Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 12:10:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingParadise Fort
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Paradise Fort  (Read 9203 times)
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 05:50:56 AM »

It runs too slow on most computers I've tried to play it on. Could definitely stand some optimization.
Wizard
Level 0

metagalactic llama wizard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 05:57:28 AM »

It runs too slow on most computers I've tried to play it on. Could definitely stand some optimization.

What kind of computers are you running it on? Works perfectly here on my 1400mhz laptop with barely any grunt at all... It drops a little when it's raining but that's it...

Shit, we're up against a Sysadmin...
The Wizard's Lair | my Sketchbookr | Ask me anything!
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 10:12:09 PM »

It does need optimization. When it rained it lagged alot, it rained for the third time than crashed  Mock Anger btw, its hard killing the ships, nerf please? :D
YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 02:06:20 AM »

It's fairly balanced in my opinion. I tend to create a bunker near the water with one cannon and a tower to defend :3 I don't really rely on spamming cannons to kill ships, mainly just cannon shells.

Jordan
Level 1

One time known as Flaming Pear.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 05:11:26 PM »

I enjoyed the LD version of this, and I like the added depth in the post-compo release. It seems like you've got the makings of a solid game here. The only major issue, I feel, is the control scheme... and I still can't think of a good solution for that.

ghosted
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 08:58:41 AM »

Great little game dude. Of all the LD entries this one had me charmed the most. Which isn't to say it didn't infuriate me at times, but it's great stuff. Real shame the interface can be a bit clumsy but I know what you mean about not having the energy to redo it. Awesome stuff nonetheless.

Edit:
And now I've just muscled my way to the top of the scoreboard. Really frantic stuff at the end. Look at the reamins of my poor little stronghold...

Interestingly I actually started with a really tiny patch of land as opposed to the generous plots I instinctively go for. In the end I reckon the best plan is to just remove all land and build a ladder up to a small floating fortress. The size of the starting terrain is almost redundant.

Again, great game dude.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:35:55 AM by ghosted » Logged
selfishflesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »

I'm a huge fan of clonk as well.

This game is excellent. Even more impressive considering its base was done in 48 Hours.

Now I shall stalk around and see what else Hempuli has done...

Adding the question mark to his/her name is optional right?

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2010, 02:23:48 AM »

I really like it but I scream for some mouse control. I know it was made in 48 and all, but it's just a bit annoying when I have to memorize what the keys do when. Am I lazy? Yeah, I feel kind of lazy...But great work nonetheless.

On STEAM »
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 12:55:29 PM »

Hey, thanks for the comments, everyone! Great to hear some people have found this enjoyable. Smiley
ghosted - great job getting it that far! I guess the really hectic stuff begins around 5000-6000 points.

migrafael: As has been stated several times, the controls are rather horrible. But I really can't imagine what kind of mouse control this game could possibly have? Could you elaborate?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic