Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:54:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMomodora (RELEASED!)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Momodora (RELEASED!)  (Read 42689 times)
MaloEspada
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »

stuff

aww, I'm sorry for you. Sad
Thanks!!

I am having a lot of trouble with this game. I understand that the checkpoints are mean to bookend the various sections of the game, but they're too few and far between.

A lot of people say that, but it's just the way I wanted it to be. It's not supposed to be an easy game.
JoGribbs
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »

but I am totally cool with the difficulty. What I am having trouble with is that every time I die I have to go back to a checkpoint that I passed 10-15 minutes ago, and then repeat the same challenges I've already beat. It doesn't challenge my skill, only my ability to memorise a sequence of events. I don't mind games being challenging, but I do mind games wasting my time.

this is not to downplay what you've made here. It's a beautiful game aesthetically and it controls really well, I just think that there could be more checkpoints
Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2010, 02:36:53 PM »

I like how the checkpoints are set up but maybe instead of respawning at a checkpoint you could respawn at the beginning of the screen you are in. Checkpoints should be save points not respawn points.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2010, 11:32:05 PM »

I knew it.
I EFFING KNEW IT.
Spoilers ahoy, boys.

After I go through the whole cave, killing eye thing upon eye thing, and finally facing off against the Queen of the underworld in an incredibly easy (yet still cool in its pixel-arty awesomeness), I finally find out that MY MOTHER CAN'T BE BROUGHT BACK. The whole game was an exercise in futility, with nothing but some sweet weapons and treasure to prove for it. I came for my mom. I don't care about a machine gun and the best revolver ever, I WANT MY FRIGGIN MOM. I don't want this "necessary sacrifice" and "redemption of the earth" bull, I want what I spent my time to obtain.
Are video games really so predictable? One of my posts in this topic specifically stated "The girl's mother isn't coming back, is she." And you know what? I was right. It's become too easy to figure out when someone won't come back from the dead; always. WHY ARE INDIE GAMES SO DAMN DEPRESSING? Braid's depressing. Aquaria's depressing. Cave Story's depressing. And don't even get me started on Yume Nikki.
WHAT. THE. HELL.
*Inhale* *Exhale* *Inhale* *Exhale*

So anyways, it was good, if a bit short.
Xylon Lionheart
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2010, 01:43:48 PM »

So after hearing about this game from Lordkat's podcast "This Week in Gaming", I have to say that the game was indeed very fun to play.  The ending was rather depressing, though.  As such, I was curious as to whether or not there is a better ending if one gets all the items.  I have fourteen of the fifteen items, the one missing being the one that would show up in the spot under the magic leaf.  I've played through the game a few times, and I still can't find that item.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »

My game crashed when i tried to load

probably win7
(32bit)

meca047
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2010, 03:19:14 AM »

Code:
for object player:

Sound does not exist.
I loaded a game at the first save point, hit "a" and got this error. This happens every time I load the save file. Want me to send it to you?

Ben

Same here ! For those googling the "A error", let's say you just have to click ignore 10x times or so.

And that's no music, which give the game a little Knytt ambiance. I can say I like it better from what I just watched from youtube.com.

So, that's not obvious, Click Ignore as many times as necessary and you'll get the game started.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:28:33 AM by meca047 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic