Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:28:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)want a tablet?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: want a tablet?  (Read 4982 times)
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2010, 04:54:50 PM »

ok.  so, for a long time, i had no tablet.  then i had an old intuos, and it bit the dust.

i am poor.  so what was i going to do??  wacom tablets are really expensive.

i got one of these for $36:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10841&cs_id=1084101&p_id=5553&seq=1&format=2

it works great, and it's cheap.  absolutely 100% recommend this to those of you who are sad about not being able to afford a tablet.  poasting this in art, cause.. it's a tablet!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:00:15 PM by neon » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »

tablet!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »

I have a wacom. I ended up never using it Sad

sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:54:01 PM »

Tablets are great! I've had a bunch of wacoms — none compare with my current marvellous Cintiq
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »

The Cintiq must be every digital artists dream, i got a bamboo not too long ago and LOVES it

ink.inc
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »

I have a Bamboo.... it's way too fucking small Sad
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »

at first I was worried about mine being too small, then i realized how little my mouse actually moves.

so i had no trouble adjusting.

EDIT: and i have two monitors and set my tablet to be proportionate so only the top half is usable, i still dont have much trouble with it

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 07:42:49 PM »

As I don't use my tablet very often, I think my Bamboo is quite fine.  My cousin who has one of the larger wacom tablets for digital photography pointed out after awhile his arm gets tired from lots of having to move back and forth over the larger tablet surface.  It's great to have a large tablet if you need the detail, but if not, smaller ones work fine  Smiley

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 02:52:56 AM »

That looks pretty sweet. I might get one.
RCIX
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:39 AM »

I have a Bamboo right now, and its nice but small. This would be good, if i can find the Hand Money Right for it.
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 11:19:14 AM »

my current marvellous Cintiq

Beg

Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »

I have a wacom. I ended up never using it Sad

Same here. I bought a tablet a while back, and then I realized that my awful art skills coupled with a tablet were still awful art skills. Ended up reselling it on eBay a few months later.
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »

I've got an A5 Wacom Graphire3, which I bought about 4 years ago and I've been drawing with it all the time. I don't know if they still make this model, but when I got it it was about £130, whereas the other A5 models seemed to be about £250, and it's great value. If they still sell them the price might be even lower these days, or maybe if you look for a second-hand one.

I love my Wacom. Perfect size for drawing like you would with a normal pen and sketchbook, and it's very reliable. I don't think I'd want to draw with a smaller model. The only thing it lacks is tilt-sensitivity.

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »

Tablets are great! I've had a bunch of wacoms — none compare with my current marvellous Cintiq

While the cintiq is definitely bitchin' and superfun to use I kinda found that it was a lot less precise and not quite as 'useable' as the regular A4 intuos because (if you have it set standing up kinda like a slanted monitor, which I did) you kinda have to hold your arm up and it gets tired or you kinda have to rest on your elbow which after hours of being pivoted upon gets all hurty and uncomfortable, on top of that no matter how many times I tried to get it right the calibration always ends up being off around the edges and I had a pretty hard time trying to hit the x buttons to close windows.

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 01:16:16 PM »

I have a Bamboo.... it's way too fucking small Sad

ditto, haha. It gets the job done though.

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »

I have a Intuos 3 6x11" and being not really much of an artist I still use it quite a lot, I even use it for certain games (Crayon Physics and Sniping in TF2.) Some FPSes all it makes me do is spin around in crazy fast circles, which in turn makes people think I'm hacking or something.

I also have an Adesso CyberTablet 6400 6" X 4.5" which I'm looking to sell actually. Don't need it when I have a Intuos 3. Any takers?  Wink

jjwallace
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 11:47:51 AM »

monoprice rocks! i got my monitor arm from them... i might give that 40 dollar tablet a try....   Beer!

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 12:21:44 PM »

Holy fucking sig batman. o_O

ink.inc
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »

Very, uh, eye-catching.
Ajezard
Level 0

View Profile