Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411841 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

May 31, 2024, 09:31:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZero Gear - a multiplayer kart racing game
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27
Print
Author Topic: Zero Gear - a multiplayer kart racing game  (Read 114893 times)
puddinlover
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: August 04, 2009, 06:22:16 PM »

This is my first time seeing your game...  My Word! I must say that it looks breath taking!  So much polish!  I wish you the best of luck with it!

You can see what I'm up to on my programming blog (CodeJustin.com)
nande
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: August 10, 2009, 01:24:03 AM »

wow, i didn't expect to find something like this here :D

Really cool nice and good game, lots of perspective Smiley

Good luck with the project!

Cheers

Play Cool Free Games - By OrcPad | boxhead zombie - cool zombie game
marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2009, 11:11:37 AM »

Gentleman Here are a few clips from some playtesting of the race game mode that we had the other day. There are some new features in these clips, including mouse looking/aiming and hopping. The other major change to race mode has been our experimentation with awarding boost to the players, which has increased the fun factor by keeping players close enough together to use Zero Gear’s unique brand of close and personal physical weapons.

Zaphos
« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »

When / why is boost awarded?

Looks nice, but the trailer would be more fun to watch with some music playing Smiley
marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2009, 11:57:16 AM »

It is not so much a trailer as a "hey I will try to run fraps this playtest"

Right now we are awarding boost each time you pass a checkpoint, the farther behind the first place player the more boost you will get. You also can build up a small amount of boost by drafting other players.

I might have some pretty cool news about music in the near future  Wink

marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: September 22, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »

We recently got the 12th and last map before release put into the game. It is a little hard to appreciate how many maps we have made over the last 2 years, so I decided to put them all together in one graphic for visualization.

on the game progress front, we are back to having closed private beta tests every week, and we hope to move to an open beta at the end on November.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: September 23, 2009, 04:50:59 AM »

this game looks more and more awesome, congrats guys, cannot wait to play it  Kiss

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: September 23, 2009, 05:48:23 AM »

Wow, I can't believe you guys have been working on the game for two years. Congratulations on all the awesome work so far, and good luck with the rest of the project!
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: September 24, 2009, 04:29:45 AM »

Yeah it's looking sweet and has been great to watch development.  I still have just one gripe - the tracks seem a bit too wide and forgiving for me, especially considering you can drive on the verges.  I know it's probably too late in the day to change this though.

Great luck with it guys!

marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: September 24, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »

I have found that it is nice to have a forgiving track when you are getting knocked around and blown up by physics items during the game. You will be able to decide for yourself when the beta is opened.  Hand Joystick Outraged

marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: October 23, 2009, 03:05:55 PM »

new screenshots! A new trailer and an open beta are coming soon - I promise! (we are busting our asses on it  Hand Joystick Addicted)

I also re-vamped our game website: http://myzerogear.com

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: October 23, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »

Hand Shake Left Grin Hand Shake Right

looks wonderful (unsurprisingly)

I love the cliff texture in the snowy level in the second shot.

and oh my that's alot of hats.

marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: October 25, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »

a handful more screenshots from a ZG playtest / LAN party we had this weekend. The build is looking pretty good to open up soon, still a few usability things to implement / tweak and a couple of random hardware issues to sort out, but nothing incredibly major.

marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: November 02, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »

We were planning on releasing our new trailer once we had the beta signups up and running, but the IGF entrants ninja'ed us was sooner than I expected. Ninja So here is Zero Gear's page: http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2010.php?id=112

and here is our new trailer:

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: November 03, 2009, 07:15:52 AM »

Bump for supreme justice. Awesome sauce all over this game.

TheCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: November 03, 2009, 01:14:25 PM »

I think it's a bad sign that this computer doesn't even run the trailer at full speed.  I can't wait to move out of this crap studio so I can use my desktop again instead of this useful, but powerless laptop.

Otherwise, COOL STUFF DUDES.  Looks very professional and ridiculously fun.  My only wish is that it was on the Xbox 360 so I could play it with my wife. 
marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: November 06, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »

ok, I have to test our little beta signup page - go grab some beta keys: http://myzerogear.com/beta/invite.php

let me know if you get a key ok and it works, etc.

marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: November 06, 2009, 10:42:01 PM »

All the keys we put in there for now have been taken, we will add more next week!

Cagey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: November 06, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »

Yay I finally got a key!

First thing I noticed: this game is super polished. The radio in the garage is super-awesome.

Before I could play I had to update to the very very latest DirectX 9.0c (I swear my DirectX 9.0c has needed updating at least 3 times - why not change the version number), after which it all worked smoothly. When I was hosting a game with 7 bots on my average laptop it didn't have a fantastic framerate but I'm yet to try out a game with real people.

Looking forward to playing a proper game or two and I really hope this gets an XBLA release. Please add splitscreen if it does.

Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: November 07, 2009, 03:25:00 AM »

Ahhhh hahaha I laughed so hard when I drove past a giant radio with Pencil and Henry the Fist (Zero Gear FM Hosts, look in credits!) arguing on it lol.

Alas I could not get bots working but I think that's just because I don't know how to do it. All the changes are really smooth Dave, the game looks ready to release, great work all three of you.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic