Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:21:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeSaint's Yarn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Saint's Yarn  (Read 28628 times)
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »

wait did these socks just happen

because that is huge, huge news

Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2010, 03:27:38 AM »

wait did these socks just happen

because that is huge, huge news

No, I'm still working through the list of top 10 bidders, so far no-one's taken the 2nd chance offer. The rest of the stuff has been mailed out, though.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2010, 07:45:57 AM »

Men that sucks. People are really stupid  Facepalm
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2010, 02:54:46 AM »

$10k? Really? I don't think the winning bidder is going to actually pay more than $150 for those.

Edit: No offence meant, Saint. Those are awesome socks.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2010, 08:57:49 AM »

$10k? Really? I don't think the winning bidder is going to actually pay more than $150 for those.

Edit: No offence meant, Saint. Those are awesome socks.

Yeah, but the problem is that some people bid such sums- and now they won't pay. Which is both against ebay's rules and retarded from them. Saint organized an awesome series of auctions for charity and these jerks just ruined a part of it.
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »

Yeah, it was a bit of extra effort but in the end the socks sold for $355 to a stand-up guy who was going to donate to Child's Play anyway, and ebay contacted me and said they would follow up on the fraudulent bidders. So I am not really bummed about it Coffee

But enough! My latest project, inspired by the Albino Goo from World of Goo (featuring myself in a wrinkled shirt and washed-out pants):

... World of Goo was actually the first project I took on, only it didn't turn out so well so I scrapped it and returned a couple of months ago. I originally planned to do a Tower of Goo theme with Green and Blue instead of the Albino Goo, but I wanted to make it a bit more subtle and classy so it could actually be worn.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2010, 06:56:27 PM »

holy crap that is a wrinkly shirt

nice sweatervest though

Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2010, 03:28:23 AM »

Joseph from Machinarium, with crotcheted eyes. I failed to include all kinds of details but hopefully there is still some resemblance.

biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2010, 02:56:08 AM »

Instantly recognizable and really cool.
(Maybe you could add the pipe thingy at the top.)
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2011, 04:40:30 PM »

Thanks!

I thought about adding the chimney and the box at the back of the head, but I didn't want to put too much stuff on it... Maybe next time.

Moving on, something from Knytt Stories. A lot trickier than they might seem due to 4 or 5 colors being used in a couple of the characters.

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »

Those are fantastic as always, especially the one with Juni and her friend. Kiss
DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »

Oh, and I still need ideas for motives.

Something with the Art of Theft Trilby sprite?
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2011, 07:56:38 AM »

Thanks!

Trilby is a pretty good idea. I have another project right now and it will likely take a few months, but maybe after that...
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2011, 04:20:48 PM »

...Yeah, so my intention was to make a sweater inspired by Mirror's Edge, I was done a couple of weeks ago but was really unhappy with the result. I managed to sort of salvage it, but it's still not very good.

Then again, I usually do not wear knitted sweaters so perhaps I shouldn't have attempted to make one in the first place. Oh well.

Theophilus
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »

I... I want... I want one....
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2011, 11:39:26 PM »

Mr Gimmick, request from a friend. Probably should have been more careful and less in a hurry with the details.

Iron_Krill
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »

Hey, I recently started knitting myself, I'm currently about half way through knitting my first jumper from a pattern (I thought I'd finished the back this evening but then I measured it against myself and it's not quite long enough, so I'm going to have to undo all my casting off to add a few more rows  Facepalm).
I'm interested to know how much planning goes into the designs on your things, do you plan out every stitch in advance or go in with a basic idea but largely make it up as you go? I'd quite like to try something like this myself, although I haven't tried knitting pictures onto anything yet.
I especially like your world of goo one, it's subtle enough that to someone who hadn't played the game it would still just look like a really good design.
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2011, 10:52:17 AM »

Super Meat Boy. Edmunds characters lend themselves well for beanies, it seems.

While I tend to improvise with the knitting patterns, I usually just use a pixel-perfect representation of the characters and stick to that. Though tbh, I really should knit using only one or two colors and then embroider the images as it would make the multicolored stuff a lot more even...

Good luck knitting!
Theophilus
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »

Where did you learn to knit?
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »

Where did you learn to knit?

In school, originally. It's part of the arts & crafts curriculum in Sweden, or at least it was twenty years ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic