Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:59:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioOctober November December
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: October November December  (Read 6679 times)
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:38:33 PM »

Brother Android.
October November December.

1. The winddown. 0.37
2. We can see our breath. 5.05
3. Field smoke. 0.54
4. A walk in the cold. 4.44
5. The stars come out. 3.06
6. Black cloud. 1.32
7. It rains. 9.46
8. Night drive. 1.15
9. A bit of sun. 5.19
10. First freeze. 2.52

composed, synthesized, programmed, processed, etc. by Brother Android in the fall and winter of 2009 and 2010. cover art by andy wolff (http://andy-wolff.blogspot.com).

thank you for listening.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z5yo2yqzvt3

Or stream here: http://www.last.fm/music/Brother+Android/October+November+December

Captain_404
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:52:48 PM »

My ears buzz with anticipation! Glad to see this is finally out Smiley

Just finished my first playthrough, really like First Freeze, though I keep misreading the name as "First Sneeze"...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:10:04 AM by Captain_404 » Logged
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:52:54 AM »

Most Excellent! Downloading now.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:49:55 PM »

This album is great! I've listened to it twice through.

I made you some fan music Smiley http://www.box.net/shared/zya7rca2bi encoded at 16kbps because I missed that about the first album Tongue

BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 02:43:10 PM »

I loved every second of it. (Except you might want to consider altering that ringing sound in the last song, it might be a little grating). Excellent album though! I've listened 3 times to it!
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »

Most wonderful indeed

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 07:53:31 PM »

Thanks, guys. You're too kind.

@JMickle - nice track, the beginning of it has a really haunting sound. I'm glad you like my music that much. Smiley And I don't think I've abandoned low-bit forever, so no worries. The greater complexity of the arrangements here is lost at a lower bit rate, is all.

siegarettes
Level 0

new week, new persona

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 02:59:01 PM »

dood! awesome!

im downloading right now, im sure it will be quite good.

Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 03:36:29 PM »

Listened through two times. My favorites here have gotta be It Rains and A Bit of Sun, both incredibly cool. But it's all good. First Freeze may have been my favorite, though the high-pitched sound kinda got hard to listen to, honestly.

This is real, real neato, though! Cover's nice, too. Great job. I think I'll listen to Space Hymns now, since I saw that a while back and forgot about it.

noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »

Ooh...shiny cover art...so shiny...

...and most excellent music too! My personal favorite is "The Stars Come Out". You totally nailed that song; every time I hear it all my stress and whatnot instantly dissipates. Awesome job.

And on the other side of the spectrum, I also really loved "It Rains", in all its ten-minute glory. Then again, I'm a sucker for any song that features an exploding 2A03. ;-)
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:48:06 PM »

Been really enjoying this. Don't know what to say, but it's totally great.

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 12:06:54 PM »

huh, guess I never posted in the thread.

Anyway, as I said in that PM, really love the album!  If you've got a donate link anywhere don't hesitate to let us know about it.  Wink
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 01:41:47 PM »

I downloaded this and put it on my ipod so Ill come back with thoughts tomorrow evening.  Wizard

Interesting how different communities have different tastes; I noticed this album has very little replies on chipmusic, but here on TIGS its the hottest thread in the audio section  Wizard
Amp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 03:40:41 PM »

I downloaded this and put it on my ipod so Ill come back with thoughts tomorrow evening.  Wizard

Interesting how different communities have different tastes; I noticed this album has very little replies on chipmusic, but here on TIGS its the hottest thread in the audio section  Wizard

It's got a few at GMG.

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 07:05:47 PM »

huh, guess I never posted in the thread.

Anyway, as I said in that PM, really love the album!  If you've got a donate link anywhere don't hesitate to let us know about it.  Wink
http://brotherandroid.110mb.com/

I didn't think people ever donated, so I never really thought to make one.

Thanks very much, you guys; your enthusiasm means a lot.

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »

Just donated now!  Smiley

I think you're right that most people don't donate, and I almost never do either.  But when someone releases something for free that I really, really love, donating feels like the only right thing to do.  Wink
Renton
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 11:28:35 AM »

Beautiful songs. Lovin' it.

Was "The Stars Come Out" featured in Digital: A Love Story?
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 04:57:56 PM »

!

Downloading now.

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 05:17:27 PM »

I just wanted to say that I really loved the music of yours that got used in "Digital: A Love Story"... it really contributed a ton to the atmosphere of the game.  Are there any other games out there that you know of that have used your music via the creative commons license?

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »

Just donated now!  Smiley

I think you're right that most people don't donate, and I almost never do either.  But when someone releases something for free that I really, really love, donating feels like the only right thing to do.  Wink
Well, thanks a lot then, I'm glad you like it so much. Smiley If I ever do a CD release of anything, you'll get a free copy, promise. Tongue

I just wanted to say that I really loved the music of yours that got used in "Digital: A Love Story"... it really contributed a ton to the atmosphere of the game.  Are there any other games out there that you know of that have used your music via the creative commons license?
No, as far as I know it's the only one. Given that I didn't even know about it until a while after the game came out, though, so there may be others... I guess that is kind of how things go with Creative Commons. In any case, I'm very glad you liked the song.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic