Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411885 Posts in 69426 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 06, 2024, 02:46:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFront Line Strike
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Front Line Strike  (Read 1682 times)
Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »

Front Line Strike is a 2D (by that, I mean side-scrolling view) real time strategy game I am working on for my graduation project. The game will include 3 different campaigns, free play against the computer, many achievements to fulfill (I'll allow achievements to be filled multiple times actually), and for my grad project, online multiplayer.

The type of feedback I'm looking for is glitches/errors when I release a build, suggestions (for units, abilities, etc), and maybe maps or campaign stories or something.

As for now, I'm working on the engine of the game. Once I get that done and all the units added that I planned for ahead of time, I'll release a demo (and maybe a map maker).

The blog I'm using for the game is here: http://coltonsgames.blog.com/
It has a lot of descriptions and snapshots on it.

I'll keep updating this thread if I get positive feedback, so just tell me what you think. I've showed many people the old version, and they thought that it was good. If any of you want the old version, just ask and I'll put it up. Thanks.

Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:21:24 AM »

It looks nice and interesting, but I won't judge a game only on some pictures and descriptive lines... I'll be glad to test your game and send you some feedbacks as soon as it will be possible to test it. Keep me inform of your coming test-release.
Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 06:21:59 PM »

I dunno, that may not be for a while. Most of the base engine is programmed, but I'm procrastinating on spriting the humans mainly. I could get everything else done first... that'd be a smart idea.

Anyway...

All 5 of the bombs I planned for ahead of time. Dunno if I'll add anymore than that. Check description for more info.

Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 06:35:18 PM »

http://coltonsgames.blog.com/2010/05/07/boom-boom/
Almost done with human units. They're being a huge pain in the ass, mainly because they have all these abilities and because I have to make animations for them. Oh well, sooner I get it done the sooner I can move on to the less time-consuming stuff.

Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »

I am done with the human units. Finished them yesterday. As of this unit, I have programmed all the ground vehicles I planned on ahead of time (Dwarf Deployer (if anyone cares, ask me about this one), Gatling Gun Jeep, Tank and Anti-air Tank). The humans I finished yesterday are the Rocketman, Arsonist and Sniper.

well heh i make games and um dats all

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 09:52:25 AM »

This does look interesting. Shame you don't have a playable demo or test up and around.

Maybe this belongs in devlogs? Smiley

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »

I don't like the medic gun. Mostly cos I keep seeing games with guns that heal people, and it doesn't even fit into this aesthetic.
I think the medics should actually run up to people and do some kind of healing animation. If you made the animation take a few seconds, leavin both units vulnerable to attack, then that'd make it dangerous to heal people. So there'd allways be a risk with like- Should I charge this guy forward or can I heal him? Should I reel him back in, to a safe position or what?
Then if you survive n come back with all your health it'd be like you'd earned it.

That's the idea anyway.
Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 12:23:23 PM »

Actually, with this rate of progress I'm hoping to be able to release a public alpha by the end of the week.

As for the Medic's gun, I really don't see a real problem with it. It's not too overpowered anyway because it heals at a rather slow rate (since it heals humans, and the highest amount of max HP a human can have is 30).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic