Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:35:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPAX East
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: PAX East  (Read 31888 times)
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 12:57:30 PM »

Yahooooo Snapshot is in the boston indie showcase so everyone come on down and check it out at the boston indie showcase booth!
BubblePipeMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 08:15:57 AM »

I SHOULD be at this convention, hopefully I'll manage to meet a lot of you. IS there going to be any TIG event? I mean, can't we find some time to meet together and hang?

Also, at PAX, I always find myself completely distracted by the pinball machines. I hope there is more than 4 this year, I'll probably be hanging out there all the time.

mikewest
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »

I'm going, but I'm new to tig.  I'd consider jamming over sleeping though I say this never having officially jammed.
JasonPKaplan
Level 0

Never knows best.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2011, 01:11:30 PM »

I'll be there!  But, alas, I'm going with a group of people as a partial pre-wedding celebration, and as such will probably be busy with that group.  Plus, there's a lot of panels I'm interested in seeing.  I feel like I'll be pretty booked up, time-wise.

If there's a jam happening overnight sometime, I'll try to make it, but I also love sleep, so.  You know.

If you recognize me (from my tiny profile picture, I guess?) while there, do say hi! I love making new friends.  Actually, that's a lie, HORRIBLE SOCIAL ANXIETY--I mean, er, no.  Say hi.  S'all good.

Jrsquee
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »

So you'll be in California?

I'm down for jammin'. I'm staying with friends in Somerville, but I think the T runs all night. Count me in!

The T stops running at 12:50am, so you gotta get a taxi after then.

I'm not going to PAXeast, but I'm local to boston and I'm totally down for jammin' or whatever. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for deetz.
BitShift
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2011, 05:36:11 AM »

I'll be there!
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »

I got my 3 day pass and am excited

also:
Apparently there's a pre-pax exhibition/party "Made in MA" on Thursday night. Are any of you planning to go to that?
I'll be there with my computer in case any of you want to play Space Parasite or some 4-player Bandit Party or anything else I might have lying around.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:20:15 PM by Andy Wolff » Logged

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 05:02:33 AM »

I was thinking of coming in Thursday night, but I work til 9pm, and throwing in the train from Providence and whatever busing around I'd have to do... don't think I'd make it at a reasonable hour.

But if I get any cancellations on Tuesday, I will be there! See you in the Queue Line Friday morning.
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »

I arrive Wednesday, so definitely up for hangouts with any Boston indies.  I might be getting Blank-things done up until the talk, though...

Also, CRAYONS

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2011, 11:43:18 AM »

Three days y'all, can you stand it??

We might want some sorta system for identifying each other, at least for those of us who haven't met in person. I say post concept art of what you think you'll be wearing on Friday.
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »

BubblePipeMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2011, 06:46:21 PM »

Don't forget to register for the PAXMA IGDA party!

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »

HEY.

Stop by the Boston Indie Showcase booth, it will be a good time! <3

Jay Margalus
Level 0

designer and developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »

I'll be wearing a Lunar Giant/Delve Deeper shirt for at least two of the days, and so will the rest of our members:

Other than that, I'll probably end up bringing the old stand-by:

Say hi to me, we'll get a drink.

Former co-owner of Lunar Giant Studios (game company), former gamedev faculty at DePaul University. Now: Teaching entrepreneurship and design at Washington & Lee. On Twitter @jaymargalus.
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2011, 09:28:44 PM »

You know, other than my panel on Friday and a special dinner on (I think) Saturday I think I might just pick someone and tag along with them around the conference.

Who will it be?

Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2011, 03:14:17 PM »

Haha! I've been far too distracted to mention it here. I'll be around, absolutely checking out the Indie Showcase and those showcasing it. We shall totally get drinks. ALL OF US.  Beer!
rv_el
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »

I would love to go. I hear its been a really cool event - better each year.  But its so close to GDC!  I'm still recovering from it.  I can't even imagine getting on another plane. 

This is why we can't have nice things...
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »

I hear you, rv_el.  I just got into Boston and only being in my own bed for a couple days sorta sucked.  But I really like the town so far; I'm staying at a hostel downtown (well, Back Bay) and I'll be super up for any and all indie hangouts (let's meet up somewhere!) that are going on.  I'm free except for Saturday night.

Also, HEY EVERBODY COME TO MY PANEL SQUEEE

How to Fund Your Game Development Project with Kickstarter!
Cat Theatre
Friday, 12:30pm - 1:30pm

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 05:33:24 AM »

I'm totally already going to that panel!

rv_el, PAX is officially sold out of badges, so you wouldn't be able to come at this point anyway. But you could fly to Boston just to hang out with us cool types!

My Friday is totally packed with talks, but Saturday and Sunday have some wiggle room. I'm definitely checking out Snapshot and SpyParty. Who's seeing Jonathan Coulton on Saturday? He's always a good time.
BubblePipeMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 06:43:01 AM »

Look for me: I'll have a flat/messenger/whatever hat on, with buttons on each side, one of which is Poto & Cabenga (because I dig it). I'll also likely be in a long sleeve dress shirt. Next time I try to wear something a little more unique and noticeable, so people can spot me easily.

Also, my friends at Play Eternal now have a panel on Saturday: "Play Eternal team: Building a Game Development Team for the 21st Century!" Come by and check them out!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic