Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:30:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSpace Captain McCallery Episode 2 (+Freeware Version Experiment)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space Captain McCallery Episode 2 (+Freeware Version Experiment)  (Read 2673 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2010, 03:50:29 PM »

UPDATE:
I have decided to experiment with a new demo.  Rather than containing part of the demo, the demo contains the full game, released as freeware, but with no save points or challenge mode options.  So if you can ironman the game, you could, in theory, play the whole thing.  But if you die in the demo, you start at the beginning.

Download the Demo Version >Here<

The game is a top-down action-adventure game.  This new episode has Space Captain McCallery traveling to a planet of prehistoric monsters in search of the great weaponmaster Mark Two-Blasters.  This episode is quite a deal larger than the first episode, and has more of a focus on exploration.  Episode 2 costs $5

You can watch the trailer for the game here:  

Find the game >HERE<

There is also a demo available here, and the first episode is available for free here.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:47:10 PM by Alec S. » Logged

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »

Just updated the file with a few small fixes, mostly involving some missing collision blocks.

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 12:31:02 PM »

Episode one was pretty interesting, I'll keep my eye out for the second installment.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 12:54:35 PM »

Thanks!   Beer!

The game is mostly complete it it's current form.  Now I'm mostly just working on polish and some extras, like the challenge mode. 

deathtotheweird
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 05:26:59 PM »

sweet deal. just got it. probably play sometime this weekend

got too many games I need to play  Hand Joystick
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 03:19:47 PM »

Thanks!  Hope you enjoy it!   Beer!

I just uploaded a new version.  It's getting really close to the final version.  I've added in the challenge mode options, as well as an interactive journal in the ship, where you can read about some of the captain's earlier adventures.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 10:49:50 PM »

I've just released what should be the final update to the game.  I'm going to keep the beta price for a couple days, so if you want it for the reduced price, get it before this Wednesday at 11:59, at about which point the game will go up to it's full price of $5 USD.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »

just wanna be double sure, just in case. my save from the initial release (pre-challenge mode) will still work in the upgrade won't it?

edit: I just copied my save over and it works fine. crisis averted
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:54:24 AM by allen » Logged
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 12:41:12 PM »

The game is now on sale for the end of the year.  The game will be down to $3 USD until January 1st.

EDIT:  There is also now a DevLog for the third episode.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:54:20 PM by Alec S. » Logged

Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 11:18:37 AM »

Going to try the first episode now :3
Will buy if it's good!
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 05:10:35 PM »

Cool, I hope you enjoy(ed) it.  Also keep in mind that Episode 1 is much shorter and has less of an open world than Episode 2.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »

I've decided to try an experiment.  I've released a new demo which is essentially the full game, but without any save points, so if you die, you have to start over.

I've also uploaded an update to the game.  I increased the framerate/game speed to make it smoother.  I've also fixed a few things including an issue with diagonal jumping.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic