. So I changed all my gaming handles to "Death fish Mark 4". Typing that name in to a forum login screen takes too long so I shortened it to "fish".

I have owned tons of fish nor do I plan on getting one.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 09:32:17 AM »

My girlfriend, who worked in a pet store at the time, told me that fish were by far the most vicious, foul tempered, animal she had to deal with. So I changed all my gaming handles to "Death fish Mark 4". Typing that name in to a forum login screen takes too long so I shortened it to "fish".

So, where does the doomerang come in?
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 09:45:44 AM »

These days. Lips Sealed

THE STARS AIN'T OUT OF REACH

YEAH

Kinten
Gentleman Scholar
Level 3

You be suspicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 10:29:16 AM »

Well, my real name is Fonzie McAwesome, so Kinten was the obvious chocie.

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 10:29:42 AM »

Any of the following

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
StephenAnthony
Level 0

BAD LUCK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 10:30:22 AM »

Well, mine's my name.

I am, however, more commonly known as "Badluck", which is a handle I came up with like.... 8 years ago. Unfortunately, a few years later, I started getting into game making and the name stuck. I always claim that I made it up to be contrary, like I'm making fun of the notion of "bad luck", but I really just made it up in my EMO PHASE. How embarassing.

Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 10:42:03 AM »

Just a random name out of my old history book, apparently Massena was the name of a general who tried to conquer Portugal and failed miserably.

What's up with that sentence? Did you forget your negative?

edit: I didn't read hamster's post! :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:33:03 PM by Massena » Logged

Corpus
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 10:43:49 AM »

Whelp. In the summer that I was 12, I used to play Runescape Classic with my friend. We started a clan called The Corporation, imaginatively. At the end of that summer, I got into Flash (well, AS) programming, and chose coRp as my alias to be used in Flashings. Corporation -> coRp. I'm sure you've got it.

Anyway, I used coRp (and clever variants such as corp and corpdon) for a couple of years, then got FFXI (the MMORPG) and changed my name to Corpus to make it more.. RPG-ish.

The next day, I remembered that it was a Latin word, not just a word I'd made up. I've also used Corvus (for Guild Wars), which, IIRC, I have since discovered to be a scientific term. Bah!

EDIT: Massena. Dude.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 11:13:44 AM »

Reclycling it from my pixelation post some time ago:

My username is a classy portmanteau of Alice and Leviathan (shortened to Levi)

I used to be known as leviathan back when the internet became aware of my own self (and my hotmail account is leviathan_000, because _666 was not available). Then, every fucker on earth thought I was some other idiot who used Leviathan as its name as well (let alone everyone spelled it wrong for some reason, like leviathon and crap like that), so I wanted a change. In almost every forum, everyone addressed me as Levi (maybe 'cause I was a fan of Levi's jeans as well :p), so I mixed it up with the name of a girl I used to like.

I also undergo on the names of MisterJones, MonseiurSirhan, and May7th.

MisterJones was kind of my secret identity on random forums when I wanted to post as if I was some other guy different than Leviathan (kind of lame, but hey, I was young). Eventually it became the handle I use on every emulation related forum, for not reason at all. The name derived from a time when I was uber computer-iliterate and myself and my brother wnet looking for computing courses. In one of the places we went asking for information, the guy asked for our names. My last name's Yunes (from proud arab heritage!), but the idiot wrote it as Jones - I corrected him; however, wehn he asked my brother's, he put Jones again. I lol'ed on the inside, and end up being a funny way to address myself at times on real life when I am bored, for it is generic enough (despite living on a country where it actually is not generic).

Sirhan is the last name my grandgrandfather wore, and it kind of sounded cool when mixed with the french of mister.

May7th is my birthday!

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »

The story behind Smithy is a long and complicated one.

See, people used to call me Lorax. It was my awesome, awesome nickname..

And then one day, a drunk girl started calling me "Lorrett." Somehow, I guess she thought I was some guy named "Lorrett" that she really liked.

I thought that was pretty cool. And so, whenever I needed a pseudonym, I was Lorrett. At first I started using it as my Gmail name, to hide my identity while I spam a massive database of other people's email addresses with penis enlargement advertisements. From there, it was quick to become my interwebs handle.

But then it occurred to me that Lorrett sounds too much like a last name, and that if I was going to be Mr. Lorrett, I would need a first name.

Smithy was the first name that popped into my head.

And there you have it. The origins of Smithy Lorrett.

Actually, I just made that entire thing up.

But still, it was pretty awesome, right?

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 11:39:07 AM »

Well, my real name is Fonzie McAwesome

You're that Fonzie McAwesome? Shocked

I knew it, I knew it! Can I have an autograph?
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 11:44:20 AM »

Any of the following

And then the TIGS Master looked at the children and said, "Sometimes, a crappy image enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software can reveal more to a man about his life than a million skies altogether.", and then he vanished in a puff of smoke, never to be seen again.

Corpus
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 12:02:42 PM »

You turned happycat into toastie-junkie-cat :D
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 12:10:46 PM »

It's my first name and then a mysterious letter that may or may not be to do with my surname Huh?

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »

I had somehow completely forgotten about this game. I used to make frequent references to "this is not enough golds" quite often, a few years back.

Mine comes from being pressured to come up with a name for a forum quickly about... eight or nine years ago.

A few friends of mine had written this musical which was mildly successful in these parts, and it contained a scene where a character, berated by a number of people, could only think to respond with the non sequitur, "I... I like frozen peas." I couldn't fit "I Like Frozen Peas" in the name box, so I switched it to Cake.

On occasion I've been known to use The Hitman, from my high school nickname, Chris "The Hitman" Whitman (yes, like the professional wrestler, because I am a skinny, skinny man), but it sounds kind of stupid if no one around is in on the joke.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Kinten
Gentleman Scholar
Level 3

You be suspicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »

I like I Like Cake...

Will you be my valentine?  Embarrassed

Actually I had a similar nick for another forum, something like "I Like Sticky Cake", sticky cake being a direct translation of Kladdkaka, which is a sort of chocolate cake. There. Now you know.

Still, valentine... ?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:56:33 PM by Kinten » Logged

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »

Or maybe I should have been Paget.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2008, 02:19:18 PM »

Rinku = Japanese word for Link, my friend Komera suggested I use it as a username because we both liked the Zelda games.

+

Hero = I co-founded a group of folks with the goal of saving the world through the arts, for a time we all used "Hero" as a suffix in our user names; there were HarlockHero, NovaHero, RinkuHero, etc.

Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2008, 02:21:30 PM »

Rinku = Japanese word for Link, my friend Komera suggested I use it as a username because we both liked the Zelda games.

+

Hero = I co-founded a group of folks with the goal of saving the world through the arts, for a time we all used "Hero" as a suffix in our user names; there were HarlockHero, NovaHero, RinkuHero, etc.

You were quite an ambitious bunch, weren't you?  :D

Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »

I used to be a very pretty man.

I got a haircut a few years ago though, so now I'm just hawt.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic