Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:27:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 538269 times)
increpare
« Reply #1180 on: June 21, 2010, 12:34:31 AM »

People finding it very hard: how far are you getting? I could put in one or two checkpoints.
uh - encountering my first infantryman, then getting killed shortly thereafter.
GZ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1181 on: June 21, 2010, 04:39:20 AM »

People finding it very hard: how far are you getting? I could put in one or two checkpoints.
I played this game a while back and forgot to comment, anyway my best was a little past the second wall you blow up. I only played 3 or 4 times, but I also played the earlier version of the game a couple of times. I'd say what got me stuck initially was having 4 tanks, it's difficult keeping track of all of them and it seems more problematic having 4 than having less. The time I did the best was when I had two tanks and money to buy a reserve tank, so when I got down to one I bought another tank ad kept repeating this. The extra firepower of four tanks is not really worth the maneuverability you lose, I found.

I'm not sure how well this suggestion would work, but I'd consider cutting it from 4 tanks maximum to 3 tanks maximum, and starting the player with one reserve tank ($2000).

Also posting to say I'm still on Chill Out. I've been having a bit of trouble finding time to work on it, but I'm getting steady progress. Once I get my music I'll post up a new version which should be about 70% of the full game.

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1182 on: June 21, 2010, 08:56:32 AM »

Had a great idea for Evil Empire. Late by 5 hours  Cry

oranda
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1183 on: June 21, 2010, 12:06:51 PM »

Been working on sprites for the weekend... and there's a title screen ;

Haha, awesome! This definitely makes me want to try the game out, so I think it gets the job done as a good title screen  Beer!.
Saker
« Reply #1184 on: June 21, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »

Had a great idea for Evil Empire. Late by 5 hours  Cry
Haha .... sorry for that , maybe you should make your version too , I'm not sure if I'll finish mine any time soon because of the exams ...

Edit : also , here's a screenie from the game :

Still need to add some enemies and tweak the level design more
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:56:10 PM by Saker » Logged
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1185 on: June 21, 2010, 05:55:36 PM »

Holy fucking shit. BMcC will make a game? Either Megalonia or Ninja Assault would turn out awesomely.
Heck yes! Well, maybe. Evil Empire is actually most appealing to me. I've got a real soft spot for extra tiny simulated people. The only thing is I'm on the VERY last step of a huge (read: 1.5 year) milestone for the big project I'm working on and my partner is sitting on go. (I didn't realize the deadline for this was so close.)

But, man, I do very much want to start making small games again. This would be healthy. Maybe if I cut out sleep? Droop

EDIT: Okay, there are TWO other Evil Empire projects now? Since the weekend?! Goodness.

godsavant
« Reply #1186 on: June 21, 2010, 06:33:47 PM »

Ugh.
Mar
Level 1

Bat-Llama

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 21, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »

Ugh.

Hand Clap

"insta-fucking-ly"
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1188 on: June 21, 2010, 07:08:13 PM »

EDIT: Okay, there are TWO other Evil Empire projects now? Since the weekend?! Goodness.

haha I don't want to compete with Saker. I'm not going to remake EE.

Plus I have nobody to code for me.

Saker
« Reply #1189 on: June 21, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »

oh , god .... Where were you people all these days ?
Maybe I shouldn't have taken that game slot .
Now I've to make a better game than planned so nobody can blame me Facepalm

or maybe a collab ?!

Edit :
haha I don't want to compete with Saker. I'm not going to remake EE.
Why ?! ... That would be awesome ,I know my version would suck hard next to yours but that would be a great motivation for me  Well, hello there! .
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 08:03:56 PM by Saker » Logged
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1190 on: June 21, 2010, 07:58:20 PM »

Um, am I missing something here? Huh?

oh , god .... Where were you people all these days ?
Maybe I shouldn't have taken that game slot .
No, man, go right ahead. Just do it justice. (Which shouldn't be hard for an Action 52 game!) Tongue

I'll figure something out.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 22, 2010, 12:54:55 AM »

Does this look like underwater CAVES for you guize?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:12:27 AM by Melly » Logged

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
EruditeDragon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 22, 2010, 01:50:37 AM »

Certainly seems enough like a cave to me. Smiley  Looking good so far, and I'm looking forward to Sharks.
genericuser
« Reply #1193 on: June 22, 2010, 03:20:02 AM »

Quick questions:
* Are you supposed to be able to fly off the top left corner of the screen and be invincible for the entire game? I think not.
* Do the powerups really do anything?

* Woah. No, you're not supposed to be able to fly off- I've fixed that now.
* The powerups give you extra points.

THEY CAME - NEW WINDOWS BUILD V1.4

(also added a handy spawn indicator that shows where the next enemy is going to appear, so the game is more fair now.)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1194 on: June 22, 2010, 07:38:19 AM »

Melly's wet caves

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
BoxedLunch
« Reply #1195 on: June 22, 2010, 07:53:34 AM »

Does this look like underwater CAVES for you guize?
that looks like underwater awesome to me.  Gentleman
L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1196 on: June 22, 2010, 08:04:11 AM »

Some more They Came comments:
* Currently, the game mostly consists of flying around until the player is entirely crowded out by foes and dies. While that's all well and good, it's still fairly basic and inevitable. I think it could be considerably more compelling if the player had access to some kind of method by which these crowds could possibly be broken or eluded, affording a means of cunning escape from such tight situations. Just one of these ideas should be sufficient:
 - Asteroids-style screen wraparound. Fly off the top, come out the bottom. Having a means of fleeing from constricted corners could make this game much more lively.
 - A charge shot that pierces multiple foes but takes a few seconds to charge up, possibly even requiring motionlessness. Just by punching a hole in the crowd, the player can create a window of opportunity to retreat.
* Interface suggestion: while the player flies under the score text, the score text should fade out.
* You forgot the "Try" at the beginning of "Try killing all of the green-eyed monsters only to be attacked by their leader."
* You don't actually get attacked by their leader, do you? ;_; (But that's an integral part of the story!)
* The powerups seem to be in such hard-to-reach places that perhaps the player ought to be rewarded mechanically as well as meritously. Even just something simple as increasing their fire rate by a little bit - and it doesn't even have to stack with multiple powerups.)
* On the other hand, if you just want them to award points, might I suggest making the classic "1000" numerals appear temporarily after collecting them? Then people won't be quite as confused as to their purpose.
L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1197 on: June 22, 2010, 10:13:10 AM »

Silver Sword build 5

There are now 2 game modes in this game! Journey will be the ordinary three-level linear mode, and Treasure Hunt is more of a short one-level "Metroidvania" sort of thing. You start Treasure Hunt with no weapon and must collect the fire, silver and ice powerups as you go along, as well as two other powerups. There are also illict gold trinkets to obtain.

You can play 80% of Treasure Hunt now.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:17:26 AM by L » Logged
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 22, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »

sharks will be awesome whether you like it or not, melly.

Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1199 on: June 23, 2010, 08:49:18 AM »

This summer ALFREDO will be well and truly IN THE FETTUCINI!

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic