Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:20:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioMusic thread let's go Mr. Yes
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Music thread let's go Mr. Yes  (Read 2750 times)
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2010, 07:13:57 PM »

Hey, hey TIGSource! TIGSource I am feeling an urge to take myself to the audio board and press a thread down. I post some music in the show your shit thread now and then but it's time I do this thing I'm doing now.

I've been making music for a while now but this year I'm going mad about it. I am happy and swimming in melodies. Let's go.

I just did this today. I didn't have a title so I named the file "large" because I'm having a largely good day today.

The Towering Bow. It's for an EP I guess, that I haven't put together yet.

Six Places. From a couple months ago, I think.

The Figures Form. For an album that's getting very close to being done. I'm pretty excited about this project in particular at the moment. I guess I'll post the album art here too.

Aside from that stuff, I did an EP last month titled Canning at the Border. It's a bit worse than my normal stuff because I wanted to do it all in about 12 hours. That can be downloaded here. And here's a sample track from it.

If you decide to listen to any of this, awesome awesome awesome. Thank you for your time, and I hope the rest of your life turns out nice.

FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 12:35:50 AM »

Hey dude, Six Palces is class, really liked it. The Towering Bow needs a mighty bass line to drop in, but its cool aswell Smiley

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:35:57 AM »

Man, i really like the vibe you got going on with these tunes.  Especially with the first one: Large.  I love how the two opposing sinewaves play off each other.

i make chiptunes, uketunes, games and more!  feeblethemighty.com
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »

Thanks guys! Smiley

I did another song today, didn't think of a title or anything though.

Also, I just recently put this little EP together called Canning and the Towering Bow. It's got The Towering Bow and a few other songs. Download it if you're interested.

Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »

Very pretty, Mr. Yes!  Has your music ever been in a game/have you any plans for such an endeavor?

Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 09:44:47 AM »

Thanks! Yeah, I've always made my own music for my games. For example, here's one song from the competition entry I've been working on.

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »

Really liking the vibe your music gives off...very mystical. Large is a great listen and that album art is funky as hell.  Smiley
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 08:47:14 PM »

hey hey guys

I've done a bit more. First off here's a recent song I did, a short background song for a game.

Also, have some Gosh Total, Udardicon, and Table Staple Fun List Power. Just thought of those on the spot. I'm not very good with titles.

noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 09:27:12 PM »

Also, have some Gosh Total, Udardicon, and Table Staple Fun List Power. Just thought of those on the spot. I'm not very good with titles.

Are you kidding, those names are awesome! If I had the choice I would name my freakin' opus magnum Table Staple Fun List Power. No joke.

Oh, and the songs are incredible enough to warrant those titles, to. I'm currently listening to Gosh Total, and my head's doing this weird bobbing thing, just involuntarily. It won't stop. Just keeps going, like one of those animated gifs.

Not that I mind, though...
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »

Just finished this album, Tungsten. Actually I didn't really JUST finish it, it's been finished for a couple months, but I've been holding off on releasing it. There was something I wanted to add but it didn't sound good at all when I put it in, so whatever.

You can download it here:

http://thrompd.hinchy.us/music/Tungsten.zip

There's a story behind it, and there were gonna be lyrics, but that didn't end up happening. I'm gonna be telling the story through another means.

rogerlevy
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06:38 AM »

wow...  Shocked

...sublime.  

Thank you for making this.

The "silence" tracks remind me of playing Yume Nikki, which is a very great thing.

I'm inspired.

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 07:27:10 AM »

I just stared at my computer screen, unblinking, as Windows Media Player did its randomization thing. I was totally mesmerized. Great work!  Wink

Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »

Thanks!!

Glad you guys liked it. Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic