Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 04:38:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeCOLLABORATION
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: COLLABORATION  (Read 82358 times)
commathe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2008, 04:44:11 AM »

I guess that would be wise. Thanks for your help!
Corpus
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2008, 08:48:54 AM »

project 2: Huh?
this project needs a guy to make a 2d platforming engine.
simple game.
would use lots of different art style from lots of different artists.

Are you looking from artists for this, or are they all already decided?

A 2D platforming engine is also a thing I can do.
increpare
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »

EDIT: Total n00b question, but is there a possibility what I proram in max/msp could be imported into game code anyway and I won't have to learn a new language?

I'm not aware of any way to do that. Anyway, we should probably stop spamming this thread now Embarrassed
Somebody did it for the PG competition I think...can't remember who, and don't know how though...
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2008, 04:37:48 PM »

EDIT: Total n00b question, but is there a possibility what I proram in max/msp could be imported into game code anyway and I won't have to learn a new language?

I'm not aware of any way to do that. Anyway, we should probably stop spamming this thread now Embarrassed
Somebody did it for the PG competition I think...can't remember who, and don't know how though...

Yes, I recall that. I think it was DropTD. He just included a binary of puredata and started it along the game with a batch file or something, so it wasn't really integrated.
Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2008, 06:25:55 PM »

Ok so I started a thread about this in the technical forum but thought this might be a better place to post it. I'm trying to do a remake of Mario World 1-1 and looking for a programmer to help me out.

Below is the artwork I've allready done for it (All is WIP at the moment obviously)
The level art.
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4596/panoramacc9.jpg
Sprites
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2522/mariospritesyb1.jpg
increpare
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2008, 02:38:01 AM »

Yes, I recall that. I think it was DropTD. He just included a binary of puredata and started it along the game with a batch file or something, so it wasn't really integrated.
They were interfaced though, weren't they?  There's some URL-like protocal for interacting with programs like MSP/&c., I can't think of what it's called, that a lot of music people use.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2008, 12:08:52 PM »

Miuf

Im an artist looking for a project, ideally nothing that requires a long commitment.

or

Im an artist looking for a programmer, who is up for a smallish project.

Either way pm me for more info, examples and stuff.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2008, 12:12:21 PM »

PoliceDanceClub has a gallery in our demake collaboration katamarians, etc... the gallery appears when you beat the game.
He's a very interesting artist, not a pixeller but he does some very original stuff in the painting style
 Gentleman

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »

The following is from a thread I started in another thread category here. Sorry if Im breaking any rules here, guys. Just sorta started learning forum ettequite not long ago  WTF. I didn't know exactly where to put something up like this sooo...:
Ladies and gentlemen, the staff of Archaic Studios bid you good day.

Archaic Studios is a group of gamers making games for gamers. We are independently funded running our own website and forums. If you are interested in flash games, talking about games, reviewing games, or creating music and art then why not stop on by? We currently have a small but friendly community that we hope to expand in the near future with forum activities such as art contests and game tournaments.

In addition to forum members, we are also looking for moderately experienced people to help complete work on current projects. At the time of this writing, we currently need:
* Concept Artists [Sprites and 3D models]
* 3D Modeling [Scenery and objects]
* Texture Artists [Environments and objects]
* 2D Sprite Artists
* Musicians/ Sound
We have quite a few spots available so if you are interested in being a developer or just a member in the forums, please register at www.archaicstudios.net/forums.
 Send a PM to either Kira, Runehero123, or Quicksilver.

Once registered, use the Quick Links tab and select "Apply" to fill out a quick application. If there's any questions, just send me a message here and I will help you as best as I can. If you do decide to visit, please bear with the fact that the site is still in its early stages. We're trying to build a decent community of members and developers and we can't do it without the support of other indie developers/gamers. All support, feedback, and suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Right, so YOU are funded, but you want people to help you for free to make your games? Jesus christ.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2008, 12:44:38 PM »

Right, so YOU are funded, but you want people to help you for free to make your games? Jesus christ.

Hm, when he said "independently funded", I sort of assumed he meant they were paying out of their own pockets for hosting etc.
Alex May
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2008, 01:03:39 PM »

Still a bit much to go around spamming forums to get people to work for you for free.

ArchaicStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2008, 03:31:57 PM »

Hm, when he said "independently funded", I sort of assumed he meant they were paying out of their own pockets for hosting etc.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant. The project lead is paying to keep our site up and running so we can at least attract some decent developers to help out. I'm new to all this. I'm more or less coming to other sites on my own trying to find people willing to help without the promise of money. I honestly did not spam intentionally, I just got a bit carried away not knowing where to post. If these forums focus on getting paid to make games, then I guess I'm in the wrong place. But, now that I look like a total jackass here over a few misunderstandings I doubt anyone will take me or my team seriously now.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:37:16 PM by ArchaicStudios » Logged
Alex May
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2008, 11:06:05 PM »

You don't look like a jackass. You just look like every other internet startup project on gamedev.net. I wish you luck. You'll need it. My experience is that people working for free, remotely across the internet, with people they don't know, often end up dropping the projects they're working on. You'll be really, really, REALLY lucky to get 5 people (and your posts suggest you need more) to work on your stuff as much as 1 hour a day for an entire project.

If sounds like you're being WAY too ambitious. If you're a couple of developers with some funding, you're in a great position. Lower your bar until you have a project you can make yourselves, and make that. Don't rely on some random guys on the internet to make your concept art or whatever, it'll just doom your project. The fact you are looking for concept artists at all is a gigantic warning sign for me anyway as it tells me your project is huge and ambitious and won't ever get done.

ArchaicStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2008, 02:07:54 AM »

Actually, this project is not overly ambitious at all. Compared to what these guys were making before I showed up, this is a fairly easy project. Programming is close to being done, story is finished, I am taking care of the concept art myself (don't know why I put that on the list), and we have a few sound people now. All we need are people who can make textures or someone who can create sprites. But I do see what you're saying. We have lost alot of team mebers due to laziness or other reasons. If we're lucky, we can finish with what we got so far. We'll just see how it goes I guess.
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2008, 09:00:45 AM »

I'm an animator looking for a programmer! I want to make a 2d sidescrolling shooter/platformer, I made a thread here http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2857.0
leeni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2008, 08:04:08 PM »

Hi!

This is Leeni:

www.leeni.us

I need someone who can develop a very simple web-based maze game that takes about 4 minutes and 45 seconds to solve. I am trying to build an interactive music video.

Please contact me if you know how to do this and let me know if I would also need a separate designer for the assets.

I am also wondering where to host it, so anyone who has ANY info on how to do any of this, please let me know! Obviously, I am willing to pay someone for this service or I am also available to do services trade-wise.

Thanks!

-Leeni
www.leeni.us

<br>
www.myspace.com/leenimusic
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2008, 08:33:48 PM »

Hi Leeni,

Why do you want a maze game? There are plenty of game types which take a non-player driven period of time, which would allow you to ensure it took exactly the same amount of time as the music. They're generally easier to synch with other elements of the music, with different enemies appearing at key changes etc.

Arena games can be good since the game determines when to spawn stuff. Alternatively, anything with a fixed scrolling rate works really well.

If you want a maze 'cos it relates to the themes in the music, you could make a fixed scrolling maze game.
leeni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2008, 09:51:12 PM »

yeah, it goes with the theme of the song Smiley
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2008, 12:23:04 AM »

Sounds like a good idea, but this thread should probably be in Art and Design. I made the same mistake too.

Other than that, I started working on a maze game in flash a while ago but never finished it. I could finish it off and then add a time limit and voila.
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »

Here's my predicament- I'm one of the artists on the team making a Dreamcast/PC RPG called Elysian Shadows (http://elysianshadows.com/). The "adventures in game development" (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gyrovorbis) team has already been working on the game for a little more than a year now, and now that the engine is pretty much done we're starting on actually making the game.

However.

Recently we've added some new people to the group, and nothing's really getting done.
All of the artists (and the nosy musical composer) have different ideas of how the game should be styled, and really none of us know how it should be styled overall.
If you look at our concept art, none of us are really very good artists, we are just decent tile artists and such.

All the base team members (ie all programmers) are really fond of Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger, and want the game to be in a sort of "modernish with fantasy themes" world, but besides that nothing really major is defined.  The other tile artist and I just end up drawing tiles for dull apartments and such, and don't have any real direction.

Character-design-wise, we can't agree on a style or anything.  The other artist is pushing for an anime-styled emo boy, while I think the main character should be a man in his late 20's.
Since the core team (the group of friends that all live in Alabama near each other) are programmers, they aren't really doing a great job of giving us what we need to do our jobs as artists.

So I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in sort of a "lead vision designer" job.  Basically take the storyline they have fleshed out so far and use artistic license to flesh that out and make an interesting, stylized world.

Someone who has massive amounts of creativity and can develop worlds and characters and has a unique style to them. Besides just telling us artists what to do, there's also the position of actual drawn in-game and out-of-game art if interested, since none of us can draw for shit anyway.

Anyone interested in the slightest?
I guess easiest way of getting back would be emailing me ([email protected]), or joining the forum (http://elysianshadows.com/phpBB3/)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic