Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 12:02:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFront Line Strike
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Front Line Strike  (Read 3984 times)
Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »

I'm copying and pasting shit from the post I made at the other forum I go to, so some things may not apply to you guys but whatever who cares.

Some snapshots.
Note: I was controlling all players using the debug console.

Just a start of a new base really. The blue tile with the purple outlined building are blueprints, which represent construction sites. The outline color displays which team it currently belongs too.

These units just got healed. The big X on the Medic basically tells the player that unit was already used during this phase, and cannot be used again until the phase is over.

Just rockets being fired from a Firecracker. Attack effects are just cosmetic, anything they display doesn't portray what actually happened (well, it could actually).

Boom.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
"Front Line Strike Build 5 (Standalone EXE)" (only download this if you have downloaded Online Build 2 (Build 3) You can now play without music! Super cool!)
"Front Line Strike Build 5 (ZIP)" (no Community yet)
"Front Line Strike Onslaught Preview #2" (no Community in this one either, don't click those buttons)
"Battlefield Constructor Build 2" (hold Shift to show the menu. Press Enter to finish typing it whatever. The maximum amount of tiles any unit can move is 5, so don't make big maps despite the fact the canvas is huge as fuck)

Questions? Ask.

What am I doing right now?
Working on the Community.

Known bugs/suggestions: (this doubles as a checklist for me, so struck out things just means I fixed them)
None yet.

Stuff for you TIGers that have no clue about what FLS is. Front Line Strike is a strategy game I've been working on since August (well actually, since December of '09, but that was an earlier version). It was my graduation project, but I passed so that's out of the way. I've been rather lazy on it afterwards but I'm trying to change that. Anyway, it's a strategy game that is split up into two phases, the Preparation Phase, and the Attack Phase. The game uses real-time actions. As of this moment, there is only multiplayer (with the exception of the tutorial). If you'd like to play with me, you can contact me via Steam (elbonoodel). The game's not "finished" yet, but I'm still working on it (as was implied). There's a tutorial in the game so yeah.

If any of you want a video of the game, here's a short one. Excuse the excessive use of memes, me and that friend act stupid like that when we play together.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:40:16 PM by Colton » Logged

Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »

...Anything?

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 03:07:22 AM »

A single player campaign mode (even a small would) would be helpful. I'll check out the tutorial.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Ozoh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 03:12:18 AM »

What when did you post this-

Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 05:49:14 AM »

A single player campaign mode (even a small would) would be helpful. I'll check out the tutorial.
Actually I'm currently working on a new singleplayer/multiplayer co-op mode called "Onslaught". I'm tweaking it a bit before I make another release. I don't plan on campaign for a while because I'm focusing on other things at the moment.

Also Ozoh go away no gg2 members allowed lopl

Ozoh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 11:28:18 AM »

Hey I'm here to post my projects when they get better.
Not because of you. Also make the battlefield constructor tell the item/terrain type you're using.
Thanks.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »

Interesting - could you tell us a little more about the project? The art looks nice, but I have no idea what the game is about...

deathtotheweird
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »

looks cool, mp only? don't really have anyone to play it with or id try it out.
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »

One player version would be nice. Oh I couldn't exit out of the application when I was finished... But very nice game nonetheless/
Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »

Hey I'm here to post my projects when they get better.
Not because of you. Also make the battlefield constructor tell the item/terrain type you're using.
Thanks.
It does.

Interesting - could you tell us a little more about the project? The art looks nice, but I have no idea what the game is about...
There's more info and a short video at the end of the post :|

One player version would be nice. Oh I couldn't exit out of the application when I was finished... But very nice game nonetheless/
I'm currently working on a single player/co-op mode. And you simply press Escape to exit out of a match, and escape on the main menu to quit the game.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 06:44:04 AM »

Hi Colton - I saw that, but I was wondering a little about the fiction of the world, the story (if there is one) / environment and so on...

I really like the use of colour!

Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »

There is no story yet. If I make a campaign mode in the future, there'll be a story for that. And the environment really depends on how the map you're playing on.

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 01:52:54 PM »

I love your pixels. I'll have to try this when I get home.
Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 03:38:57 PM »

hello.jpg
I present to you yet another preview of the new Onslaught mode. There are some notable changes in this one:
February 14, 2011
   -Modified Onslaught so that when the first priority is in action, a quarter of the spawners are activated at once.
   -Modified Onslaught so that the starting spawn frequency is 3 days rather than 5.
   -Modified Onslaught so that any android armies that are at least 10 below the current regulation in size are automatically destroyed.
   -Added the STD unit for Onslaught. The Monarch and STD have split chances of spawning.
   -Prevented additional androids from spawning in Onslaught if a certain amount of androids already exists.

What is this "STD" you ask? No, it is not a giant sexually transmitted disease. "STD" stands for "Suicide Terror Drone". It is very slow (2 tiles), but is even stronger than the Monarch (as in attack force, not defense. It has the armor of a standard android). It will walk up to you, and you and your friends will group around it. But then, you regret it, because the STD explodes (explosion is 3x3 tiles large). Much like the Monarch's Vortex Blades, the explosion will kill any human and vehicle army in a single hit. It will always do 25 damage to buildings. However, you can have solace in knowing that the STD also dies when it explodes (which should be obvious). The spawning chance of Monarchs and STDs is split evenly between them, so Monarchs may seem to appear less frequently. But what would you rather have; a heavily armored android that can kill a single army in a single attack, or a standardly armored android that can kill multiple armies in a single attack while sacrificing itself? You don't get the choice, though. They'll both appear. Prepare for total hell.

But that's enough of a long, boring, redundant description/monologue. Click here to download the second Onslaught preview.

Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »

hello.jpg
I'd just like to notify any of you who have downloaded the recently Onslaught preview, and plan to play online with it must redownload it. I accidentally deleted a constant that was required in order to play with other people. This is fixed now. To download the Onslaught preview, click the orange "Front Line Strike Onslaught Preview #2" in the first post. Thanks.

Colton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 04:00:07 PM »

http://pixelxcore.net/colton/frontlinestrike.html

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic