Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411519 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:14:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCan I, should I, make a fighting game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Can I, should I, make a fighting game  (Read 20240 times)
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 07:27:09 AM »

Wedding Dress Zombie needs to attack with a bouquet of flowers. Super should summon a skeleton groom to smack around.  Shrug

I dunno, Wedding Zombie looks the best for a character imo.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 08:52:04 AM »

Wedding Dress Zombie needs to attack with a bouquet of flowers.

That's a good idea. Also her kick could be that she takes her leg off and hits you with it.
Her Super was the only idea I allready had- she flashes to a real human and everything goes kindof echo-ey, simply walks forward n kisses you, then flashes back to a zombie and she's actually eating your face.
I've got this idiotic idea that she can't run or jump.

I'm back on-board with this zombie thing.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2011, 07:46:29 PM »

DONE

She has stronger attacks than anyone else, a projectile (kindof) and an anti-air... but can't run or jump.
Yes, this is the most retarded fighting game ever. Did I make a zombie character to give a drastically different method of play for people who've mastered the game- or did I just make it so I'd have to animate less?
GAMING MYSTERIES!!!!

She's definately a weird character. She was actually unexpectedly awkward to animate...

Gonna start on the 5th guy tomorrow. NO IDEA what it's gonna be, so keep suggestin things.

OH- update: if you hit someone in the air, you'll get a little bounce. It feels funner.
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »

I... I... I am in love... with this zombie bride anyways. Best character yet.

There should be ASCII Girl (instead of action girl, get it? dohohohoh.... yeah I don't get it either). Or better, some monster-like character that isn't a zombie. Something just off the wall... something great... something... like a T-Rex wearing a viking helm. VIKING REX.

I dunno, this game is just, amazing on all sorts of levels already. I say, as long as it is zany, weird, and fairly different you are on the right path!
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2011, 09:02:01 PM »

Kiss
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2011, 09:25:53 PM »

Wait Zombie bride who special is walking towards you to give you a rough hickey?   Hand JoystickCrazy Hand Any Key

next character be a female Scotland log tosser.
though seeing the Zombie hooker as a alt costume would be nice not to add more work just a idea.
Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

okay viking scot log thrower gal and her super summons a T-rex (with a viking hat) which burst from the ground launching the opponent in to the sky to land into the Trex mouth, which it will shake the opponent, spits them out, flinch and falls on top of them Dying.

now on that zombie video I notice she walks then goes into a running animation does the full screen super has her lunge at her opponent if their to far away?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:45:22 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
filosofiamanga
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2011, 07:55:04 AM »

Don't worry about making a quality game art, you got it right!
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2011, 08:30:36 AM »

Y'know I might aswell show the other concept stuff-
Once I'd allready started makin this character, I had to draw a portrait for when she does her special.

At first I drew her regular, but then I thought it'd be more appropriate to do her un-zombie. Then I was really unhappy with how she looked, an she wasn't pretty enough. She looked like a character from a newspaper comic, an I couldn't get it right.
So I brought up a picture from my old game, April & Booster, and basically gave her that face. And now it looks good. Also I rounded her chin.

next character be a female Scotland log tosser.

OH- I just remembered, I wanted to make a lumberjack. Funny you should mention that, cos I said it last week on my Newgrounds blog. They're depressingly under-represented in games.
I know what his special would be, but what about his regular moves? I've allready got a grappler Sad
now on that zombie video I notice she walks then goes into a running animation does the full screen super has her lunge at her opponent if their to far away?

No, cos then I think it'd be too powerful if she could travel the whole screen.
She walks a bit, runs a bit, then if she's still not there she falls over and zombies.
It doesn't run as far as you'd think.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2011, 12:17:34 PM »

No, cos then I think it'd be too powerful if she could travel the whole screen.
She walks a bit, runs a bit, then if she's still not there she falls over and zombies.
It doesn't run as far as you'd think.
Would be funny if you add a small hit box where she falls over so if that connects she ends up tackling the opponent and eats their face bends back and rolls off them.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2011, 02:19:53 PM »

I just found

I thought I should share.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »

For the lumberjack special, something to do with chopping down a tree and having it fall on the other person.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »

For the lumberjack special, something to do with chopping down a tree and having it fall on the other person.
I thought of that, BUT it seems a bit un-dodgable.

I actually wanna do a character with a lot of movement, like someone who throws themself forward n back a lot, someone who wall-jumps. I might save the lumberjack for later...

Today I just worked on improving the game all-around, tryina make it more fun and less glitchy.
shig
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2011, 05:27:03 PM »

Her super doesn't have so much impact because she already bites faces as her regular throw :/

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2011, 06:43:08 PM »

a witch with a lot of attacks based on flying with the broom, basically as an aerial ninja type person, but a witch

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »

Grab -> jump punch = second super

Give the lumber jack pair of hatchets for him/Her to latch on to the sides of the wall.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2011, 10:58:13 PM »

Isn't the stampede un-dodgable?
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »

Isn't the stampede un-dodgable?
He wants it completely Un-dodgable not a bit... A tree falling on someone can be dodged if they where far away enough no this tree must pull the person in then fall.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »

It's possible to do the stampede wrong. If you do it while the person's getting up or while they're in the air, it'll only do 30 damage instead of 40, just due to how many times it hits. But you're right, it is a bit too undodgeable.
The tree idea would just be one fat hit of 40 damage every time, which I'm not gonna do.

Her super doesn't have so much impact because she already bites faces as her regular throw :/
I know, but what am I supposed to do with a zombie?

Anyway, 5th guy is gonna be a psycho hitch hiker:

I just can't get it right here. I can't get his stance right. Are his colours wrong or something? I can't get it to look good :|

A lot of reasons: I want someone who's gonna jump back n forwards a lot, slide around n jump off walls and just go nuts all over the screen. Nobody's doing that yet, and that's somethin I really like in fighting games.
I'm inspired here mostly by two things: The Hitcher, which is a dumb horror film I watched a few months ago, but it had some fun concepts and cool settings. This guy's level is gonna be a rain-slick highway road in a storm, it's gonna be really cool.

and also Sylar from the first season of Heroes. They didn't show his face for ages, so he was just a guy in a raincoat n hat. He wasn't a creepy slow monster guy, he was just a man who'd bust into your house n fuckin strangle you out o nowhere. That was his deal. So that's fun.

OH and also I wanted a guy in a hat like Terry Bogard. This game needs more hats.
And nobody's really very evil in this game yet.

I'm so behind here, it's fuckin Wednesday allready n I still haven't got his design right.
Also I feel bad that I keep postin in this thread, cos I hate when there's some doofy little game right up the top o the page with a trillion posts every day n I'm like GOD WOULD THIS THREAD FUCK OFF? So I'm sure there's a bunch o people on here sick o me, like THIS FUCKIN RETARD'S TWO-BUTTON FIGHTING GAME, ARGH. I empathise.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:16:34 PM by I_smell » Logged
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2011, 08:09:05 PM »

What about something like:
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2011, 11:55:26 PM »

For the zombie's grab, make her chew on the persons arm (or something else other than the head) so the face chew is like a more deadly version of the normal chew.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic